Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          If Tannehill is out for the year who do you want?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 03, 2017 10:31AM

Poll
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
14 votes were received.
Moore 9

64%
Cutler 1

7%
Kaepernick 0

0%
Romo 2

14%
Marino 2

14%

So, Tannehill goes down, non contact, in a practice. Stick a fork in him. Next year we draft a QB. Who fills in for this season?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: If Tannehill is out for the year who do you want?
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 03, 2017 10:37AM

Moore has earned it. He knows the playbook, he came in cold last season and did very well. He ran the no huddle to perfection against NE. I think some are afraid he would outshine Tannehill.

Posted by: jimmmyd3 ()
Date: August 03, 2017 10:41AM

Bring in Johnny Football !!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 03, 2017 01:01PM

Hooligan times 2. (What he said that is).

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 03, 2017 01:05PM

Draftsite has us picking qbs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of their 2018 mock. I thought they were crazy but now hmmm.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 03, 2017 01:09PM

If they let tannehill run he will definetely will not last too long. And thats what he does best.

If they let him be a pocket qb we already know he stinks.

Tannehill cant even handle falling down by himself.

He is damaged goods.

Time to draft a qb in the first round next year.

Of course i hope iam wrong. But i fear for the worse.

Griffin the 3rd revisited.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 03, 2017 01:27PM

And i rather lose every game instead of having that stupid dumb retard.....kapernick on this team....

Trash humans dont deserve to play football.

If he plays for this team iam done with the dolphins.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 03, 2017 02:29PM

The team is bigger than any one player. If RT has to miss significant time Kap is the single best option out of a mostly poor available pool. It's really him or oswieller who has severe salary issues. Either way Kap is the only one of the bunch that has a prayer of doing well...as for Moore if he has to play significant time we are in for a top five pick.

And no, I do not like Kap, he's just simply the only choice at this point for a guy with some talent and the possibility of success.

Hope we don't have go there however.

Posted by: OCphin ()
Date: August 03, 2017 06:17PM

Screw any of those losers on the poll list.
I'd seriously look at trading for Brent Hundley in Green Bay.
He could start for 90% of the teams in this league.
He just happens to be stashed behind Aaron Rodgers.
Watched him play a lot at UCLA. He's a flat out stud!

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: August 03, 2017 07:26PM

well I would personally love to see Moore get the job. The guy can make throws tanny cant and has much better pocket presence and touch than tanny. The problem is if we could get a better Oline then all we need is Moore. With Larsen down and well in my opinion a balsa wood center in pouncey, I think its time to get some lineman in here, and with all the weapons on offense we should have no problem with Moore being back there.

Date: August 03, 2017 08:52PM

Moore is a guy that can come in and play fairly well and at times good for a short stretch...that's all. If we have to go into the season with him as our sixteen game starter we are sunk.

Date: August 04, 2017 03:01AM

OCphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Screw any of those losers on the poll list.
> I'd seriously look at trading for Brent Hundley in
> Green Bay.
> He could start for 90% of the teams in this
> league.
> He just happens to be stashed behind Aaron
> Rodgers.
> Watched him play a lot at UCLA. He's a flat out
> stud!

What do we trade? A #2? Cam Wake? (Just kidding) Moore is our best shot. Maybe get Cutler to tide #2 or compete.

I'm not happy about this. Tannys game is based on his scrambling and mobility. I won't forget how fast he was in his rookie season. I was amazed watching him scramble in person.

But he can't hang in the back with a knee brace on .His release is not there. Not his game.

This is not good.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: August 04, 2017 04:35AM

I would trust Moore if RT is out for the season.
But just to throw a suggestion out there, how about talking to the Bears about Glennon. Horrible, too pricey, might work?

Date: August 04, 2017 04:42AM

If Tanne is out w/ have to salvage this season. Go with Moore and hope Cutler wants to play for Gase this year (and next?).

I like Hundley but do we give up our 1st rnd in 2018? That is what the Pack will want. W/ Tanne having an injury history now maybe we do make the trade since we would be spending that pick on a qb anyway.

Date: August 04, 2017 06:38AM

Only because Tanny might now be damaged goods... I support a #1 on a QB, but ONLY IF GASE APPROVES. I trust his expertise. Something we havnt had in a long while here. He thinks the Packs#2 is worth it, he probably is.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: August 04, 2017 06:47AM

I like Moore a lot but as a backup. If he needs to come in and keep the team afloat for 2 or 3 games while the starter mends, he's perfect. As a starter? Not so much. If Moore is the 16 game starter, I honestly doubt we go 8-8. If the team doesn't look for a better option, whoever that is, than winning isn't their primary goal. Honestly, I don't know if Kap is the best option or not but I don't mix politics with my sports entertainment. I don't give a flip what a player's politics are. I care about what he brings to the team. If a player plays his heart out to win, who he voted for is his business and not mine. I will say, whoever they bring in, better be durable and mobile. Pouncey is iffy health-wise and our guard situation sucks. James is an average tackle and Tunsel is essentially a rookie since he manning a new position.

Date: August 04, 2017 07:54AM

I feel the same regarding Moore, not sure he has what it takes to deliver all 16 games. Just like our backup lbs he shows flashes and makes some plays but I really don't think he is starting material.

If its worse case scenario and Tanne is out 7/8+ games I would like to have Cutler. He knows Gase' O. Between him and Moore we might pull 10 games out of the season. If the front office wants Kap so be it. Everyone has their opinions, I just don't think we will win with him back there not knowing this O and w/ Moore I think we will need 2 qbs.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: August 04, 2017 08:34AM

I think you guys are seriously underestimating Matt Moore. Look at the stats, he has gotten the job done, and not just in the short term, but for a season: look at his progress in the year before Tannehill got here when he was the starter for the majority of the season. He got better and better, to the point that I thought that they would have Tannehill just sit and learn for a year. I still think that is what they should have done.
What do you think of A.J. McCarron if we could get him for less than a first?

Rick

Date: August 04, 2017 09:36AM

Im pulling for Moore but still don't think he is a starter. I like McCarron not sure that Cincy is going to give him up. Hundley vs McCarron I take Hundley but if I ended up w/ McCarron I would not feel like a loser.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: August 04, 2017 10:53AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> If Tanne is out w/ have to salvage this season. Go
> with Moore and hope Cutler wants to play for Gase
> this year (and next?).
>
> I like Hundley but do we give up our 1st rnd in
> 2018? That is what the Pack will want. W/ Tanne
> having an injury history now maybe we do make the
> trade since we would be spending that pick on a qb
> anyway.

I think he was a 5th round pick a couple years ago. I was hoping we would take him in the 3rd or 4th rd.
With almost zero NFL tape/playing time, he's still a bit of a risk for any suitors.
We could probably get him for a 2nd, or even 3rd rd pick.
Rodgers is talking of playing till he's 40, so BH is just wasting away in GB. There's also speculation in GB that he could be traded next year.
I'm not suggesting he would come in and start. Matt Moore is 100% starting Week 1 no matter who comes in(Cutler or Kap included).
But we do need a serious upgrade over Doubty and Fails, and Hundley would be a perfect fit. And then let him compete for the starting job next year. I'm betting he would win that competition.

Date: August 04, 2017 12:28PM

Fins72 Wrote:
> .........................................Honestly, I
> don't know if Kap is the best option or not but I
> don't mix politics with my sports entertainment. I
> don't give a flip what a player's politics are. I
> care about what he brings to the team. ..........................................

RESPONSE: If it had only been the Black Lives Matter versus the Police, then even as a death penalty prosecutor, I would agree with you.

But as a Black kid who grew up in a segregated 50's Lawton, Oklahoma, where not only was the federal government the only people who would stick up for us but where Fort Sill Military Base, obviously a federal institution, was the only place we Black kids could swim (whether related to any army personnel or not), you don't disrespect the American flag. You can protest any part of the political scene from Trump to Obama without turning your back on that Flag. When you do so, you turn your back on me. I say let Kaepernick stay out there in the land of the unemployed forever.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: August 04, 2017 08:33PM

Amen Chyren. I have served for this country in the USN. I don't care what someone thinks or says its their right. But when you disrespect the country saying its so bad, why the hell are you cashing its currency?? bullshit bullshit and then more bullshit. Hope i did not offend anyone with that statement, but the world is a huge place, if you don't like it here kiss my ass and move away.

Date: August 04, 2017 09:29PM

As Randy Travis says, "Forever and ever, Amen."

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 05, 2017 04:20AM

Tannehill's knee situation is perilous for the Dolphins' season. Moore as the back-up would have the opportunity of a lifetime to lead the team to victory, however; my instincts don't sense that he's like Earl Morral and would not expect greatness from him. Cutler, I believe has more ability than Moore but has shown a propensity to screw up way too often. He's a gunslinger type QB and is mistake ridden. Kaepernick...the best athlete...no thanks though. He's contra to my respect for the American flag which flies everyday at my home.

Date: August 05, 2017 12:07PM

I agree 100% Moore is the number 1. I just have the feeling that Moore has cold spots over the course of a season and may need to be pull. Definitely need someone to back him up. Don Strock was a helluva backup but had some limitations as a starter.

Date: August 05, 2017 06:01PM

In our (and the NFL'S only) perfect season, Griese went out early in the year and Ear Morrall led us throughout the rest of what was then a perfect season and the playoffs until the SuperBowl. Griese was ready but I didn't want to switch out a winning hand, even for the guy who was the reason that I was a Dolphin fan in the first place. Shula disagreed and started Griese. We won.

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: August 05, 2017 06:33PM

No thanks to Kapernick. ignoring that national anthem protest and Castro t-shirt he wore, he just isn't a cerebral qb and I don't see him fitting in Miami system. It took Tannehill about 3/4 of season with minicamps, OTA, and training camp to finally become proficient. I just don't see any QB worth signing but a current QB on the roster or someone who has been in Gase system before.

Date: August 06, 2017 05:02AM

OK guys, so from the comments above we should just phone in the season because none of the guys we have a shot at are appealing to us.

In my opinion if Kap has the talent to salvage our season until RT can come back...we should go get him. This also goes for Cutler or anyone else.

Moore is good enough for a few game stretch but with our schedule he won't get us to a 10 win season due to his talent imitations...less than 10 wins is simply is not good enough. The rest of the team would have to put in a herculean effort with no injuries and quite a bit of good fortune thrown in to get us to the playoffs with him under center.

We should bring in the best, most talented player we can get if we are going to bring anyone in...screw the static.

My 10 win prediction has already gone down to 5-6 wins max with RT out. The only available player that could maybe exceed that is Kap for better of worse.

Cutler-never thought he was very good.
Romo-made of glass.
Trade for someone-would take too much time that we don't have.
Kap-a$$hole but very talented.
Moore- too limited and throws too many picks.

I fear we are well and truly screwed.

Date: August 06, 2017 06:39AM

We might be screwed hope Moore can work a miracle. Kap? If we get him we get him. The flag stuff does not bother me. I don't like it but he is an American. Naval academy signed a kid that protested just like Kap did. Its about the constitution. Navy understands that. Not like Kap is having secret meetings with the president of Russia and we have to get transcripts of the meeting from the Russians.

Date: August 06, 2017 11:00PM

All academic now...Cutler is the guy. Moore will be the week one starter however, JMO.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.