Home
THIS SITE
  About Phins.com
  Contact Us
  Staff
TEAM NEWS
  Team Info
  Twitter Feeds
  News Wire
  XML News
  Subscribe using any news reader
  News Articles
  Mobile News
  On Porpoise
GAMES
  Schedule
PERSONNEL
  Roster
  Depth Chart
  Training Camp
  Draft
FOR THE FANS
  Forums
  Places To Watch
  Dolphins Links
  Game Tickets
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute
  News Archive
  Past Games
  Transactions
  Past Rosters
SUPPORT PHINS.COM
  Dolphins Fan Shop
  Phins.com Apparel
 
-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com
 
  Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          James
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
James
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: May 01, 2017 11:00AM

J. James 5th year option was just picked up for....$8M.

Seriously? He is an average tackle; average tackles do not make $8M per year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 01, 2017 01:24PM

Nonesense....


need to keep good players....He had a down year because of injuries but he is a good player....


Weve been letting go of good players before and look where is taking us.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James
Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: May 02, 2017 03:25AM

I think he is average at best and i wouldn't have picked up how 5th year if I was in charge. I have seen him get smoke by pass rushers over his 3 year career and hasn't seemed to make much progress since his rookie year. Maybe it's the musical guards next to him affecting his play. For a 1st round pick, I think he is a borderline bust. he would be fine if he was a late round pick contributing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: May 02, 2017 09:05AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nonesense....
>
>
> need to keep good players....He had a down year
> because of injuries but he is a good player....
>
>
> Weve been letting go of good players before and
> look where is taking us.

***************************************************

Agreed, Sam, that Miami needs to start holding on to their own players (which they have done this year). However, James is a good OL, but not at $8M. Miami should have opted out of his 5th year, then reworked his deal to about $4-5M.

You say he had a down year because of injuries. I disagree...his play has pretty much been the same since he came into the league; no worse, no better. Evidently, this is his ceiling.

Not worth $8M.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 02, 2017 09:19AM

I disagree. He hasnt reach his ceiling yet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: May 02, 2017 12:26PM

I'll defer to the coaches on this...they obviously wanted him and must know more about him than we do. Gase hasn't done much wrong so far so I'll trust his coaching and eye for what he needs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 03, 2017 02:31AM

James has been our most stable o-linemen for the past 3 years. He had to get pulled once but when he returned he learned his lesson. He wins more battles than he loses. Pay the guy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James
Date: May 08, 2017 11:48AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> James has been our most stable o-linemen for the
> past 3 years. He had to get pulled once but when
> he returned he learned his lesson. He wins more
> battles than he loses. Pay the guy.


Thats what scares me......HE is our best? sad smileyeye popping smiley

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: May 09, 2017 11:52AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mizzou15 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > James has been our most stable o-linemen for
> the
> > past 3 years. He had to get pulled once but
> when
> > he returned he learned his lesson. He wins more
> > battles than he loses. Pay the guy.
>
>
> Thats what scares me......HE is our best? sad smileyeye popping smiley

**************************************************

And as I said before, he may be a decent OL, but not worth $8M.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 10, 2017 02:43AM

Phins thinks he is worth 8 mil this season. They are the ones cutting the check and that's good enough for me. We were 10-6, playoffs a 1k yard rb and guys are bitching. Grow some.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 10, 2017 12:04PM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Phins thinks he is worth 8 mil this season. They
> are the ones cutting the check and that's good
> enough for me. We were 10-6, playoffs a 1k yard
> rb and guys are bitching. Grow some.

I got no dog in this hunt either way but posts like this at best are hypocritical (I'd rather think you only post this way when those in charge make moves you like because bad as it is it is even better than the following) or worse is a mindless "keep marching and follow the leader even though he is marching up right out to the edge of the cliff."

I guess you felt the same way concerning moves made by all the bad administrations we had since Don Shula.

10-6, barely making the playoffs, after drafting the QB in 2012 and having other stars on the offensive line like Pouncey and defensive supposed stars like Cameron Wake, etc. is what you'd expect in a down year. Compare that with what the Patsies have done over the same period.

No.....telling the guy who wants better to shut up just proves that you are satisfied with mediocrity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 10, 2017 03:32PM

Phins thinks he is worth 8 mil this season. They are the ones cutting the check and that's good enough for me. We were 10-6, playoffs a 1k yard rb and guys are bitching. Grow some.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 11, 2017 10:14AM

Yeah. Like I said. You are satisfied with being slightly above mediocrity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 11, 2017 10:28AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah. Like I said. You are satisfied with being
> slightly above mediocrity.

Since we are going to take the time and make observations on each other:

Like a said you are a whiny, argument seeking, pink, effeminate p-.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 11, 2017 01:58PM

Hmmm, seems to me that you have issues with your OWN manhood when your first resort is to question the manhood of all that disagree with you. Why don't you just come out the closezt? We will still accept you. Honest!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 11, 2017 04:39PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 11, 2017 06:26PM

LOL. You proving what I said but you van't help it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 12, 2017 02:57PM

Mizzou, I've gone back in "search" and read past posts you have written and those between us. You are an all right guy and I have no real issue with you. Maybe we should just ramp this DOWN.

This thread argument started when I said I disagreed with approving of moves just because our coaching and ownership staff made them based on past history of former regimes.

Then the thread went bad. You have your opinion and I respect that and I have my opinion and you should respect, though not agree, with that.

That should have been the end of it and should be the end of it now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James
Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: June 03, 2017 03:22PM

Hey Chryen. I've had this guy on ignore for years. Anytime u disagree with him it will delve into name calling.

On to the OP subject, I think the guy is a B- tackle when compared to the rest of the league. Has his play warranted 8mill? No. But the big question is has he reached his ceiling yet? Gase seems to have a good grasp on talent so I'll defer to him and the rest of the staff until they prove otherwise.

Options: ReplyQuote


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England
TOP
   
© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.