HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Kenny Stills
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Kenny Stills
Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: February 16, 2017 07:53AM

Initially I was thinking it should be a no brainer that Miami should sign him to a long term contract, but I am not sure and it probably depends on his contract demands. It is not that I don't he isn't a contributor to the Dolphins, but I am thinking longer term about Miami's other 2 young receivers. Landry is obviously going to get paid (and Miami should pay him because he brings other intangible leadership skills beyond his production). DeVante Parker is on trajectory to be inline for a big contract as well. Does Miami want to be hamstrung to big contract to be able to pay Parker because they paid Kenny Stills? There are only so many big contract a football can pay in the current NFL pay scale and cap structure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kenny Stills
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: February 16, 2017 09:52AM

dgoodhue Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Initially I was thinking it should be a no brainer
> that Miami should sign him to a long term
> contract, but I am not sure and it probably
> depends on his contract demands. It is not that I
> don't he isn't a contributor to the Dolphins, but
> I am thinking longer term about Miami's other 2
> young receivers. Landry is obviously going to get
> paid (and Miami should pay him because he brings
> other intangible leadership skills beyond his
> production). DeVante Parker is on trajectory to be
> inline for a big contract as well. Does Miami
> want to be hamstrung to big contract to be able to
> pay Parker because they paid Kenny Stills? There
> are only so many big contract a football can pay
> in the current NFL pay scale and cap structure.

Stills has said he wants to remain in Miami, but his asking price is going to be more than Miami is willing to give, especially for the reasons you stated.

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: February 21, 2017 04:02AM

Miami needs a deep threat, so who would replace him? Not Parker. Not Carroo. Not Landry. There is no one on the team to replace him. With so many holes to fill, it doesn't make sense to spend a high draft pick on a WR. There is chemistry between Tannehill and Stills which is very important; it's not like when Wallace was in Miami. That said, I'd be okay with a cheaper Free Agent as long as they could produce.

One thing that Miami MUST NOT do is to let Stills walk and not replace him with another deep threat WR. Gase or no Gase, Miami's offense without a legitimate deep threat will be no better than Lazor's dink-and-dunk ineffective garbage.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 21, 2017 03:13PM

You are right, gofins that he is a talented guy but he is also an idiot that is so self obsessed that he amounts to a negative. Therefore getting rid of him is a good thing.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: February 21, 2017 04:28PM

If stills walks I'd take Ted Ginn back at half the cost.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: February 27, 2017 03:49AM

Pay the man--fill the contract with incentives. We need a deep threat that catches the ball and gets in the end zone.

Date: February 27, 2017 04:28AM

The Miami Herald has an article saying that Stills open market value may be as high as $12M per year. Holy crap that is higher than I expected. That is just too much for someone who probably will never make the probowl. I was thinking it was going to more in the 6-8 million range.

A lot of teams have slarary money this year I guess we are going to see more rediculous Olivier Vernon type contracts again.

Date: March 01, 2017 07:33PM

My two memories of Stills. Memory one was of a time we were behind and trying to catch up. Kenny was in the end zone to receive the kickoff. High kick that took forever to come down while the other team came into our red zone. I was sure Stills would take a knee. The conceited ahole ran the ball out and was tackled inside the ten.

Next, and worse of all, I remember him having caught a pass and it looked like he might go all the way. However, at the opponent's 20 he was grasped by a defender who wrapped his arms around Stills withStills back to the endzone 20 yards away. Fortunately, another Dolphin came in front of Stills and yelled for Stills to just shovel the ball to hom. Stills the selfish SOB refused to and the defender just wrestled Stills to the ground. A touchdown lost in the most selfish act I have seen in football, basketball, baseball or team swimming.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 02, 2017 07:24AM

Unfortunately I don't think we will be able to afford Stills, he makes our WR corp formidable. We need the money to to fill other spots and our other receivers will really have to step it up a notch this year.

He earned his money let him go and collect it.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: March 02, 2017 07:35AM

If we give stills 12mm/year landry will get 15. Not good business.

Still had 42 catches last year. his 9 tds are nice but can be replaced. He also averaged 47 yards/game. That isn't 12mm/year stats. Ted Ginn put up comparable #s but only 4 tds for 2mm/year.

Still performed in his contract year. Someone will vastly overpay him like a #1 and it better not be the phins.

Date: March 02, 2017 07:50AM

Stills, Landry (extension), Jones(extension) Alonzo(extension)

Resign Sims, Williams, Branch, Bushrod Thomas<-- I would like to see

FA signing a mlb, guard, slb

lotta holes limited cash

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 02, 2017 09:14AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> My two memories of Stills. Memory one was of a
> time we were behind and trying to catch up. Kenny
> was in the end zone to receive the kickoff. High
> kick that took forever to come down while the
> other team came into our red zone. I was sure
> Stills would take a knee. The conceited ahole ran
> the ball out and was tackled inside the ten.
>
> Next, and worse of all, I remember him having
> caught a pass and it looked like he might go all
> the way. However, at the opponent's 20 he was
> grasped by a defender who wrapped his arms around
> Stills withStills back to the endzone 20 yards
> away. Fortunately, another Dolphin came in front
> of Stills and yelled for Stills to just shovel the
> ball to hom. Stills the selfish SOB refused to
> and the defender just wrestled Stills to the
> ground. A touchdown lost in the most selfish act
> I have seen in football, basketball, baseball or
> team swimming.

My memory of Stills is him dropping a sure TD vs the Seahawks, which (maybe) could have led to a different outcome.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: March 02, 2017 11:04AM

Kenny Still is a joke, yes he got a few td's but he is inconsistent at best and has an ego that his performance cant match. I wish the fins would just cut his ass and make a trade for Brandin Cooks from the saint. 1.5 mill contract and is just as fast and a better hands receiver. Does anyone agree??

Date: March 02, 2017 11:13AM

Nope I don't agree I always saw a guy that did his job. He dropped passes but who else on the roster did not, it goes w/ the game. He is not my favorite Phin but I have no reason to want to crap on the guy.

Ego you mean like Terrell Owens? Never saw an ego from the guy.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: March 02, 2017 12:04PM

no I dont think anyone can be TO, but just a selfishness like it has to be him, maybe I just dont buy into his one good year nonsense at the end of his contract. I dont want to dump on the guy either, but to pay him 12 mill a year to keep him?? no thanks there are other receivers that are just as good, if he agrees to like 6 or 7 okay somewhat feasible, but no where near 12. And what is the deal with misi?? does he have pictures or something?? he has been a liability for years, cant figure out why they are keeping that cap space.

Date: March 02, 2017 03:23PM

Unfortunately this is today's nfl. Its hard to get attached to players they come and then go to chase the money. If someone is paying Stills 12 mil he has to take it. I really don't think he believes he is worth it but crap he is an idiot if he does not.

Date: March 03, 2017 07:38AM

Im getting nervous w/ the numbers Im reading in articles about what the phins should give Landry and Alonso in their extension. 12+ mil to Landry who I love but has not scored over 5 tds in a season. 8 mil to Alonso another favorite phin but Im thinking 6 at tops. We are going to go throw our cap real quick and still have holes to fill.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: March 03, 2017 08:46AM

Date: March 03, 2017 09:15AM

Stills too I thought he was good as gone but it appears that they want to pay him too. Sheesh!!

Date: March 03, 2017 05:49PM

I saw Adam Gase and Chris Grier combine press conferences. Gase called out Devonte Parker publicly again and use an example of him not showing up for a workout. I am sure this is strategic, but I wonder what confidence Miami's coaching staff has in him and perhaps even thinking long term past his rookie contract (i.e. does he pull it together for a breakout contract year and cashes in/checks out). It's a little concerning.

In the way Gase/Grier spoke, it doesn't seem that Still is completely out of the picture, I wonder if Devonte Parker immaturity is playing a factor in Still's contract negotiation, perhaps Miami is willing to go a little higher if they are counting just Stills/Landry and Parker may not be in their long term plans.

Date: March 03, 2017 08:01PM

I'd ten times quicker get rid of a guy who showed lack of team play in a real game (Stills) than someone who loafed or even was MIA in practice (Parker).

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 04, 2017 04:21PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> I'd ten times quicker get rid of a guy who showed
> lack of team play in a real game (Stills) than
> someone who loafed or even was MIA in practice
> (Parker).

That's a heckuva lesser-of-two evils.

I'd trade them both, generally speaking

(Edited to add the "generally speaking" qualifier. Specifically, I am torn about Stills. He has shown good and bad this year, with most of the bad earlier on.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2017 04:23PM by JC.

Date: March 04, 2017 05:02PM

If it were a question of skills alone, not only would I keep Stills but I would be his biggest supporter.

But I would take a guy in a wheelchair with heart over a Hercules that was a selfish Ahole.

Football is too much of a team sport. Any guy who is more interested in his own glory than winning a team game is worst than a non factor. He is a big negative.

That is Kenny Stills. Get rid of him.

Date: April 08, 2017 11:37AM

fiedlerhater Wrote:
> Kenny Still is a joke, yes he got a few td's but
> he is inconsistent at best and has an ego that his
> performance cant match. I wish the fins would just
> cut his ass and make a trade for Brandin Cooks
> from the saint. 1.5 mill contract and is just as
> fast and a better hands receiver. Does anyone
> agree??

I do.

You are 100% correct Chyren. I'm not happy about that resigning.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 14, 2017 09:56AM

And others should not confuse this with any dislike of bragging or braggadocius. Muhammad Ali was my favorite athlete second only to Bob Griese and whether he was Cassius Clay or Ali, he loved to brag. The Babe once pointed to a part of the stands where he would hit the next pitch and hit a home run there.

However, it is when you sacrifice teamwork in a game and on the field to advance your own statistics, then you are a POS and that is what Stills is.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.