HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Hating on the Patsies
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Hating on the Patsies
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 14, 2017 03:12PM

If we aren't in it, what is left but to root against the Pstsies???? Game thread.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hating on the Patsies
Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 14, 2017 03:47PM

I really wish Watt wasn't injured for this game. The Texans would have a better chance but would still be big underdogs.

Date: January 14, 2017 03:59PM

So far Texans making every dumb mistake they can and Patsies getting all the breaks.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 14, 2017 08:39PM

Missed the game, was running errands. I didn't think the Texans had a chance, the Patsies would have had to have a total meltdown to lose to them. And that includes Belichick having a a fatal heart attack during the game in addition to other carnage.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 15, 2017 02:03AM

Very uninspiring victory. If Oswieler didn't suck so bad the Texans would have won by 10.

So glad we didn't spend 6mm/year to keep Lamar. Good back but nothing special.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 15, 2017 03:13AM

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: January 15, 2017 05:02AM

The Patriots were beatable last night. they didn't run the ball well and had 3 turnovers. It is just that Osweiler sucks and needed to play a good game.

It was expected the Patriots would win. At least Brady took a little bit of beating so he won't be well rested for the AFC championship game.

Date: January 15, 2017 10:26AM

If I were a gambling man I would wager that the winner of the Steelers/Chiefs game will suffer a significant injury paving the way back to the Bowl for the Pats.

Date: January 15, 2017 08:09PM

Just their kinda luck. It's time to start suspecting a deal with Satan.

Posted by: Dolphin North ()
Date: January 18, 2017 10:08AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just their kinda luck. It's time to start
> suspecting a deal with Satan.

It's not luck when things go their way. Simple cheating. The deflated balls were the least of it. Spying is still happening and that is the big one. Teams put so much effort into disguising things and we all know that is for good reason. When you take that away it is a huge advantage. People often complain when I bring this up but I always suggest that a really great book to start with is Bryan O'Leary's book, which is not very long. I found it really entertaining to read.

Date: January 18, 2017 10:44AM

I'll look for it and read it. Good way to start the off season before the draft.

Date: January 21, 2017 01:57AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> I'll look for it and read it. Good way to start
> the off season before the draft.

I think you'll find it interesting. Let me know what you think if you read it. I believe the title is kind of "hokey", "Spygate: The Untold Story" or something close to that. But the book is excellent.

Date: January 21, 2017 01:59AM

Date: January 22, 2017 01:21PM

Before today's hating on the Patsies in the AFC Championship game.....a note about stupidity.

The Falcons are ahead of the Packers (37-15) by 22 points at the end of the third quarter after the Packers have scored to close the Falcon lead to 22.

Would you on-side kick with a whole quarter to go and a 22 point deficit???????

They did and, of course, did not recover the on side kick and as a result, the kick is unsuccessful and they made a difficult situation impossible.

Any defenders of that choice?

Date: January 23, 2017 12:36AM

I hope matt burke took note of the pats and steelers Ds last night. The pats DBs out physical'd the steelers WRs at the line and completely disrupted their patterns and timing. They weren't afraid of getting beat deep and knew they had safety help if so.

The steelers, on the other hand, played much like joseph did against pitt. They played 10-15 yards off the ball in a soft zone giving brady all the time in the world to find wide open Wrs. They didn't want to get beat deep yet were content giving up 3rd and longs at will.

this isn't rocket science and that's why the pats are continually in this position. they aren't afraid being aggressive and they keep it simple in their assignments.

So hopefully Burke took note of what style won last night.

Date: January 23, 2017 06:06AM

I watched the Falcons-Packers game and the Patriots-Steelers games. Both Falcons and Patriots dominated their opponent and the ensuing match-up between Atlanta and Patriots should be a good one. Both teams are very talented and they play with passion. Matt Ryan has finally risen to elite QB status and will probably be MVP this year.

Both teams have good defenses and powerful offenses. I understand that the Falcons are the highest scoring team in the NFL this year. The Patriots can't be far behind.

Burke hopefully saw these games too and if he's like any professional, no matter the line of work, focused on the defensive play of both teams. Since we have to play the Patriots twice each year, the majority of his focus should be to learn and understand what they do and why and apply that, if possible, when playing our opponents.

Just a thought...wouldn't it be great to beat the Patriots at their own game? I'm for that. thumbs up

Date: January 23, 2017 11:36AM

Date: January 23, 2017 01:36PM

hogan had a career game but let's face it, the pats system makes guys like him look good.

Date: January 23, 2017 02:07PM

Date: January 23, 2017 03:40PM

The Patriots have a "system" along with an A+ rated QB that is smart, intense and gifted. Gifted includes throwing and physical attributes.

I assert that players with real aptitude and smarts are found and trained (not coached) to perform. Training is intense coaching with repetitive requirements--as in being able to field strip a weapon in the dark and assembling it. Actions have to become rote through repetition. This is why, IMO, the Patriots seem to have a plug and play roster. Assessing the player's intelligence and aptitude to learn and be trained is critical to the plug and play roster.

What NE does year in and year out is locate players that "fit" into their plug and play. Losing a Gronkowski hurts them because he's a bear at the TE position. Adapting to his loss is only temporary because they have so many plug and play players on the team to pick up the slack, not necessarily at the TE position, but elsewhere.

They are the benchmark team. Trying to emulate what they do certainly will improve the chances of playing winning football.

Our mentality should be, yes the Patriots are great, but we can do what they do better.

Anyone ever notice the style of the American infantry helmet. We eliminated our WW2, Korean and Vietnam styled helmet and adopted one styled after the German Wehrmacht helmet of WW1 and WW2.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 23, 2017 03:47PM

colonel Wrote:

> Anyone ever notice the style of the American
> infantry helmet. We eliminated our WW2, Korean
> and Vietnam styled helmet and adopted one styled
> after the German Wehrmacht helmet of WW1 and WW2.

I noticed that the helmet style changed, but didn't know exactly when or how the change was inspired.

Another example in my mind (ironically also German-inspired) is our interstate highway system.

Eisenhower came back from the war theater in Germany and saw how they had these great highways (autobahn) and we had diddly sh!t in comparison. For example, only one road led from Miami up the east coast, Route 1. and it had stops all the way up (my dad used to say what a pain it was to drive to see relatives in the Northeast in those days).

The result was the inspiration for our interstate highway system.

Date: January 23, 2017 07:01PM

Sorry. Whenever my attention is drawn to Germany & WW2, I can only think of the Holocaust.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 25, 2017 11:30AM

The key to the Pats is the system. It's safe, quick and well intrenched.

This lets them do exactly the same things we did in the 70's when we were the dominant team.

Every player on the team is completely aware of what every other player on the team is doing and when they are doing it on every play. Due to the familiarity with the system everyone is on the same page and this greatly limits mistakes. They are disciplined, well coached, and execute their responsibilities to a fault. Beyond that Brady is smart, accurate and knows where to go with the ball on any play in any situation and has the confidence that his players will make the play for him. This enables them to capitalize when other teams make mistakes.

Teams are afraid more often than not, to blitz because of the speed with which plays develop and the throw is made. Their receivers only have to be quick and get open in a five to seven yard box, or approximately three to five steps. The ball will be there that quickly on 99% of plays so it turns into pitch and catch with nothing the defense can do to slow them down.

As long as we, and other teams, remain on the coaching and system merry go round we will NEVER catch them...So, let's go Adam Gase!

We have approximately 6 seasons to go before Shula's career record is broken at their current winning pace...let's hope the fall for them is precipitous and soon. I'd hate to have to say that BB is unquestionably the greatest coach ever.

Date: January 25, 2017 12:33PM

God forbid.

Date: February 05, 2017 02:44PM

So far, Patsies down 0 to 14 but refs are now stepping in to help them. 2 successive 1st downs on penalties. As of post it is 3rd down, let's see if it's three.

Date: February 05, 2017 02:45PM

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: February 05, 2017 02:48PM

It's the Patriots, cool, but too early to relax

Date: February 05, 2017 03:54PM

Getting more relaxed, pa.

Date: February 05, 2017 05:15PM

Some one has sold his soul to the Devil. Overtime???? Patsies tied it. And won the coin toss in overtime.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: February 05, 2017 05:20PM

UN FREAKING BELIEVABLE

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.