HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Wow .....I thought Miami had a bad new logo
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Wow .....I thought Miami had a bad new logo
Date: January 12, 2017 09:48AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wow .....I thought Miami had a bad new logo
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 12, 2017 10:19AM

I don't think it's settled yet that they will come to the LA area and if they do, they will be in Inglewood, a separate city though one adjoining LA and only about 70 blocks from the Coliseum.

Date: January 12, 2017 11:15AM

I just went on the internet and saw the news. They will be first moving to a stadium at Cal State Dominguez Hills and then await the move to Inglewood.

Actually, Dominguez Hills is not exactly LA either. But it might be an unincorporated suburb but Inglewood has its own mayor, city council, etc.

Date: January 12, 2017 11:36AM

LOL. Thanks for the history lesson Professor. But I dont think that makes the San Diego fans feel any better.

Personally I would have been for The Dolphins moving from Miami to Orlando. New Stadium, satellite parking, complete new industry surrounding the team.

I like the new improvements made to Joe Robbie /Hard Rock though. I really cant complain about Steve Ross in that regard.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 12, 2017 11:54AM

How the San Diego fans feel is a subject I did not address but it doesn't take much to know they feel just like the St.L fans.

Date: January 12, 2017 12:10PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How the San Diego fans feel is a subject I did not
> address but it doesn't take much to know they
> feel just like the St.L fans.

I dont know. Miami had a bad time there for a while when Steve Ross came on board. The Marlins really screwed the Dolphins chance for a public funded stadium. There was talk about the Phins possibly moving. My son is a HUGE Heat fan so I go to Miami every so often to see then play. (I'm not really a NBA fan but I'm a good dad) grinning smiley

I'm not a huge fan of the city. I think Miamis changed for the worse in many ways. If the Phins had moved anywhere else in the state I dont think I'd be heartbroken. Out of Florida......yeah that would really have sucked. I was really hoping Jacksonville would leave to LA. and The Dolphins would move to central Florida. But its all good. except for that horrid logo of course!drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: January 12, 2017 12:17PM

Spanos must really have his head up his ass.
He'll never(in his lifetime) build much of a fan base in LA.
He's burning the only fans he he's ever had, which doesn't extend much outside of SD County.
He should have taken that 650 mil relocation fee, and dumped it into Qualcom. I would think that much $$ would make it a viable stadium option for Super Bowls. No?!
For the next two years playing at The Stub Hub Center in Carson(LA County). Home of the LA Galaxy that holds 27,000?! It will be like a home game for every opponent.
What an idiot!

Date: January 12, 2017 01:02PM

Agree 100%, SoCal.

Date: January 12, 2017 09:50PM

I found this an interesting read:

GREED IN THE NFL:

This is a story of stupidity, plunder and sheer, naked disloyalty. This is the story of the Chargers' ill-fated move to Los Angeles.

---SNIP---

Please re-post the link, rather than pasting the entire article. This way the original site will get credit and clicks, and we won't be pasting someone else's material.

Thanks
JC

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2017 11:41AM by JC.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 14, 2017 01:08PM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 14, 2017 01:11PM

captkoi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> **********************************
> *******
>
> I believe that logo is just PR.
>
> NFL rules state that a team cannot change their
> uniforms/logos until five years have passed.
>
>

Five years from when though? I don't recall them changing their logo recently.

I hope for their sake that logo isn't real. It sure is crappy.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 14, 2017 01:14PM

IN other relocation news, I just read that Oakland Raiders want to move to Vegas.

Date: January 14, 2017 06:11PM

That was one of their alternatives to either moving to share the coliseum with the Rams or go to Inglewood and share the stadium with the Chargers. If the Raiders go to Vegas, Inglewood is out of luck.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 14, 2017 08:34PM

What really sucks is that I'm leaving this rock and moving to San Diego really soon, haven't booked my tickets yet but it looks like the end of February. That said, there's no way I'm driving to LA to watch the Chargers. Besides, they'll be the 2nd LA football team. Spanos is a tightwad who'll realize that his unwillingness to spend some of his own fortune for a new stadium in San Diego is a huge mistake. He's like Scrooge McDuck. And that is one butt ugly logo!

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: January 15, 2017 05:11AM

Agreed on the LA bolt logo, it just looks cheap and overly simple. At least it should be be easily reproduced for the new charger fan, so they can have their local vinyl shop should easily cut some new team logos.

The Dolphins new logo has grown on me. I still prefer the older logo's, but I actually like the Aqua hue that in currently on the Jersey. In the last year I have start to update my Dolphin attire to the current logo and colors.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 15, 2017 09:17AM

Was this Chargers logo from a pre-school or kindergarten assignment following nap time?

C'mon...Chargers fans need a logo they can warm up to, not despise. It already stinks that the team has to move after 55 years. Loyal fans need something they can wrap their arms around.

As for our new logo--I still prefer the old--have yet to buy anything with the new logo, and I'm sure not going to throw out all of the other shirts and hats with the old logo just to be contemporary.

Return to the days of yesteryear when the team was feared. Those colors didn't run, so to speak. That's my preference. I'll always celebrate the glory days. hot smiley

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 15, 2017 09:35AM

Again, the Chargers logo is just PR.

Dolphins logo is a no-go with me. The colors are also a no-go. As I mentioned in another post quite a while back, they look like the Panthers and University of North Carolina.

Granted, I am old school, but if Miami's new uni would have been maybe "somewhat different" than the old, I could have accepted it, but this one is a no-no!

Date: January 16, 2017 03:54PM

On the subject of logos, TC is right, that 1) it is reminiscent of the Dolphin new logo and 2) they both suck.

But it's just a different generation. Baby boomers like me and Gen X-ers like Treasure are used to more traditional realistic looking logos that use symbols in the same manner.

This new stuff is more like what was the abstract art of the 60's about which we always said, "I don't know what the hell it is and neither does the artist. He just hopes that no matter how many other people don't know what it is, that at least no one figures out that he himself has no idea what it is either."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.