HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I am absolutelye ashamed
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I am absolutelye ashamed
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: January 08, 2017 10:25AM

This team for gods sake is terrible. Worst thing they ever did was win. Worthless team that lost 17 spots in the draft for nothing. Tunsil the weed freak is aweful the whole damn line again sucks and please take vance joseph away. Did anyone not remember cincys last game?? Another repeat. Losers lose and always will. Sorry to vent but this whole organization should just not be in the nfl. When will everyone else stop supporting this shit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I am absolutelye ashamed
Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: January 08, 2017 10:30AM

fiedlerhater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This team for gods sake is terrible. Worst thing
> they ever did was win. Worthless team that lost 17
> spots in the draft for nothing. Tunsil the weed
> freak is aweful the whole damn line again sucks
> and please take vance joseph away. Did anyone not
> remember cincys last game?? Another repeat. Losers
> lose and always will. Sorry to vent but this whole
> organization should just not be in the nfl. When
> will everyone else stop supporting this shit.

Don't agree, First Year head Coach takes this team to the Playoffs, that's a start in the right direction in my opinion... Now If they can get a few key players each year and continue to improve then things will be looking up... If not then here we go again!!!

Date: January 08, 2017 10:33AM

Stop!! Every coach we had has been a first yr coach at some point. This team just sucks. How many yrs have u drafted an ol?? And there still the worst?? Howmany yrs since u picked a good lb or cb. Followed this team for over 40yrs and you simply cannot ever ever ever make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 08, 2017 10:36AM

Dramatic much?

I'm as disappointed as anyone here today...but we have 10 players out with injuries and we cannot overcome that loss. Moore has filled in admirably but he is not the player Tannehill is because of the things he can't do. We have gotten little help from the O-Line the last two weeks, can't run the ball, the defense has been porous to say the least, we can't tackle, we are making entirely too many mistakes, playing undisciplined football and to top it off we have no pass rush once again from our much heralded front four (A reoccurring theme all too often this season BTW)

With this team it's either feast or famine. We NEED a good off season to right the ship a bit. With our schedule next season it's imperative.

Date: January 08, 2017 10:40AM

fiedlerhater Wrote:
> Stop!! Every coach we had has been a first yr
> coach at some point. This team just sucks. How
> many yrs have u drafted an ol?? And there still
> the worst?? Howmany yrs since u picked a good lb
> or cb. Followed this team for over 40yrs and you
> simply cannot ever ever ever make chicken salad
> out of chicken shit.

I have followed this team since it came into existence, and that means what??? I didn't say you was wrong, I said In my opinion I didn't agree, maybe its time that you stop following this chicken salad.. How many years have I drafted an OL? that would be Zero.. How Many years since I picked up a good LB or CB that's also Zero, I have no control over personnel... And you can make chicken salad out of chicken shit, if you feed the chicken, chicken... LOL OK OK I'm having fun!!!

Date: January 08, 2017 10:40AM

fiedlerhater Wrote:
How many yrs since u picked a good lb
> or cb.

Umm, one...Xavien Howard,

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: January 08, 2017 10:48AM

I'm upset wiyh today but I think they are going in the risght direction. I look forward to next year.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 08, 2017 10:49AM

SouthFl, we drafted OL year after year after year just like recently we have obtained DL year after year after year. We obtain supposedly the league's best but when they arrive in Miami.....it's just like an old couple retiring from a lifetime of work and moving to Florida...somehow they act like it is time to relax and not do any work.

fn. again, our vaunted defensive line is sucking like a Tijuana whore today.

Date: January 08, 2017 10:59AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> SouthFl, we drafted OL year after year after year
> just like recently we have obtained DL year after
> year after year. We obtain supposedly the
> league's best but when they arrive in
> Miami.....it's just like an old couple retiring
> from a lifetime of work and moving to
> Florida...somehow they act like it is time to
> relax and not do any work.
>
> fn. again, our vaunted defensive line is sucking
> like a Tijuana whore today.

My Question is, whats that have to do with me saying, this year was a step in the right direction in my opinion??? Yes in the past they have made all the wrong moves,trust me I was very vocal about it at one time here, and back in the 70's they made all the right moves... But nothing to do with this years coach and team.. I actually see some signs that it could go in the right direction, if not then oh well, I will yell bad things from the stands... Haha

Date: January 08, 2017 11:11AM

Exactly Chyren!!! Nothing changes does it??

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 08, 2017 11:19AM

pafinfan Wrote:
> I'm upset wiyh today but I think they are going in
> the risght direction. I look forward to next
> year.

I agree with that.

I would have preferred a better showing in this game today (even if we still lost).

BUT between the injuries and the fact that our next playoff game would have been another cold-weather environment (in Patsie Land), I really don't think we'd have much of a chance to advance further. Two cold weather wins in a row? I don't think we had that in us. And this is coming from an fan who is laughably optimistic most of the time.

I definitely agree we are headed in the right direction. It was a good season overall.

Date: January 08, 2017 11:32AM

Agreed, we are headed in the right direction...I'm much more worried about our absolutely brutal schedule next season than I am with most of our personnel or our coaching.

Been a long time since I could say that.

Date: January 08, 2017 11:46AM

I aint worried about the coaching but I'm definitely worried about the Off. line we spent a fortune on and the D line we spent the sameon and they both suck.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 08, 2017 11:54AM

That's pretty shortsighted to judge the line on today's game.

The line I'd be worried about is the Dline. I'd rather Suh's 19mm/yr be spent on some LBs.

You're boy Moore was a TO machine today, Chryen.

Date: January 08, 2017 12:11PM

A few problems to ponder this offseason that rose again Sunday:

*Jakeem Grant has a serious fumbling problem. He fumbled a kickoff return in the first half (the Dolphins got it back). He’s mishandled three punts and another kickoff this year. That’s in limited action because he’s not being trusted due to fumbling issues.

*Ndamukong Suh has an offside problem. He was offside again, making it 29 for the year. That’s approaching two a game. That’s just too many.

*Matt Moore with turnovers. You can’t put those fumbles entirely on him considering the blitzes. But Moore fumbled nine times in his 13 starts in 2010. He threw an interception in Buffalo just before half to take away a field-goal attempt. Same thing this game. Throw in the third quarter interception, and he had turnovers on three successive possessions.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 08, 2017 12:19PM

A QB is taught to keep both hands on the ball when moving in the pocket. You don't hold it like a loaf of bread in 2* weather. Yes he was nailed on blitzes but he has to protect the ball better.

Date: January 08, 2017 01:27PM

Posted by: angryseasphins ()
Date: January 08, 2017 02:21PM

Would love to say I think we are heading in the right direction but we were a team that really didn't belong in the playoffs and played like such. I like gase and hope he is establishing something but hard to see it going out like that, especially when we could see it coming from a mile away. Just wanted a good game and they couldn't even give us that..Damn

Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: January 09, 2017 01:16AM

Sorry but this team is heading in the right direction. Way better than last year and the environment is completely different. If you're ashamed or whatever, I think you're overreacting.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 09, 2017 03:48AM

I really don't know how you can tell that we're headed in the right direction. We gave up 20 points and 270 yards in the first three drives against us.
If Gase deferred and gave them the ball first then I would suggest that he is totally clueless giving the ball to Big Ben and expecting our "D" to stop him.
So far the most positive thing that I've heard about Gase is that he isn't Philbin.
The team was totally unprepared, undisciplined and, overmatched.
We made it to the playoffs by virtue of a powderpuff schedule and fabulous running by Ajayi.
Yesterday's game showed we didn't belong there yet.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: January 09, 2017 05:39AM

I think it's hard to not consider the year at least moderately successful. Ten wins is so far beyond what I thought this team was capable of that it almost borders on miraculous. At 1 and 4, after the Tenn and Cleve games, I honestly didn't think this team was capable of winning any remaining games.

Now that said, the jets went 10 and 6 a year ago and came crashing to earth this year. The biggest problem I see is that we have some major holes in this roster and Mike Tannenbaum charged with filling them. The linebacking this year was absolutely awful. Beyond awful. Not even college level. Alonzo was barely average, but seemed better only because the remainder of the linebackers were so putrid. I have absolutely no faith in Tannenbaum's ability to solidify the position.I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Lots of other holes on both sides of the ball and once again, if they're appropriately addressed, we could be on our way. I'd be more confident if the man pulling the trigger on the draft and free agency wasn't the same guy who traded up for Mark Sanchez.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: January 09, 2017 05:58AM

Tannenbaum may have had things go south in NY but I think he has done ok over the past 2 years. 2016 - traded down and got Alonso, Maxwell and Tunsil in the 1st round of the draft, Xavien Howard in the 2nd. 2015 draft - James, Parker, Ajayi. All solid players

Date: January 09, 2017 09:14AM

SCPhinsFan Wrote:
> Tannenbaum may have had things go south in NY but
> I think he has done ok over the past 2 years. 2016
> - traded down and got Alonso, Maxwell and Tunsil
> in the 1st round of the draft, Xavien Howard in
> the 2nd. 2015 draft - James, Parker, Ajayi. All
> solid players

The Maxwell, Alonzo trade was saved by Tunsel's bong video. But for that, Tunsel would've been long gone by the time we drafted. I think Dennis Hickey was still around for the 2015 draft. I don't know who made the picks that year. My view is that the best predictor of how people will act is how they've acted in the past. Tannenbaum was literally run out of New York on a rail. There were much better people available for Ross to hire. Tannenbaum's main resume qualification is that he's Ross' buddy. Ross needs to run the team like a business. Friendships should be secondary.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 09, 2017 11:42AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> I aint worried about the coaching but I'm
> definitely worried about the Off. line we spent a
> fortune on and the D line we spent the sameon and
> they both suck.

Can't agree, Chryen.

Our OL played very well during that 6-game winning streak. Pouncey went out, and although we still had the other four starters, just wasn't the same.

We have a good DL. Watching the last couple of games, it is easy to see why they weren't getting a lot of pressure on the QB...LBer play was poor and our DBs had a hard time covering. Why? One "real" starting LB (Alonso)...the rest have been injured. DBs also shattered because of injury. Both starting safeties were out and our two starting corners have been in and out all season. What that means is the DL doesn't have time to get to the QB because the ball is gone in 2 seconds because our LBers and DBs can't cover.

Saying that, I can't agree that they suck. Get this team back to 100 percent health, add a few FAs and get at least three starters from the draft, and this team will look and play like a playoff team.

Gotta give Gase a lot of credit for doing what he did as a rookie HC and putting this team together and making them believe.

I look for good things from the Fins next year.

Date: January 09, 2017 11:45AM

angryseasphins Wrote:
> Would love to say I think we are heading in the
> right direction but we were a team that really
> didn't belong in the playoffs and played like
> such. I like gase and hope he is establishing
> something but hard to see it going out like that,
> especially when we could see it coming from a mile
> away. Just wanted a good game and they couldn't
> even give us that..Damn

Started out as a route, but once Miami settled down they started to make a game of it....then the turnovers hit. Bye, bye.

Date: January 09, 2017 11:51AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> I really don't know how you can tell that we're
> headed in the right direction. We gave up 20
> points and 270 yards in the first three drives
> against us.
> If Gase deferred and gave them the ball first then
> I would suggest that he is totally clueless giving
> the ball to Big Ben and expecting our "D" to stop
> him.
> So far the most positive thing that I've heard
> about Gase is that he isn't Philbin.
> The team was totally unprepared, undisciplined
> and, overmatched.
> We made it to the playoffs by virtue of a
> powderpuff schedule and fabulous running by Ajayi.
>
> Yesterday's game showed we didn't belong there
> yet.

Hooligan....THIS team didn't belong on the field yesterday. The healthy Miami Dolphins team did.

Yeah, yeah, all teams have injuries. I know that. But we have to look at this year's Dolphins a little differently.

Number one, they finally have a HC. Number two, they have some good players they can build around. Number three, get all the injured players back and Miami has a true playoff team.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Miami needs to get, in the off season, a few FAs that can start or are at least good enough to start and land three draft picks that can start.

Miami does that, and they will deserve to be in the playoffs.

Date: January 09, 2017 12:51PM

My complaint with the defensive line is that they are supposed to be not just a good but a GREAT, HISTORICALLY GREAT collection of pass rushers. Yet, I did not see half the pressure on Big Ben that I saw on Moore.

Ben could have, in the words of a Twilight Zone episode, left the field, went into the stands, brought a hot dog, ate it, and then returned to the pocket and then thrown the pass with those sucky high paid clowns not even penetrating the pocket.

Date: January 10, 2017 05:56AM

Fins72 Wrote:
> Tannenbaum was
> literally run out of New York on a rail.

Literally? Does anyone have video of this? Did they literally tar and feather him first?

I am no huge fan of the guy myself but he hasn't done as poorly as I'd feared....yet.

As for the season, I'm happy with it. For the general momentum thing but also another factor is this: Coming off a winning season will help in recruiting free agents, and help 'sell' Miami as an attractive place to play. During the reign of Cam Cameron and other pathetic seasons, not as many players would want to come play for Miami when we had perennial losing records? Now the outsiders can see that we at least made the playoffs, and a championship run is not out of reach.

Date: January 10, 2017 11:00AM

JC Wrote:
> Fins72 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Tannenbaum was
> > literally run out of New York on a rail.
>
>
> Literally? Does anyone have video of this? Did
> they literally tar and feather him first?
>
> I am no huge fan of the guy myself but he hasn't
> done as poorly as I'd feared....yet.

I don't know whether there were tars and feathers involved, but I remember the last home game involved a banner flying over the stadium requesting his prompt dismissal (in not so polite terminology). Fans hated him enough to pay good money for that. Listen, I hope he proves me wrong, but there's a reason that the only job he could get after the jet debacle was as an agent. But for his friendship with Ross, I highly doubt he'd have gotten a second chance. Nor should he have, given draft picks like Sanchez (and then doubling down by resigning him to a big dollar extension).

Date: January 10, 2017 04:46PM

Fins72 Wrote:
> JC Wrote:
> -----
> > Fins72 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Tannenbaum was
> > > literally run out of New York on a rail.
> >
> >
> > Literally? Does anyone have video of this? Did
> > they literally tar and feather him first?
> >
> > I am no huge fan of the guy myself but he
> hasn't
> > done as poorly as I'd feared....yet.
>
> I don't know whether there were tars and feathers
> involved, but I remember the last home game
> involved a banner flying over the stadium
> requesting his prompt dismissal (in not so polite
> terminology). Fans hated him enough to pay good
> money for that. Listen, I hope he proves me wrong,
> but there's a reason that the only job he could
> get after the jet debacle was as an agent. But for
> his friendship with Ross, I highly doubt he'd have
> gotten a second chance. Nor should he have, given
> draft picks like Sanchez (and then doubling down
> by resigning him to a big dollar extension).

Good Post.

And don't mind me, I was just taking the word "literally," literally.!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.