Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          With the 21st pick in the 2017 NFL Draft...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
With the 21st pick in the 2017 NFL Draft...
Posted by: OCphin ()
Date: December 26, 2016 06:24PM

That's about where we'll be picking next year.
We've got to take the best rated MLB on the board with that pick.

Am I wrong here?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: With the 21st pick in the 2017 NFL Draft...
Date: December 26, 2016 06:29PM

Yes. We might pick 24-26th. Maybe even 32nd.Anything can happen this year.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 26, 2016 06:57PM

I actually hope we pick 32nd because you know what that means grinning smiley

I am a true believer that anything can happen this year.

Date: December 26, 2016 11:21PM

Absolutely, we have a special day on 1/20/17....and the playoffs! 2017 is kicking ass and it's not even here yet!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: December 27, 2016 07:02AM

Linebackers, linebackers, linebackers. If I were in charge, I might use every pick in this draft on a LB! OK, just kidding, but that is such a huge hole on this team and has to be addressed.

Outside of that, I'd probably look for at least one pass-rushing DE, given Wake's age, and at least one Center, given Pouncey's injury history.

LB
DE
C

are musts. Everything else is optional to me. Including CB, which is something I never thought I'd be saying at this point in the season. But Lippett has come on, Xavien Howard is an up and coming guy, and Byron Maxell got his shit together the second half of the season, to the point that CB is - to me - not a glaring weakness now.

It would probably be good to draft at least one OT as well, given BA's injury history. Or, if you assume that Tunsil will move to Tackle sooner than later, draft a Guard to replace Tunsil.

Date: December 27, 2016 07:54AM

I agree LB and a Corner. I wish Jones was healthy this playoff run......but Kiki has stepped up.

We still need a consistent Center and some fresh blood on the Oline as depth.

LB
CB
C
RT/LT

we are looking good.We are at the point that our nucleus is built we need to build around it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 27, 2016 02:26PM

One of the problems I see coming up is Miami may not resign Stills.

If Miami doesn't, another WR will be a need, unless the brass thinks Caroo will be able to handle the position.

Date: December 28, 2016 06:41AM

The Pats seem to go through recievers pretty often. I think it's more about the system. I'm more concerned about losing Landry.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 28, 2016 06:43AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Pats seem to go through recievers pretty
> often. I think it's more about the system. I'm
> more concerned about losing Landry.

Yeah but the pats have a good qb.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 28, 2016 08:06AM

We need at least 2 lb's in the draft and maybe one in free agency. Upgrade wherever we can at the position and that includes Alonzo. People comparing Alonzo to Zach is a travesty. People are getting a hard on for him like they were for Misi. Hope we don't drop big money on him to have him back.

CB are ok maybe bring in an affordable free agent. Lippett and Maxwell's play improved as the season went on. They grew with the system. That's what you want to see.Howard played well as a rookie.
3 cb that are over 6' tall is good to have. McCain won some and lost some in the slot.

A safety and a wr too. The same for Stills as Alonzo if we sign him don't spend the big bucks.

Bringing in some linebackers and solidifying the oline should get to priority this offseason.

Date: December 28, 2016 10:49AM

We have alot of good players coming back from IR next season.

We are going to be contenders! We started out #32 on many Power rankings. We are a Top Ten team now with many starters out.
Thats GASE. thumbs updrinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: December 28, 2016 10:52AM

I read that since Kiko Alonso missed an entire year that Miami can tender him for $1.8M next year. Miami definitely needs 2 LB through the draft and/or free agency. Misi is likely to retire (and injury prone). Jenkins is a free agent and also injury prone.

Miami could use a young DE, but they may need depth depending on the free agency. Going into 2017, Miami has Wake, Fede, Mario Williams, and Dion Jordan under contract. Branch and Jones are free agents. Mario Williams is a very likely cut for salary & salary cap reasons. IMO Dion Jordan is a long shot to make the team.

Even though LB is probably biggest priority, DE and CB are highest paid defensive positions at this time, so it may make sense for Miami to pick up a DE or even CB if that is the BPA in the 1st round. It would easy & cheaper to add a LB in free agency.

Miami should have plenty of cap room to sign the free agent players on their team that they want to. The main free agents are Stills, Branch, Jenkins, and Sims. I assume Miami will let Jenkins go. They are currently $29M under the projected cap and plus $8M roll over from this year or about $37M and that is before they do something about Mario Williams and Misi which would open up another $10M.

Date: December 28, 2016 10:58AM

Pouncey , I'd like to know more about his condition. Hes great but has he ever started 16 games in a season?

Its a tough position , but its crucial to the running game and success.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: December 28, 2016 11:23AM

Pouncy is also signed for another 4 years. I think Miami would get minimal cap relief but cutting him. Unless he is truly injured and can not play, Miami probably won't move away from him for another year.

Date: December 28, 2016 01:03PM

Good point.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: finman34 ()
Date: December 28, 2016 01:18PM

This conversation feels like a dirty one. Can we at least wait until we get eliminated? lol. I thought the only teams talking draft right now are the one's who did not make the playoff's? Then again I guess it's probably habit for us Phins fans at this point. lol. We desperately need to draft linebacker help

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 28, 2016 05:32PM

Chill. It is just another way of asking who do u think we should draft next. It is not being negative.

Date: December 28, 2016 08:17PM

Finally we agree. smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 29, 2016 12:29PM

I don't see a problem in talking about the draft at this point.

We all know what Miami's needs will be, so it is just fun to throw out our ideas and see what others think.

BPA at LB and DE.

Date: December 29, 2016 02:26PM

Best defensive player available.Any position as long as hes a play-maker. Then go for needs.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.