HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I know I'm gonna get a lot of flak
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
I know I'm gonna get a lot of flak
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 18, 2016 05:29PM

Definitely from Treasure. But maybe also SamSam, if he goes back to "Moore is only a backup" days.

But I have been saying all along that Tanny is not a traditional pro set offense quarterback and is only good in an option offense.

Moore showed us how easy it is for us to dominate with a traditional offense and a traditional pro set quarterback running it.

I mean....it was a breeze.

So dammit, either put Tanny in a read option scheme or stick with playing a traditional quarterback if you are going to run a regular pro set offense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I know I'm gonna get a lot of flak
Date: December 18, 2016 05:35PM

Lol. That didn't take long.eye rolling smileydrinking smiley

We won 9-8 games......1 by Matt Moore, and now you want him to start becuase he destroyed a sad sad Jets team.Lol.

Ryan Tannehill is the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. No respect.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 18, 2016 06:36PM

How did I know it would be you before SamSam, Treasure??? For him winning is enough.....that is how. No, it is Matt who "gets no respect."

The games we won with Tanny were not by so much and this game may be a fluke but I don't think another win this year came close.

Date: December 18, 2016 08:05PM

Moore has spent the past years being Tanny's counselor. It looked funny having Tanny on the sidelines trying to council Moore.

Date: December 18, 2016 09:15PM

I'm behind Moore 100%. But make no mistake, we clinch the playoffs next week, it was Tannehills accomplishment.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: December 19, 2016 02:31AM

Tannehill has shown a lot of poise under pressure this year. The last quarter drives he's engineered alone should get him some breathing room from the fan base. Moore is not our starting qb.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 19, 2016 03:28AM

The Jets had what 2/3 olinemen missing, lousy qbing and a walrus at cb? We won a game that we should have won. Moore's problem has been his game does not ascend as the season goes on. Let's hope he raises his game the next 2 weeks and Im rooting for him.

but Tanne is our starter.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 19, 2016 04:38AM

I give matt moore all the respect in the world....This was my superbowl......beating the jets twice........

Yes Matt Moore is a backup but i want him to do as good as tannehill....

Tannehill is a starter for a reason....But the way Matt Moore played saturday against the jets makes me proud of him.

4 TD passes against the team that i hate the most in this world.

Thank You Matt smileys with beer

PS. I also give tannehill all the credit in the world for making a run
at the end there. He did very well.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 19, 2016 05:02AM

Five years ago when Moore finished out the season in relief of Henne he finished very strong. The last game was knocking the jets out of play-off consideration. Looked to me like he was ascending. He should have / would have started the following year if not for the stupidity and egos of Philbin and Sherman. If the overall strategy was to give Tannehill valuable experience in a wasted 12 TD, 13 INT. season then Philbin, Sherman and, Ireland rightly deserved to be $hitcanned for gross incompetence and ineptitude. Tannehill was far too raw to be starting from day one in the NFL. He would have benefited from sitting and learning for a year.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 19, 2016 06:08AM

All of us want the QB position to play well, right? If it's a rookie, a veteran back-up, or the starter, all should play well and hopefully lead the team to victory.

In our situation, we have our starter out for the season and his back-up, Matt Moore, is fresh and unhurt. He played very well against the hapless Jets. The Jets continue to suffer at QB because no one landing in that key position has played well for...a long, long time. Chad Pennington...comes to mind...and before him...Namath.

The downside to our back-up is his "soft" throws and one can surmise that he's not as tough or durable as Tannehill. We can only hope that Moore continues to stay upright, not bounced too many times, or sandwiched like Wake and Suh did to Petty (Ouch!), so he can play strong and have more success.

It's hard to know for sure, but I will speculate that had Moore replaced Henne and allowed Tannehill to sit on the bench, Moore would have be injured in no time. Think of the number of times Tannehill got nailed. Many of those sacks were due to his lack of pocket presence and unwillingness to move out of the pocket and throw the ball away. He brought on a lot of the bumps and bruises he received by his lack of ability. I honestly can't believe, our o-line could have protected Moore any better than what we saw happen with Tannehill.

We can be happy with Moore's freshness, current good physical condition and play. I hope he has another couple of terrific games this season because it would be wonderful to see double digits in the win column.

Matt Moore is our #1 QB right now. He needs our full support. As for Tannehill, he's earned the starting position and will return as the starter next season (unless we shanghai Aaron Rogers grinning smiley).

Date: December 19, 2016 11:08AM

I agree Colonel.....the thing I noticed about Moore is his passes have no zip. They are placed well but they have alot of hang time and our recievers had to go up and get them. Against a better team, and Buffalo's defense is not to be taken lightly, it could be an issue. GASE is going to make any QB better and Moore is not your average 2nd stringer.

But Tannehill is our starter 100%. I'm torn about him possibly starting in the playoffs .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2016 11:10AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 19, 2016 11:19AM

Problem with Moore is that he trusts his arm a bit too much...and he shouldn't. He does not have the arm strength to make all of the throws quickly. This is why he throws quite a few balls up for grabs by putting entirely too much air under the ball. This gives better defenders more of a chance to make a play on the ball.

This is in evidence in the Jets game and he's done it his entire career. He won't get away with that against better more aggressive secondaries.

He had a great game and I hope it continues until RT can come back. But he is not the QB of our future.

Date: December 19, 2016 11:45AM

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 19, 2016 11:56AM

The announcers remarked that Moore was getting the ball out quickly. I thought the second TD pass to Simms in the back of the endzone had very nice zip to it. Whatever, it worked. I hope Moore shines and ups his trade value.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: December 19, 2016 12:22PM

TCPF wrote: ...the thing I noticed about Moore is his passes have no zip. They are placed well but they have alot of hang time and our recievers had to go up and get them.

First of all moore has a good arm....He threw some fastballs against the jets as well.

And he throws a better deep ball than tannehill.

Also unlike tannehill he is not afraid to air it out..

Tannehill just sits there waiting to be sacked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2016 12:24PM by samsam3738.

Date: December 19, 2016 01:12PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Okay, this is what I saw. I saw a QB who knew
> when to throw BEFORE getting sacked. I saw
> receivers more confident. I saw an offensive line
> that held up long enough because they weren't
> protecting a deer in a headlight. Tanny is no
> good as a pro set QB and since yoiu refuse to see
> it, there is no hope for you.But instead of
> joining me and arguing for putting Tanny in a
> read option, you keep on arguing that there is
> nothing wrong with him. That's messed up dude.
> Now you want to say it is all because the Jets are
> no good. Are you sure you don't have that photo
> and that whip off towel?????? Does your wife
> know?

So you start a thread stating you know your gonna get some flack for this......we don't agree and give you reasons fo f it, and you are offended becuase we have a whole season of great play vs 1 game? Lol......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 19, 2016 01:15PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> TCPF wrote: ...the thing I noticed about Moore is
> his passes have no zip. They are placed well but
> they have alot of hang time and our recievers had
> to go up and get them.
>
>
> First of all moore has a good arm....He threw some
> fastballs against the jets as well.
>
> And he throws a better deep ball than tannehill.
>
> Also unlike tannehill he is not afraid to air it
> out..
>
> Tannehill just sits there waiting to be sacked.

1 game ? How come you couldn't be this supportive of Tannehill when he had great games? eye rolling smiley

However unlike you I back Moore. He did great for a second stringer.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2016 01:16PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: December 19, 2016 01:19PM

Well said, SamSam. There are none so blind as those who REFUSE to see.

Date: December 19, 2016 01:20PM

Who says i wasnt supportive of him.....When he played well i supported him and said it.

Date: December 19, 2016 01:24PM

TCPF QUote: He did great for a second stringer.

He did better than tannehill did the entire year.

BTW tannehill had already played against the jets once.....So dont say it was because of the lowly jets.

Date: December 19, 2016 01:31PM

Moore does what he has to do to succeed....When he needs to put some zip on it he does.....When he needs to the high deep pass he does it...when the receiver is close and ne needs to take some off the throw he does it too....

Thats one of the reasons henne never worked out also.....The receiver was 4 yards away and henne threw a fastball then the receiver droppedit.

Moore does what he needs to do to make it happen...

He trusts his tall receivers so he lobs it sometimes...Nothing bad about it......

Im was still waiting the whole year for tannehill totrust his receivers a bit more and not keep it until he got sacked...

Maybe tannehill didnt throw it as much because he knows his limitations?

Date: December 19, 2016 01:36PM

BTW tcpf i do support tannehill....He just has too many flaws for a starting qb...

Still hoping he can get better next year. and at least play as well as he did this year by midseason.

Date: December 19, 2016 02:09PM

I had forgotten that about Henne. The man would be an inch away and Henne acted like that sport where you throw that heavy ball at your opponent hoping to knock him down.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 19, 2016 02:36PM

Cardale Jones had a magical 3 game run for my Buckeyes 2 years ago. Last year he was given every chance as the starter and cost them a chance at repeating. He showed why he was the backup.

Matt Moore is a career backup for a reason. He had a good game. He did what a backup should do.

Good lord. I see Chryen is stilllll talking about the read option and sam changes his opinion of a player from a game to game basis.

Riveting!

Date: December 19, 2016 03:01PM

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: December 19, 2016 03:58PM

I personally miss Fiedler tongue sticking out smiley

Date: December 19, 2016 04:27PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> BTW tcpf i do support tannehill....He just has too
> many flaws for a starting qb...
>
>
> Still hoping he can get better next year. and at
> least play as well as he did this year by
> midseason.

Lol yeah flaws tend to show when you play much better teams like Pittsburgh. The Jets would make any team look good. Even Wake got a reception......lol.

1 game!? eye rolling smiley lol....Go Miami. And I hope Moore gets 400 yds next week.I just hope they are to Miami recievers and not Rex Ryan's corners.. ......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 19, 2016 05:48PM

OK, it is all because the Jets are so bad. A pee wee QB could have done the same thing as Moore.

I wonder what the stats were for Tanny's brief play????

Any stat geeks???

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: December 19, 2016 07:21PM

Chyren, I agree with you completely. I dont think anyone has been as hard on this team as I have for almost 40+ yrs. I ripped suh and a few other players earlier as they were not living up to expectations. I am eating my words and admit they are playing well. Tanny has not "won" many if any games on his ability alone, he is simply not being put into his wheelhouse, which is scrambling and throwing on the run. He is not a pocket passer and never will be and this offense with its current players is more designed for specific plays and timing which comes from the pocket passer, Moore. I dont think tanny is terrible, but the coach needs to decide what offense he is playing, a scrambling read offense for tanny, or a pro style offense for Moore, the QB cannot play both ways, the plays must be designed for the player, not the other way around.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 20, 2016 04:47AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> TCPF wrote: ...the thing I noticed about Moore is
> his passes have no zip. They are placed well but
> they have alot of hang time and our recievers had
> to go up and get them.
>
>
> First of all moore has a good arm....He threw some
> fastballs against the jets as well.

RE: Yes he did but not one of those was on a deep ball or deep out or post, or into the flats. On these types of throws he puts too much air under the ball. He did the same thing in Jax, and when he started for us before so that's just the way he throws...a lazy type of ball on those types of throws.
>
> And he throws a better deep ball than tannehill.

RE: You do know that RT is in the top ten for QB's at throwing and completing the deep ball the past two seasons? He happens to be one of the better and more successful QB's at it.
>
> Also unlike tannehill he is not afraid to air it
> out..

RE: Umm, no, see above.
>
> Tannehill just sits there waiting to be sacked.

RE: You are aware that RT's sacks were cut in half this season right? That's not all on the O-Line blocking better...RT has improved at getting the ball out.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.