HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Is it time to think first in line
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Is it time to think first in line
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 08, 2016 01:20PM

Poll
14 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
Will we end up hoping for

Like I said, my hometown hero, Oklahoma US Senator Fred R. Harris, when asked why our proud state accepted so much federal relief, "if you can't be first, then at least be first in line."

This poll is not to ask you should you root for us to lose out.

Of course not. But I'm asking your opinion on whether we will make the playoffs from where we stand now.

First means you think we will

First in line means you think we won't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is it time to think first in line
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 08, 2016 04:46PM

Looking at the current standings and the games we have left to play, it's difficult to see us reaching a playoff berth. If we were to win the rest of the games, I could see it happening, however, the likelihood of running another string of 4 wins is remote.

We might be able to beat Arizona; however, they are probably watching game film from the Ravens debacle and putting together a game plan just like the Ravens, that is, to take advantage of our poor covering LBs and confused secondary. There's a hole in the middle. Unless something along the line of a miracle occurs to remedy that weakness, you can bet Arizona will exploit it. Maybe we win, maybe not. The Bills and Jets are there too. If Arizona does what the Ravens did and they win, the Jets will try to do the same thing. Their problem is they have offensive and defensive problems worse than the Dolphins. So that game we should win. The Bills seem to do better than expected against us. We could lose that one. Then there's that NE team. Need I say more?

So, the odds are not in favor of the Dolphins making a playoff berth in 2016.

Date: December 08, 2016 08:06PM

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 09, 2016 03:32AM

In the NFL you're not going to win many games scoring only 6 points so, let's not point fingers solely at the defense.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 09, 2016 08:52AM

Whole team and staff got schooled in Bmore move on to Sunday and take it out on the Cards.

Date: December 09, 2016 10:15AM

Hooligan2--6 points...hard to forget.

The Defense was so figured out by the Ravens that by half-time we were down 24 points. To our team that score was like standing at the base of the Empire State Building and looking straight up. Wow that score is huge! What are we going to do?????

The offensive was overwhelmed mentally, in my opinion. That includes Tannehill. It was up to him at QB to rally the offense and to fight back and put some points on the board. But, you have to get first downs to do that. We couldn't do much. What further exacerbated the situation was a growing score to over come.

The Defense had no answer to the ball being thrown accurately by Flacco to receivers in the middle. Flacco had a heck of game.

Mizzou15--Agree--we were out coached and outplayed.

Date: December 09, 2016 10:57AM

Hooligan, my good friend. You are absolutely correct! No doubt about it. You are not going to win many, if any, games by scoring 6 points. You might win the rare 6-3 game.

But overcoming 38 points??????

I'd like to see the stat geeks go through the NFL scoring stats and see when was the last time someone WON with 6 points and when was the last time someone LOST after scoring 38 points.

Maybe I'll do it.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 09, 2016 01:41PM

Chren if we would had scored 28 points by the start of the 4th quarter........At least we had a chance..

Maybe the defense would had played harder...

I think the defense gave up...

Imagine if you were a defensive player and had no hopes of your offense scoring points...

Date: December 09, 2016 07:45PM

You are using a test that is unduly favorable to your position. We all knew that the Ravens had a good DEFENSE....but an offense that could put up that many points against our defense????????

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 10, 2016 11:03PM

The Ravens scored more points against us than any of their other opponents including the Browns. Ouch. The poll at the top shows how exposed this team was by the Ravens and the lack of confidence we fans have in this team moving forward.

Date: December 10, 2016 11:04PM

We made it harder on ourselves......we need other teams to lose. The Chiefs game hurt. But I believe. We will make it to a wildcard game.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 12, 2016 04:50PM

MNF is hard to take tonite. Ravens crushed us while Patsies are crushing them tonite.

Date: December 12, 2016 08:42PM

I feel the same way Chyren. Makes me sick how good those bastards are year after year.

For me the two most important games in our season is against the Pats. It's OUR Superbowl twice a year. And when we do manage to beat them, I relish every moment of it.

Date: December 14, 2016 06:43AM

The coaching at NE has to be something really special. Players seem smart and very football savvy. The "jumping over" the snapper that resulted in a blocked field goal was an amazing play pulled off with eye-opening execution.

NE seems smarter on the field and on the sidelines. The Ravens just looked like another team being throttled by NE. Even though Gronkowski was out, the NE offense was just too much for the Ravens Defense to bear. Brady showed his displeasure with Edelman yet the two got on the same page...as usual. It's hard not to be impressed when NE plays anybody. NE has to be a favorite to make the SB.

NE is our last game of the regular season. I do think we could beat them if all of our top players were playing well and NE was not having their best outing. However, with Tannehill out and other prominent players missing or playing well below capacity, NE should win the game.

I do believe Gase has been a breathe of fresh air and brings good coaching attributes to the Dolphins (finally). A few healthy upgrades during the coming off-season, followed by a good training camp and we could make the Eastern Conference more than a one team contender. Buffalo with Rex Ryan is lacking; and the Jets--well...they are a bottom feeder with the Rams and Browns, IMO.

Date: December 15, 2016 04:43AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The coaching at NE has to be something really
> special. Players seem smart and very football
> savvy. The "jumping over" the snapper that
> resulted in a blocked field goal was an amazing
> play pulled off with eye-opening execution.
>
> NE seems smarter on the field and on the
> sidelines. The Ravens just looked like another
> team being throttled by NE. Even though
> Gronkowski was out, the NE offense was just too
> much for the Ravens Defense to bear. Brady showed
> his displeasure with Edelman yet the two got on
> the same page...as usual. It's hard not to be
> impressed when NE plays anybody. NE has to be a
> favorite to make the SB.
>
> NE is our last game of the regular season. I do
> think we could beat them if all of our top players
> were playing well and NE was not having their best
> outing. However, with Tannehill out and other
> prominent players missing or playing well below
> capacity, NE should win the game.
>
> I do believe Gase has been a breathe of fresh air
> and brings good coaching attributes to the
> Dolphins (finally). A few healthy upgrades during
> the coming off-season, followed by a good training
> camp and we could make the Eastern Conference more
> than a one team contender. Buffalo with Rex Ryan
> is lacking; and the Jets--well...they are a bottom
> feeder with the Rams and Browns, IMO.

Agreed completely.

Date: December 17, 2016 09:07PM

Okay, here are the standings

AFC East
NE Pats 11 2 0
Miami 8 5 0
Buffalo 6 7 0
NY Jets 4 9 0

AFC North
Pittsburgh 8 5 0
Balt Ravens 7 6 0
Cincinnati 5 7 1
Cleveland 0 13 0

AFC South
Houston 7 6 0
Tennessee 7 6 0
Indianapolis 6 7 0
Jacksonville 2 11 0

AFC West
KC Chiefs 10 3 0
Oakland 10 3 0
Denver 8 5 0
San Diego 5 8 0

Right now, it would be the Patsies (1) and the Chiefs (2) with a bye

and the two other Division leaders, the Steelers (3) and Houston (4)who beat the Titans in their only game.

Oakland is now the Fifth Seed and as it stands would play Houston

Miami is now tied with Denver for the sixth spot and right now have a better conference record 6-4 to their 5-4.

Denver plays the Patsies, Chiefs and the Raiders. We don't care if the Raiders and Chiefs beat the Broncos but the Patsies?

That's a dilemma. Another consideration is that we play the Patsies on the last game of the season. Are we likely to beat them?

Date: December 17, 2016 10:01PM

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 18, 2016 03:17AM

So far the only team we beat that has a winning record is Pittsburg. We've had a lucky streak of teams that are playing poorly this season. I'll take it.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: December 18, 2016 03:53AM

as much as it pains me, we should root for New England to beat Denver, it can the tie breaker for common opponents. If Miami is able to beat New England in the last game. It is the only scenario that Miami can end up tie record with Denver and make the playoffs.

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: December 19, 2016 04:04AM

I felt dirty last night rooting for New England to win. I needed to take a shower after the game. I still secretly wanted to Denver to win.

Date: December 19, 2016 09:53AM

No way....rooted for Denver all the way.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 19, 2016 11:48AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> No way....rooted for Denver all the way.

If Denver had won that would have pushed Miami out of the 6th seed.

Date: December 19, 2016 01:20PM

I know. I couldn't help it.

Date: December 19, 2016 01:25PM

I hear you chren....Its very hard to root for the pats.

Date: December 19, 2016 02:56PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> I hear you chren....Its very hard to root for the
> pats.

I hate em. When I first started rooting for the Dolphins in the fall of 1967, the toughest team in the AFL were the Jets with Joe Willy.

The NFL had the Baltimore Colts.

But we became the power when our Division was created after the merger with the NFL and we were in the Division with the Colts, Jets, Pats, and the real tough guys, the Buffalo Bills and OJ Simpson.

But we had the perfect season. So my history of tough teams in our division was always Colts, Bills, and Jets.

The Pats were a laughing stock to me in the 1970s when I went to law school there and was there for one of the first games at Foxsboro Stadium when we creamed the Patsies.

But throughout the years until Brady, they were always the joke.

That's my problem.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.