HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2017 Personnel
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
2017 Personnel
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 05, 2016 12:52PM

Two areas are of concern that must be addressed next year, either thru FA or the draft (or possibly even a trade): CB and LB. Along with those two positions, a couple of OL (including center) are needed.

Some of you are going to say QB for the number one pick in the draft (for Miami). Unless a Dan Marino or even an Andrew Luck is there for the picking....move on. Miami must shore up those positions I mentioned (above).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2017 Personnel
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 05, 2016 01:28PM

I would argue that OL take priority ahead of corner. Our corners play well when the front 7 pressures the qb. Against the Ravens the front 7 put no pressure on Flacco and 0 sacks. The TE killed us that's 2 areas of responsibility that is not on the corners.

Our lbs are below average. We need a stronger stud at the mlb. Alonzo needs to play outside. Jenkins has talent but its no good if you are injured. The kid from Alabama is who I would like to see us pick up in the draft.

On the OL Bushrod and Steen are f/a in 2017 and both should be resigned. Add Pouncey's and Albert's injury history we need to bring in 2/3 OL in 2017. Our running game and Tanne's protection are to valuable to lose the cohesion that we gained this year. Tunsil, Bushrod, James and hopefully Pouncey should be the foundation of our line. Steen is a valuable backup. Albert needs to have his salary renegotiated.

Date: December 05, 2016 03:00PM

captkoi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Two areas are of concern that must be addressed
> next year, either thru FA or the draft (or
> possibly even a trade): CB and LB. Along with
> those two positions, a couple of OL (including
> center) are needed.
>
>

Perfect. I agree wholeheartedly. Throw in Fullback or blocking tight end as well in the later rounds.......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 07, 2016 11:32AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would argue that OL take priority ahead of
> corner. Our corners play well when the front 7
> pressures the qb. Against the Ravens the front 7
> put no pressure on Flacco and 0 sacks. The TE
> killed us that's 2 areas of responsibility that is
> not on the corners.
>
> Our lbs are below average. We need a stronger stud
> at the mlb. Alonzo needs to play outside. Jenkins
> has talent but its no good if you are injured. The
> kid from Alabama is who I would like to see us
> pick up in the draft.
>
> On the OL Bushrod and Steen are f/a in 2017 and
> both should be resigned. Add Pouncey's and
> Albert's injury history we need to bring in 2/3 OL
> in 2017. Our running game and Tanne's protection
> are to valuable to lose the cohesion that we
> gained this year. Tunsil, Bushrod, James and
> hopefully Pouncey should be the foundation of our
> line. Steen is a valuable backup. Albert needs to
> have his salary renegotiated.

Mizzou, our DBs play well, that's about it.

Your comment about our DL not putting pressure on the QB, is not necessarily true (vs the Ravens). Flacco got the ball out quickly, which didn't give our guys time to get to him. The DBs have to cover tighter, and going back to the Ravens game, our LBers have to figure out how to cover the middle of the short field and our safeties the long end.But then again, most of our starting LBers are on the MASH list.

Pouncey and Albert can't be counted on. That's why I mentioned in my other post that OL needs to be addressed, either via the draft or FA.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: December 08, 2016 03:29AM

I'm thinking LB should be top priority.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 08, 2016 05:00AM

You are correct cap Flacco was getting the ball out early, but to who, the TE. Pita(9 rec) was doing the most damage, Ravens rb had 8 receptions. The responsible coverage on TEs RBs is between the DE, lbs and safeties. The front 7 allowed Flacco to get in a rhythm and did nothing to break it.

When the qb is getting the ball out quickly like that you might want to drop a DL in the zone or some other adjustment. Joseph got clocked this game it was as if his staff did not watch any film on the Ravens. Listening to Marty Morhniwig (Ravens OC) on Monday I understood why, the Raven released an entirely different game plan for the phins than any previous scheme they ran this year.

You are right our dbs play well(average) but when the front 7 takes care of their assignments we can win games w/ our corners. Their level of play is raised.

OL - Bushrod and Steen are playing on 1 year contracts and Pouncey and Albert are damaged goods. That's 4 questions that need answering.

LBS -Jenkins is another that's too injury prone. Misi should be gone. Alonso is not a stud mlb and should be moved outside. Can Butler play? I would like that question to be answered in the next 4 games. I like Hewitt but not sure I want him as a starter. Hull and Paysinger should not be starting.

IMO we have to focus on OL and LBs before corner in the off season.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 11, 2016 01:49AM

Thank God we gave up a 3rd and 4th to get a WR that rarely sees the field.

If we recoup those via comp picks my preferred order would be...

LB
OL
QB/DL/LB
DL/LB/QB
LB
CB

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 12, 2016 04:58AM

LB
OL
CB
TE (Gotta be a speedy, athletic, sure handed, big play type guy if we take one, no more blocking type guys)

In this order...

We'll also know in the next three games if QB (a backup) needs to be in there as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.