Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 05, 2016 12:48PM

The way the AFC East is playing, Miami pretty much now has no shot at the playoffs.

So, our Fins have now ruined our hopes for a playoff spot and also screwed their chance for a good draft choice. Miami will be drafting either in the middle of the pack or worse.

Hopefully, the FO gets lucky and gets an All Pro in his first year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2017
Date: December 05, 2016 03:02PM

They did that during the first 5 games, not in this loss to the Ravens.

Definitely need to draft defensively this draft.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 05, 2016 04:13PM

We are right in the thick of the playoff chase. It was one very bad game.

If we were anything like last years team we'd be 3-8 right now but you know what, we've learned how to win games we always lost in the past.

I think this was as much of a wake up call for the staff as it was the players.

Date: December 05, 2016 09:37PM

6 games straight. They earned a pass. Now we will see what they are made of. Or Not.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 06, 2016 02:23AM

Two (2) wins away from a winning season. That in itself shows improvement of some kind or luck that we played better than some really hapless teams. When was the last time we managed 9 wins? Hmmm? I was a much younger guy when that happened.

It sure seems that the focus for next season must be toward building a terrific defensive unit with backups who are very capable players.

At this point (7-5), we have a better record than what we thought would be a dismal year with a new rookie coach at the helm. We have to remember that assessment. Watching the Jets last night on MNF--they are a mess. We are better off than they are by far (that's a good thing) despite our pathetic showing and whipping by the Ravens last Sunday.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 06, 2016 04:46AM

IM satisfied w/ the 2016 Phins. They have fight. A six game win streak, I enjoyed that ride. Teams that we should have beat, yeah but in the past we would have lost half of those games. Good qb play, an improved running game, hope for the future? When was the last time the Phins offered us that?

We still have some important holes to fill in 2017 but I think this team is on the rise!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 06, 2016 08:35AM

I told you we will win enough games just to miss playoffs....Pick around 20ish in every round....

And miss a chance of getting a top notch qb in the draft.

Too bad.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 06, 2016 09:21AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I told you we will win enough games just to miss
> playoffs....Pick around 20ish in every round....
>
> And miss a chance of getting a top notch qb in the
> draft.
>
> Too bad.

Yeah...too bad you (and a lot of others) can't focus on the good.

And too bad you're more concerned with next year's draft than this year's actual games.

Not picking on you Sam, because a lot of people feel the same way you do. I just don't agree, and frankly don't understand that point of view.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 06, 2016 01:45PM

Point is this is 5th wasted season without going to playoffs.

We have an ex wr playing qb....

We missed out on the tennessee and tampa bay qbs because we win enough games just to miss playoffs and miss out on the top qbs.

Focused on the good.......We have a a soon to be superstar rb and a couple of receivers that other teams wish they had.

Bad to the bad.....But tannehill is the starting qb.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 06, 2016 03:13PM

JC, an old Oklahoma US Senator in the 1960's who my sister babysat for named Fred Harris came from a farming family in Southwestern Oklahoma who called themselves the "hay-baling Harrises" and he used to give this excuse for our dear home state accepting so much federal funding.

When responding to the criticism that Oklahoma received so much federal aid, he used to say, "if you can't be first, then be first in line."

Translation here, "If you can't get in the playoffs, you want the highest draft position you can get."

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 06, 2016 04:23PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
>.... "if
> you can't be first, then be first in line."
>
> Translation here, "If you can't get in the
> playoffs, you want the highest draft position you
> can get."

I understand that logic in general (even if I still don't agree with it). But I don't think the "If you can't get in the playoffs" applies to us at this point. Before our winning streak started I'd have thought that was the case but with four games to go we can still get a wildcard spot. Odds are probably less than 50-50 but to paraphrase Dumb and Dumber...I'm saying there's a chance!

Even if we tanked and went for draft position, I don't think that'd satisfy the draftniks. This is because people who are so preoccupied with the draft, also second guess the picks that are made anyway. They'd be PO'ed at the team all over again on draft day for making (in their mind) the wrong picks.

Date: December 06, 2016 05:03PM

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 06, 2016 05:57PM

Our odds of making the play-offs at this time are 28%.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: December 06, 2016 06:57PM

Here are the AFC standings. The playoffs involve the four division champs and the two next best records. Check out the AFC West.

American Football Conference - 2016 Regular Season
AFC East Team W L T
NE Patriots 10 2 0
Miami Dolphins 7 5 0
Buffalo Bills 6 6 0
New York Jets 3 9 0

AFC North Team
Balt Ravens 7 5 0
Pitt Steelers 7 5 0
Cincy Bengals 4 7 1
Cleve Browns 0 12 0

AFC South Team W L T
Houston Texans 6 6 0
Ind Colts 6 6 0
Tenn Titans 6 6 0
Jacks Jaguars 2 10 0

AFC West Team W L T
Oak Raiders 10 2 0
KC Chiefs 9 3 0
Denver Broncos 8 4 0
San Diego 5 7 0

The only team we played in the West is San Diego who we beat but they are not among the other three who we should be worried about.

Translation.....the only way it looks for us to make the playoffs is to somehow take the Division away from the Patsies.

Date: December 06, 2016 09:18PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> I told you we will win enough games just to miss
> playoffs....Pick around 20ish in every round....
>
> And miss a chance of getting a top notch qb in the
> draft.
>
> Too bad.

God your ignorant. Go back to the draft of Tannehill. A Top notch QB? Wheres have the Colts gone with Andrew Luck? How has RGIII panned out?
We got a GREAT QB in that draft. Healthy , extremely athletic , he just needed a better coach. Look at what GASE has done in just 1 season. Why you constantly have to be negative and blame Tannehill I think is more of a stubbornness and an inability for you to just admit you are wrong.

Except for the Cowboys Prescott I haven't even seen 1 QB since that I even like.

Look at all the 1st round QB's that have failed. Russell Wilson wasn't a 1st rounder. And we have a Top flight QB we just need to get some depth and hit the defense in the next draft.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.