HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Shula vs Belichik
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Shula vs Belichik
Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: November 21, 2016 04:06AM

I'm watching the Dolphins game yesterday at my local pub. (there were actually more Dolphins fans than anyone else so we actually got to hear the audio!!!)

Guy next to me is a Patriots fan and he starts talking about how Belichik is a better coach than Shula - he's won divisions titles Superbowls blah blah blah. I replied to him that Shula took Dolphins teams to the Superbowl with THREE different quarterbacks (Griese, Woodley, Marino) and that when the Patriots got to the Superbowl AFTER Brady retires, maybe just maybe we could discuss. He didn't say much after that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shula vs Belichik
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 21, 2016 04:28AM

B.B. is the best current coach for sure but the GOAT, please, not so fast. Shula's lifetime record speaks for itself and until that is eclipsed we really have no discussion. Shula also coached in 6 super bowls and has a better record (more total wins and fewer losses despite coaching in fewer games) as well as a better winning percentage than B.B. over the current amount of seasons he has coached.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 21, 2016 06:08AM

Shula. Next question?

Date: November 21, 2016 06:58AM

Didn't Shula also coach Johnny Unitas? Earl Morrall? Yeah back when Head coaches did it all......he was the best.

He kind of lost his way defensively in the 80's but he was the best coach ever.

Belichick without Brady remains to be seen. I think he deserves Props for being the best 1/2time coach I've seen. He will go into the lockeroom, diagnose a teams weakness and come out a different Team.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 21, 2016 07:12AM

Shula was loyal to a fault and it was his ultimate undoing. He should've fired Olivadotti but wouldn't do it because of their friendship. If he'd had a competent d coordinator, no telling how many titles Marino would've had.

Date: November 21, 2016 07:48AM

Olivadotti was a piece of work. Horrible.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 21, 2016 08:00AM

Actually, it's a testament to Shula's coaching that they stayed competitive despite having the most incompetent d coordinator in the NFL. Any other coach, & it would've been last place year after year.

Date: November 21, 2016 11:10AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually, it's a testament to Shula's coaching
> that they stayed competitive despite having the
> most incompetent d coordinator in the NFL. Any
> other coach, & it would've been last place year
> after year.

Poor Marino. He would score 47 points and the defense would give up 47......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.