HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v. Chargers: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Dolphins v. Chargers: Game Day Thread
Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 13, 2016 02:23PM

Like Zach Thomas re-born!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 13, 2016 02:24PM

I hope Gase sends a lot of tape to the league because this crew STUNK!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 13, 2016 03:01PM

we lose that game 10 out of 10 times the past 10 years. This is fun to watch.

We look like we finally turned that corner. Now go be LA and come home 6-4.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 13, 2016 03:31PM

Unfortunately both Denver and Kansas City won so, the wildcard target keeps moving.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 13, 2016 03:45PM

Date: November 13, 2016 03:47PM

Team played well....except for alot of penalties on the Oline and corners. Granted the refs were playing by San Diego rules.....but some were legit.

Tanny showed he's a Monster. I saw him take some brutal hits. He made great throws and long touchdowns. He even knocked out a defender. Good stuff.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Dolphacolyte ()
Date: November 13, 2016 04:12PM

That TD to Kenny looked Joe Montana style. Good indeed. Still is time for Ryan to work with caliber such as Jordy Nelson, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Rob Gronkowski, Greg Olsen, Jimmy Graham. If he was working with something like that around, be certain that these three recent victories would not be in the ranks of scary wins. They were alright.

Date: November 13, 2016 06:30PM

Tannehill_Finds_Parker_For_56_yards/059443a4-b4e3-4bdd-9961-f0342fa70b0a

Where's Sam Sam today? Just what he's been saying Tanny can't do.grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 14, 2016 01:20AM

I was "out of pocket" all afternoon and didn't get home to see the game (recorded) until 9pm. Skipping commercials, I saw a thrilling game. Wow. 4 wins in a row with 4 picks against the Chargers with one winning the game by none other than Kiko Alonzo. Wow.

Aside from the stupid penalties again, many in favor of the refs, and a couple of missed opportunities running back the ball from Grant (oh that one hurt) the team as a whole played very aggressively showing real grit when it was needed at the end of the game.

Tannehill played way above expectations (mine) and I am happy about the long passes for TDs. Keep it up, that's all I can say. It's far better to compliment him than to rag on what he didn't do. This was Tannehill's best game this season, and last season for that matter.

Another happy Sunday (Sunday night for me) and Monday morning. I like this pumped-up feeling a lot. hot smiley

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 14, 2016 05:24AM

We have to clean up the penalties. We had what, 11 penalties that gave the Chargers first downs? Can't have that and expect to win games...without our penalties this game is not even close.

Date: November 14, 2016 05:43AM

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We have to clean up the penalties. We had what, 11
> penalties that gave the Chargers first downs?
> Can't have that and expect to win games...without
> our penalties this game is not even close.

I agree. Some were complete B.S. (that pass interference on the uncatchable ball in the end zone comes to mind) but the amount of penalties is just crazy. GASE needs to get on that.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2016 11:23PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: November 14, 2016 05:58AM

playing man coverage that's going to happen. my problem with it is they didn't call it on SD. Parker was mugged in the endzone and no call.

Rivers got away with throwing it into the ass of his lineman and an obvious grounding call that they said Gates was in the vicinity.

I would like to see our WRs lobby for more calls.

Date: November 14, 2016 06:01AM

Posted by: CincinnatiFinFAn ()
Date: November 14, 2016 06:53AM

On the defensive penalties ... converting 7 first downs for them is obviously way too many. Lippet and Maxwell just aren't good enough, and don't have the confidence ... so they hold.

Howard should be back soon, and Culliver should see more snaps as the weeks go on, I think the CB play will improve as they get worked into the defense more and more.

How about Holding them to 70 yards rushing!? Weeks 1-5 we gave up an average of 150 ypg n the ground, weeks 5-9, 101 avg yards per game!

Date: November 14, 2016 07:27AM

CincinnatiFinFAn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On the defensive penalties ... converting 7 first
> downs for them is obviously way too many. Lippet
> and Maxwell just aren't good enough, and don't
> have the confidence ... so they hold.
>
> Howard should be back soon, and Culliver should
> see more snaps as the weeks go on, I think the CB
> play will improve as they get worked into the
> defense more and more.
>
> How about Holding them to 70 yards rushing!? Weeks
> 1-5 we gave up an average of 150 ypg n the ground,
> weeks 5-9, 101 avg yards per game!

Look, I'm not suggesting that our CBs didn't hold. I am saying, however, that the disproportionate number of calls that went againt Miami was ridiculous. I saw Cam getting held, I saw their dbs holding our receivers (perfect example on the 3rd down throw into the end zone to Parker. If you're going to be call penalties, be consistent and fair to both sides. That was an abomination of officiating.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 14, 2016 07:57AM

Lippett and Maxwell are good enough, I agree they lack confidence. They grab immediately sometimes they just have to touch the receiver. Not sure why the hell they do it. Even w/ that they do good things out there and give adequate cover when the line puts pressure. There is still coaching to do on the the D. These 2 with their grabbing, Alonzo gets sucked into the run and cut off too much and at times the DEs (not Wake) still give up the edge on the run (not as much as they were earlier this season). We are improving and looking good but the coaches are still developing these guys.

Date: November 14, 2016 08:12AM

As far as Lippett goes, in fairness this is his second year of playing corner. He's a project that was pushed into starting because of injuries. I think he could develop into a good starting corner. He needs coaching & seasoning.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 14, 2016 08:41AM

Lippett has good size and plays the run well 7 solo tackles Maxwell had 5 vs SD. Both had more tackles than our lbs ...bad thing when you cbs have more tackles than your lbs. My point is that out lbs are getting sucked in too much on the run. I think if our lbs tighten up their play it will help our corners. Also on a couple of plays the lbs did not drop into the proper places in the zone D. I think once we up the play of our front 7 we will see better overall play from our D backfield.

We still have work to do and it looks like this staff can do it.

Date: November 15, 2016 12:51AM

Our boundary corners had 3 ints sunday. Hard to complain about that.

Date: November 15, 2016 05:56AM

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.