HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          TE/Fullback player needed
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
TE/Fullback player needed
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 07, 2016 06:36AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TE/Fullback player needed
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 07, 2016 06:45AM

They were saying on the radio how they were going to concentrate on defense next year. But you never know if a star high caliber TE falls in our lap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2016 06:45AM by samsam3738.

Date: November 07, 2016 06:46AM

We also need Qb.

RB and Reciver is set. OL depth as well.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 07, 2016 07:40AM

TE I really like for Phins is Charlie Sprinkle from Arkansas, watch him when you have a chance. Right now he is rated low 3rd to 4th rnd. I think this year he has played into the 2nd.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 07, 2016 08:18AM

48 gray seems to be what you're talking about. he's been a big part of the running game these past 3 weeks.

Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: November 07, 2016 10:00AM

This is an odd topic to try to address after we just won a game with our undrafted 3rd year scrub TE making huge plays and scoring TD's because our top two TE's are out with injuries.

Isn't it? Seems to me that when you can still go this far down the depth chart and come up with this level of production, our focus for improving the team and spending draft picks should be elsewhere.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 07, 2016 10:12AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The running game seems to be on track with 3 solid
> performances from Ajayi and the first string
> o-line. Noticeably absent is Jordan
> Cameron...lost for the year. Four concussions
> should be clear evidence to him and the Dolphins
> that his playing days are over. He needs to take
> care of himself. One's health overrides fame and
> fortune.
>
> What we need, I believe, is to find a college
> player in the next draft who can play the TE
> position, catching passes, blocking as well as
> providing additional blocking from the fullback
> position. Charles Clay was supposed to be that
> "hybrid" TE/FB, as I recall, but he wasn't used
> very well in prior coaching schemes.
>
> In any event, we did see a bit of the TE position
> being used successfully against the Jets. I would
> personally like to see the Dolphins obtain a first
> rate TE...that would be a good upgrade for the
> team, and would provide an additional offensive
> tool around the end zone. tongue sticking out smiley

Well, Colonel, not sure what round you are thinking of drafting that TE, but probably not until the third round, or second round if a top notch TE is there where Miami picks. No trade ups for a TE, please.

IMO, first round is BPA, position doesn't matter, which is the way it should always be. Second I would go LB or OL. Our LBers have been in and out all year with injuries, plus they just aren't that good. I say OL because although our (present) starting five are solid, it has been noted that if one or more of them is not in the lineup, Miami loses. Besides that, we can't count on Albert to either be healthy for 16 games, or whether or not he will even be with Miami (retirement?).

Then the third round comes along, and maybe Miami goes for that TE. If not, I would have Miami go for another DB, and what Miami presently has is inconsistency and injury.

Some on this board I am sure will clamor for a QB. I would do that (first or second round) only if this guy could be the next coming of Marino. RT will do just fine with what Miami is doing on offense, right now. No longer need that superstar (although if another Marino fell into Miami's lap, I wouldn't mind).

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 07, 2016 10:28AM

If we are going to be a power running team we have to stock quality olinemen. Im hoping Albert takes a pay cut and stays. Im also hoping Dion Sims signs an offer w/ the team and comes back at #2 (same w/ Jenkins at LB. These guys are good players but have not earned the big salary contract yet. So Im hoping they re up with the phins.

my 4 picks for the phins right now in 2017
1 Feeney G IN
2 Charlton DE MI
3 Sprinkle TE AR
4 Beathard QB IA

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 07, 2016 12:32PM

Never gave it a thought as to what round in the draft TE talent can be found. A lot of time it's the guy from a college team with plenty of heart, a good head on his shoulders who unfortunately plays for a lousy coach and a poor team. Top TE talent can be found realistically in the 2nd to 5th round...it all depends.

As for Gray--I'm glad he was on the field. He played like he wanted to stay on the team. He came through for us catching that toss from Tannehill in the end zone, and making his presence known blocking too. He's not a throw-away at this point. If he continues to excel we have a bargain-find. thumbs up So far, so good.

Date: November 08, 2016 03:58AM

A huge difference between gaze and other coaches we had before is gaze brings in new players and call plays on offense for them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.