HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Not making excuses for Tannehill......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Not making excuses for Tannehill......
Date: October 10, 2016 06:29AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Not making excuses for Tannehill......
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 10, 2016 09:13AM

Ah wuz high. It don't count when youse high.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 10, 2016 10:34AM

I wish that Tannehill was the only problem this team had. Ultimately, after 5 years, Tannehill is what he is. Serviceable at times but will never be good enough to put the team on his back. He will never be great under pressure or in the fourth quarter. Those are facts that 5 years of performances support the validity of.

But that is just one of so many systemic problems with this franchise beginning with the owner who values friendship over competence. When he hired Tannenbaum, it told me that winning was secondary to doling out favors to his friends. That was a spit in the face of every loyal fan who puts hard earned money into Ross' pockets. This off season, even the most casual fan knew that we had huge holes at linebacker & in the secondary. Running back was a huge question mark when they let Lamar go. Who did Tannenbaum get in free agency. Mario Williams who had a horrendously bad year last year plus showed attitude problems. Arian Foster who is about as brittle as a china doll. Byron Maxwell who Philly was thrilled to get rid of. The one marginally decent move was Alonzo, but I'd hardly call him an exceptional player. It's just that in comparison to the other linebackers we have, he seems more productive.

Hiring Gase was a mistake because the dysfunction in this team required a seasoned guy who could bring in an exceptional staff with him which by the way, can we stop hiring ex-Bengal secondary coaches to be defensive coordinator? Gase has never been a head coach at any level and it shows. This team hasn't been ready to play one time this season. He was hired for one reason and one reason alone--to make Tannehill better. Mission not even close to accomplished.

It's a bitter pill to swallow but I know in my heart of hearts that this team will never be good enough as long as Ross owns it. What it would take is hiring a competent GM to take over all aspects of running the team. Someone like Eric DeCosta, if you would pay him handsomely and tell him that he would be in complete control might come to Miami. If not him, there are other young up and coming guys in the league who have learned the hard way--watching how great GMs do it. Ross will never do it though. He'll keep Tannenbaum around for the next few years until the single digit wins become too much to gloss over and then it'll be the next bad hire who'll kiss Ross' ass and continue the team's downward spiral.

Honestly, until Ross is gone, not one thing will change. Miami will continue to be every other team's bitch. 1-15 this year is looming. As pissed off as I am at this team, I'm thankful that Cleveland had to replace their regular kicker before our game. 1-15 will smart but I've experienced it before. 0-16 would've been awful and but for Cleveland, I think it would've a real possibility.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 10, 2016 12:32PM

Fins72, you probably adopted your name from that season, perfect record, as is your analysis above.

Date: October 10, 2016 12:35PM

i-cant-blame-tannehill-for-offensive-issues/

Gase knows it's not all Tanny started fault.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 10, 2016 12:37PM

I just read that some frustrated fans burned a Tannehill jersey in the stadium parking lot.

This is what happens when a team drafts a read option/spread QB and expects him to become a God playing under center. I'm sorry Mr. Ross, but his jersey will never be retired so keep looking & move on next year.

I think what's really frustrating for fans is hearing about how much RT & the rest of the team has improved during the off-season, and then seeing that nothing has changed when the new season is underway. Basically a bunch of smoke gets blown up our asses and then we end up watching a total debacle right before our eyes year after year.

Date: October 10, 2016 12:40PM

Date: October 10, 2016 01:33PM

Date: October 11, 2016 05:10AM

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: October 11, 2016 05:31AM

I agree with Fins72. Ross is the biggest bust/problem on this team.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 11, 2016 05:56AM

We are 31st in the league .....we need to be 32nd and pick number one overall...

GO CLEVELAND.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: October 11, 2016 06:11AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We are 31st in the league .....we need to be 32nd
> and pick number one overall...
>
>
> GO CLEVELAND.

Can you draft an owner?

Posted by: CincinnatiFinFAn ()
Date: October 11, 2016 06:46AM

The team needs to be built from the inside out. You all saw the same thing I did on Sunday. Most of Tanne's sacks ... he didn't have a chance. On 2 occasions, I saw the left tackle get b**ch slapped by the DE, and on a third, I saw our RB totally miss his blocking assignment. Granted, some of his sacks are because he holds the ball too long, but the majority are protection issues.

Look, we can dump Tannehill, draft a QB in the #1 slot .... but that guy will just get beat to hell too.

The team needs to be built in the trenches FIRST. QB may be the single most important position on the team, but the 9 guys on the line are the most important units on the field. Pass rush and O-Line blocking CHANGES EVERYTHING!

I don't care who you put in there, if we cant pass or run block, you can't score.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 11, 2016 06:50AM

Tannehill has 3 and 4 seconds at times.....Still cant make it happen.

If we can draft a qb that can scramble like russel wilson we will be ok.

Date: October 11, 2016 06:52AM

Tannehill is the most sacked QB in the league since he has been drafted ... in the same time span, Wilson is #2. Difference is defense and a running game.

Date: October 11, 2016 06:56AM

Tannehill is the most sacked QB in the league since he was drafted, in the same time frame, Wilson is #2. The difference is defense and a running game. When QB's scramble, it's usually because they have too, not because they want too.

Date: October 11, 2016 06:57AM

...... sorry, didn't mean to post the same thing twice.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 11, 2016 11:36AM

Where is Cam on that list?

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 11, 2016 01:03PM

Tanne is not close to being in Wilson's class. If Wilson were 6'3 he would have been the first qb taken in that class. Wilson having success running div 1 offenses (WI & NC St) was impressive. Tanne coming out of TX A&M still could not make some throws. Tanne is still erratic when he has blocking.

People are still making excuses ... the rebuilding has started finish the job. Tanne goes too ... at the end of the season.

Date: October 11, 2016 03:53PM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> Tanne is not close to being in Wilson's class. If
> Wilson were 6'3 he would have been the first qb
> taken in that class. Wilson having success running
> div 1 offenses (WI & NC St) was impressive. Tanne
> coming out of TX A&M still could not make some
> throws. Tanne is still erratic when he has
> blocking.
>
> People are still making excuses ... the rebuilding
> has started finish the job. Tanne goes too ... at
> the end of the season.

And who takes his spot? And even if we have the #1 pick and get a stud, HTF will he play without a competent Oline? No running game and a defense that will let everyone team outscore us.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 11, 2016 08:30PM

We do need to draft another QB. But we do not need to draft a guy to replace RT. We need to draft a guy that can and will push him. Moore should be gone...

Our draft wish list should look like this;

OT, OG, LB, CB in every single round of the draft.

We don't need to take a RB, WR, S, C or TE...in the 2017 draft. The only exception to this is if there is a consensus HOF caliber guy (Gronkowski etc) sitting there.

The O and D lines and the linebackers are the two biggest weaknesses we have followed by the CB's and they must be corrected before anything else will start to work.

Date: October 12, 2016 04:13AM

Turner, Thomas, Pead gone ... cut, Added 2 DB's and a tacke. I don't pretend to know what Gase has in mind long term, but he's clearly cutting dead weight and trying to get the best possible personnel on this Roster.

Look, I never said Tanne was the same caliber as Wilson, only that a run oriented QB always takes a lot of sacks ....ALWAYS!

Build O-line and D-line first, the rest will fall into place. Like Treasure said, cut Tanne and who will replace him? If you draft high next year, and you plan on starting him, he's just going to be another punching bag for opposing defenses.

Date: October 12, 2016 04:57AM

We gotta trade down in next year's draft early and perhaps often. We have to cut Tanne to prevent more money going down the toilet. Salvage jobs are ugly and that's what this is. Who replaces him? Someone will. We are not going to the Superbowl soon and definitely not w/ Tanne. Another ugly move is to trade Jones for a first round pick. All pro talent 0 leadership. We need high picks and Jones gets us one. This is a fire sale. Tear out the core players of this team who have not delivered a damn thing. As I said before Albert, gone, Misi, gone, Jenkins gone Cameron Tanne (sorry to you guys who purchased the Tanne blow up doll) GONE.

Trade down from our nbr 1 pick and try to come away w/ 5 picks in rnds 1&2.

Draft looks like

1 Allen DE AL
1 Elfein C OSU
2 Harris DE MO
2 Maye S FL
2 Kelly QB OLE MS

OL

LT Tunsil
LG Pouncey
C Elfein
RG Bushrod
RT James Steen Urbick maybe Fox backup

start rebuilding

bitching ... starts .... now drinking smiley

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 12, 2016 12:24PM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> We gotta trade down in next year's draft early and
> perhaps often. We have to cut Tanne to prevent
> more money going down the toilet. Salvage jobs are
> ugly and that's what this is. Who replaces him?
> Someone will. We are not going to the Superbowl
> soon and definitely not w/ Tanne. Another ugly
> move is to trade Jones for a first round pick. All
> pro talent 0 leadership. We need high picks and
> Jones gets us one. This is a fire sale. Tear out
> the core players of this team who have not
> delivered a damn thing. As I said before Albert,
> gone, Misi, gone, Jenkins gone Cameron Tanne
> (sorry to you guys who purchased the Tanne blow up
> doll) GONE.
>
> Trade down from our nbr 1 pick and try to come
> away w/ 5 picks in rnds 1&2.
>
> Draft looks like
>
> 1 Allen DE AL
> 1 Elfein C OSU
> 2 Harris DE MO
> 2 Maye S FL
> 2 Kelly QB OLE MS
>
> OL
>
> LT Tunsil
> LG Pouncey
> C Elfein
> RG Bushrod
> RT James Steen Urbick maybe Fox backup
>
> start rebuilding
>
> bitching ... starts .... now drinking smiley

Trade Jones? Hell, he is the only guy in our defensive backfield that knows what he is doing.

Date: October 12, 2016 01:20PM

Right 1 guy is not going to make much of a difference. If Jones were a leader like Ed Reed I would say keep him but right now i would take the 1st rounder for him.

Date: October 13, 2016 09:01AM

If you're going to rebuild, then go ahead and do it. Keep most of the O-Line in tact, look for a replacement for Albert (or Tunsil if he moves to LT). Rebuild D-Line, and start young everywhere else .....

Posted by: Dolphacolyte ()
Date: October 14, 2016 09:17AM

Saw this coming for quite some time. My concern with him is down the line, he's gonna get fed up with all that is going on. Since he started back in 2012 his assistance has been. Well guess what: CRAP. Total rubbish. We have seen this before with other players here that go somewhere else.Fear that if he is trade to another team with a solid OL and facsimiles such as Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith's, Randy Mosse's or Jerry Rice's be certain he's gonna humiliate this franchise like never seen before. Have no doubt about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2016 09:19AM by Dolphacolyte.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 15, 2016 08:20AM

I'd add Pouncey to the trade list. He's injury prone and not worth 9mm/year.

Date: October 23, 2016 07:09AM

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 23, 2016 07:51AM

That's an old article, 2013. And a new excuse.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.