HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Two Observations
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Two Observations
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 29, 2016 09:09PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Two Observations
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 29, 2016 09:25PM

I tuned in late. Took me a while to figure out which team was Cincy (meaning it too me longer to figure out which one was Miami).

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 29, 2016 09:34PM

Miami was the ones that made you bilious - in all sorts of ways.

Rick

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 30, 2016 01:43AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 30, 2016 04:20AM

Nobody said anything about the orange uniforms when we beat the jets on a monday night.

Henne was the QB then.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 30, 2016 04:48AM

Those uniforms weren't ALL orange. They had white pants. Last night was obscene.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 30, 2016 05:14AM

My only observation is that this team is headed nowhere really fast and the two culprits are Ross & Tannenbaum. Let's be clear, last night was an embarrassment to the franchise that is on par with what happened during the Cam Cameron year. It looked like a division 2 college team was playing an SEC team. How Ross could be so clueless as to think that a guy who's most known for creating a mess in NY and putting them in cap hell with deals like Mark Sanchez would be successful in Miami is beyond any sane person's comprehension. In the short time he's been here, his decision making prowess has resulted in letting Lamar Miller walk, who with Houston is currently on pace to top 1430 yards. Our current leading rusher is Jay Ajayi who's on pace to rush for 300 yards. He trades for Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonzo. He's lucky that Tunsil was dumb enough to video himself with a gas mask which allowed him to slip to Miami at 13. Absent that, we'd have moved down 5 picks for a corner with a huge contract that's so bad he got benched after 3 games and a middle linebacker who I'll be generous and describe as average. The trade should have been no more than Kiko Alonso for a conditional 7th rounder. The reality is that this boob has a job for one reason and one reason alone. Ross is dumb enough to hire his unqualified, incompetent ass. Why we might ask? It's simple. Because our brainless owner likes to hire his friends. I guess he likes getting his ass kissed. I never liked the Gase hire from the get go. He'd never been a head coach before and his main qualification was the job he did in Denver where truth be known, Manning was really running the show. Who really believes that Gase coached up Manning? Seriously? I honestly think I could've looked like an offensive genius if I stood on the sideline and took credit for Manning's play. How many of us truly believe that this team looked ready to play last night? That's on the coach and let's be honest, he was hired to get Tannehill to finally deliver the goods. After five long years of waiting, I'm ready to admit that those goods are never going to make it to their destination and it's time to put in a new order. If last night's embarrassing performance wasn't so disgusting on every imaginable level, it would've been funny.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 30, 2016 05:31AM

It isn't a far stretch to imagine all the newbie head coaches are being hired because they are compliant and won't question Tannenbaum...

Date: September 30, 2016 05:36AM

The only positive from Tannenbaum being in charge is that he'll get us the number one overall pick in the draft but if he's in charge when we make the selection, it'll be a wasted pick. I honestly think that but for Cleveland being inept and gifting us the game last week, we'd be looking seriously at a possible winless season.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 30, 2016 05:48AM

Hopefully cleveland wins a couple games here and there so we can get the number one overall.

I doubt we win any other games.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 30, 2016 05:53AM

Dawn Agraponte is on her way out the door so, maybe some form of housecleaning has begun.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: September 30, 2016 06:01AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hopefully cleveland wins a couple games here and
> there so we can get the number one overall.
>
>
> I doubt we win any other games.

The problem is that unless Tannenbaum is fired, he'll make the pick unless he trades it away for another gem like the quickly benched Byron Maxwell.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 30, 2016 06:35AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> Dawn Agraponte is on her way out the door so,
> maybe some form of housecleaning has begun.

Dawn got promoted to a higher position to basically run another of Ross's company.. She will still be advising the team.. Ross just needed her somewhere else...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 30, 2016 06:44AM

Fins72--What you stated I believe is how thousands of Dolphins fans feel about the situation. I am in that very unhappy fan base. We continue to root but suffer on just about every snap of the ball. As fans we see how the players play and react to adversity. Any passion exuded results in a stupid penalty. Leadership at the top is clearly wanting and it's that way on the field as well. We have a team of misfits, not that they are bad people, nothing like that, more like a misfit like "Gomer Pyle," well meaning but incapable of doing anything with skill or acumen.

There was a time when Sunday arrived and I personally had great enthusiasm about the Dolphins and how they would play their opponent. Today, after more than a decade of failure upon failure, those failures have sapped my enthusiasm. While I watch the Dolphins when they play, expecting anything positive is usually a surprise, like catching a big fish without any bait on your hook.

That happened last night when Stills out ran his coverage and Tannehill launched a ball that Stills actually caught for a TD. That one play made me sit up on the couch. However, within moments, that momentary burst of excitement faded away. I waited for the off sides, the stupid pushing penalty, the knock downs and repeated sacks of Tannehill, the normal missed blocks, and the consistent 3 and outs. Not much to cheer about or to be hopeful for.

While we all pine for a competitive team, what in the world can us poor fans do? We can't do a darn thing but complain. Those complaints fall on "deaf ears" so to speak.

As long as Ross owns the team the Dolphins football team will always be looking up from the basement. Very, very sad and pathetic.

Date: September 30, 2016 07:32AM

Colonel, those are very accurate observations of what it's like to be a Dolphins fan. Ultimately, I could never cheer for any other team. I grew up a Dolphins fan and nothing will change that. But, I too have lost a great deal of enthusiasm for Sunday afternoons because the product on the field is so laughably inadequate. Last night I turned the game off after Tannehill's INT. Why subject myself to anymore aggravation? Ross is the owner and he can do whatever he wants. That's his right. However, the way he runs this team is disrespectful to the many fans who've turned over their hard earned dollars attending games and buying their merchandise. Hiring friends instead of competent people to make personnel decisions is spitting in the faces of those fans. Ultimately, as Miami descends deeper and deeper into the abyss, Tannenbaum will get fired. Gase too. Tannehill will be backing up someone on another team. One might take solace in that eventuality if not for the fact that until there is a new owner who puts winning over treating the franchise as a method of rewarding his cronies, those incompetents will be replaced with a new set of incompetents. I guess this is what it's like to be a Browns fan. Not much fun. Thanks Mr. Ross, for creating the new Cleveland Browns southern version.

Posted by: tboneabbott ()
Date: September 30, 2016 07:55AM

Ok I was at the game so her is what I observed. 1. The defense plaid well and they would have sacked the qb many more times if the game was close. I blame the offense line and tannehill It was a very bad day for him.we should have run more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2016 08:10AM by tboneabbott.

Posted by: tboneabbott ()
Date: September 30, 2016 08:15AM

On a positive note. There was alot of Dolphin fans at the game. Misery loves company.

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: September 30, 2016 08:55AM

3 n outs usually kill bad teams. Also lack of scoring and allowing points is bad :-)

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 30, 2016 09:49AM

Cut Fede cut him now. I don't know why he made the team this year. Gase needs to start laying down some harsh realities. Stupid does not work here.

Date: September 30, 2016 10:32AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> Cut Fede cut him now. I don't know why he made the
> team this year. Gase needs to start laying down
> some harsh realities. Stupid does not work here.

Stupid came to work here the second Stephen Ross bought the team and then it doubled down on stupid when it hired Mike TannenBUM.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.