HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          A Win So Ugly,
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
A Win So Ugly,
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 26, 2016 06:41AM

It ought to only count as half a win. I have to shake my head in utter dismay when I think that at home, against one of the worst organizations in sports, who are down two QBs, are starting a third down rookie QB, don't have the services of their best cover corner, Miami "won" the game only because the Browns also didn't have the services of their regular kicker whose replacement, signed less than a week before the game, mind you, missed a 46 yard game winner after our dumb-ass QB fumbled the ball with almost no time left in regulation giving them a chance to win on a last second FG.

Now assuming Ross saw the same things I did, he either realizes that this is a profoundly flawed team with less talent this year than last or, and I leaning toward this, he is a clueless buffoon who but for being a billionaire, wouldn't be allowed anywhere near a professional football team.

I have now come to the conclusion that Gase is irrelevant. He is set up to fail regardless of whether he is Don Shula reincarnated or Cam Cameron's second coming. Mike Tannenbaum is the latest in a long line of incompetents who have been making the personnel decisions in Miami. Wannstedt started it all with his boneheaded draft decisions and free agency flubs. What can Trent Green do that Jay Fiedler can't? Jamar Fletcher. Eddie Moore. Passing on Bolden & Brees (twice). You can't make this stuff up. Then we get Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller who take a punt returner with the 9th pick of the 1st round. Keep in mind that players taken after Ginn included Patrick Willis, Marshawn Lynch, and Darrell Revis. Then we get Bill Parcells who sticks us with Jeff Ireland. Ireland's cluelessness was only surpassed by his toxic personality which was so bad, players would take less money not to play here. Now did ownership learn from this cavalcade of gaffes & idiot moves? Not at all. Ross doubles down on the buffoonery by hiring Mike "Sanchize" Tannenbaum. This is the same Mike Tannenbaum for whom jets fans were flying banners over their stadium pleading with ownership to have him fired. The same Mike Tannenbaum who gave up picks to move up in the first round to take Mark "Butt Fumble" Sanchez. Then, in a move that could only be the result of a level of idiocy that most people can't even imagine, re-signed the same Mark Sanchez to a big money extension.

And we wonder why this franchise has been a laughing stock for so long? I'm old enough to remember watching the Dolphins in the 70s as a kid. That team was run like a finely tuned clock from top to bottom. This team plays like a Timex watch which has been run over by a truck a dozen times.

And it won't change until the cause of the stench that infects this team is gone. By stench I of course mean our clueless, s**t for brains owner. But sadly that won't happen anytime soon. So, we fans will continue to pay the penance for I don't know what... maybe for going undefeated? Unceremoniously dumping Don Shula? Whatever it is, for this team to be this bad for so long, it must have been pretty damn heinous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Win So Ugly,
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 26, 2016 08:22AM

I havent been more disapointed in a phins win...

It happens when you have new coaches and new system every other year....

We have good players....>And i think its more about schemes and calling right plays than anything else.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 26, 2016 08:56AM

I agree, sam. Using 4 RBs yesterday was stupid. That's a young coach over thinking things.

Playing Maxwell 10 yrds off the ball every down when he excels at man press is stupid.

This staff preached coaching to talent but it sure looks like they're coaching to a system.

Jakeem Grant should be a weapon yet he can't see the field because he doesn't know the entire playbook. Coach to your talent. Design a few plays to get the ball to him in space.

Caroo cost us 2 draft picks next year but he's rarely sees the field.

It's frustrating because it looks as if nothing has changed.

We should have hired Coughlin.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 26, 2016 08:58AM

We have some good players, some really bad, but few great ones. Suh, Landry, and Reshad Jones are elite talents. Wake used to be but age & injuries have taken their toll. He's still good but not what he was. I was never in favor of Gase because I thought he was too green and hadn't ever been a head coach at any level. I didn't think he could assemble a top notch staff. I'd have rather had someone like Doug Marrone who did a solid job while at Buffalo and could've attracted some solid coordinators and position coaches. Bottom line, front office needs someone with a clue to be in charge. That ain't what we have presently.

Date: September 26, 2016 09:55AM

I dont know if wake is still good but yesterday he almost got the browns QB to ER.

Did you see those two hits?

Blindsided and nasty.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 26, 2016 11:20AM

I don't respect getting him to the E.R. I respect sacking him and causing a fumble or a yardage loss. I respect rattling him so that he throws incompletions or interceptions. I respect making the opposing quarterback into what we did not like about Tanny last year.

Date: September 26, 2016 12:51PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't respect getting him to the E.R. I respect
> sacking him and causing a fumble or a yardage
> loss. I respect rattling him so that he throws
> incompletions or interceptions. I respect making
> the opposing quarterback into what we did not like
> about Tanny last year.

When we playing brady i dont mind getting him out of the game. However possible. I dont like injuries to nobody but its part of the game.

Date: September 26, 2016 12:53PM

and i didnt say....i wish he got him to the ER......

I meant those were nasty hits that takes a toll on a qb.

Date: September 26, 2016 12:55PM

And with that said i wish both our dends would get to the qb like that regularly.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 26, 2016 01:46PM

Right!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.