HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          How we're doing on D after 2 games
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
How we're doing on D after 2 games
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 20, 2016 06:43AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How we're doing on D after 2 games
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 20, 2016 11:36AM

But our rookie head coach blames the offense for too many 3 and outs causing the defense to be gassed. I'd like him to explain how they couldn't stop a 2nd string QB when they were fresh on the field. This teams' defense is an absolute disgrace. They could barely even stop a 3rd string QB. Gase needs to get his head out of his ass.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 20, 2016 01:22PM

True.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 21, 2016 06:26AM

The defense was shredded early on thats for sure. Gase is just turning to what he knows, offense...and to his point it IS a problem whether some want to admit it or not. You aren't going to be a winning team in today's NFL averaging 17-18 pts per game. Which we did last year and are doing so far this year. The whole team is a mess...little talent, less coaching, even less luck and ZERO heart...again.drinking smiley

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 21, 2016 11:26AM

I wouldn't say less coaching.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 22, 2016 05:14AM

Other than Reshad Jones and Suh, who else is a bonafide upper level talent on defense. Cam Wake might be but he's coming off a serious injury which at his age is tough to come back from, besides being a part-time starter. Mario Williams? At his best, yes, but at this point in his career, who knows. Linebackers stink. Secondary with exception of Jones stinks. In my opinion, I don't blame anyone other than the "genius" who thought that they'd accumulated enough talent this off-season to be anything more than a mediocre defense.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 22, 2016 04:50PM

Not sure where all the attacks on the D is coming from. 3 TDs game average is absurd the truth is D gave up 1 td in game 1 and held Seattle to 12 points. O could not generate 13 points for a win. You want averages how about the O averaging 2.5 points per qtr for the first 6 quarters of this season?

D had faults in the first half at NE but when they gave the O the ball on a turnover the O gave the ball right back. When the D forced a 3 and out the O got 3 points. No help from the Offense in that first half.

D knocked out NE's qb.

Gase knows what he is talking about. The O has only played well in the 2nd half in NE while the D played well in both halves in SEA and the 2nd half in NE.

Both sides of the ball need to get it together but this thing is not entirely on the D.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 23, 2016 05:30AM

^ What he said...

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 23, 2016 06:02AM

I guess its all in how you look at it. From my vantage point, the defense got shredded by a second string QB. When he went out, a rookie 3rd string QB was able to generate enough offense to control the clock. What disturbs me the most is that everyone knew they were going to run the ball and our defense couldn't stop them. If your defense knows what the offense is going to do, but still can't stop them, it's hard to say that the defense had an acceptable outing.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 23, 2016 06:21AM

The way I see it Gase and staff got hosed by the best coach in the nfl. Same coach who hung 27 points on the Texans w/ a rookie qb and punked out the best DE in the nfl last night.

The Phin's staff got work to do I hope they learned a lesson from this experience.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.