HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Cleveland @ Miami
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Cleveland @ Miami
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 25, 2016 03:26PM

I wonder if we offer Philly a third round pick, would they take back Alonso & Maxwell and maybe take Misi as well? This defense is absolutely woeful. If I'd been calling plays for Cleveland, I'd have run the ball on every down. Now that the Cleveland game is over, and looking at the remaining schedule, I don't see one game where we should be favored. I've never been more disgusted after a win. Ross is clueless, Tannenbaum is an incompetent loser, and Gase is in way over his head.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 25, 2016 03:35PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Last play of the half......that IDIOT who caught
> that last pass and struggled and was tackled when
> there was a Dolphin behind him to whom could have
> lateraled the ball. Did you see that guy to whom
> he could have lateraled stomp his foot in anger?
>
>

I believe it was Stills who caught it (at least he caught it this time) and Landry who was in position for the lateral.

The hook & lateral play is supposedly still in our playbook, which means Stills should have thought to lateral it.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 25, 2016 04:13PM

Date: September 25, 2016 04:15PM

Well I was on the road all day, guess it was ugly to watch even though it was a win. I'm not surprised.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 25, 2016 06:07PM

Time to sign Aaron Murray or Kevin Hogan for a look and move on from Tannehill, Still no pocket presence and cant throw the deep ball

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 25, 2016 07:22PM

Well, JC, it was not so much that it was a hook and lateral play but the circumstance was that the tackler was behind the pass recipient and had a hold on him, the receiver could not possibly break free but there was not enough time for the officials to call "play blown dead because he is in the grasp".

The OTHER Dolphin was perfectly position for the struggling ball receiver to just friggin pitch him the ball and that other dolphin receiver had his hand out waiting for the pitch. In fact, he was probably yelling "gimme the ball".

But the selfish a-hole insisted on continuing to struggle to get free until he was ultimately tackled. Selfish and self centered a hole. Had he pitched the ball, that would have been a gain of a great deal of yardage, if not a touchdown.

Date: September 25, 2016 07:32PM

I just watched some game highlights. This defense looks horrible and Mr. RT needs to stop turning the ball over so much. Yes, that was an ugly win.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 26, 2016 04:04AM

I was at the game, we need linebackers badly.

Posted by: CincinnatiFinFAn ()
Date: September 26, 2016 05:54AM

I walked away with no optimism after this loss .... I mean win. we have to commit to the run, I have said it a million freaking times, Asking Tannehill to throw the ball so much is a recipe for disaster. And on defense, we have to be able to stop the run .... they better bring their A+++ game to Cincy, I already take a ton of S**t for being a Dolphins fan here, and the Cincy fans are classless A-Holes at the game.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 26, 2016 05:59AM

I dont think Alonzo has been bad... I think he has been a lot better then anything we have had at MLB since getting rid of Dansby... Maxwell had a tough game with Pryor for sure....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 26, 2016 06:28AM

Hard to get excited about that one...but still, its better than a loss.

Date: September 26, 2016 10:57AM

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was at the game, we need linebackers badly.

From watching game highlights I wholeheartedly agree with you. They look horrible especially against the run. This is going to be a bad season for the Miami Dolphins, I expect to see a win percentage well below .500 from this team.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 26, 2016 11:11AM

Problem is, Cincy, although we spent the last million years drafting a defensive line that can't sack a bowling ball, we spent the PRIOR million years drafting O line and they can't keep a cement statute from being torn down.

Date: September 26, 2016 11:25AM

And then we have to watch Belichick plug in backups who perform like superstars.

Posted by: CincinnatiFinFAn ()
Date: September 27, 2016 05:40AM

I think the talent is there, but the coaching staff is pushing a system, on both sides of the ball that isn't corresponding to the talent.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.