HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          BTW
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
BTW
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 19, 2016 04:09PM

Hats off to Tannehill. This year he has shown that he is all a QB can be.

He's no longer in Philbin's stilted, handcuffed and wrapped in a strait jacket system.

He has shown amazing accuracy on the long ball. He can sidestep rushers in an adequate time if given.

He is the great QB that truly justified his pick.

I was one of his most severe critics and now I'm holding his banner high on the bandwagon. No more "deer in the headlights." You can take that over for yourself if you want to SamSam.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BTW
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 19, 2016 05:11PM

Did you watch the first half?

Date: September 19, 2016 05:28PM

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: September 19, 2016 07:29PM

The only good thing about this team is Philbin's spread. Philbin was the man!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 20, 2016 04:04AM

We'll see.

Posted by: CincinnatiFinFAn ()
Date: September 20, 2016 06:43AM

Tannehill's success, as well as the teams success is going to weigh heavily on the ability to field a running game, as has been the case for the last few seasons. When defenses know we have to pass 35 (or more) times a game, it's gong to be hard to win, and hard for Tannehill to succeed individually.

So much rides on it; ball control, giving Tannehill time in the pocket, keeping defenses honest.

What Philben did (or didn't do) with Lamar Miller is inexcusable. 4.5 yards per carry in his career ... but less than 15 carries per game (or so) is crazy.

he's gone, we didn't do enough to keep him, but Gase and co. have to make it work, we have to run the ball effectively to really see what Tannehill can do.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 20, 2016 11:56AM

What we need is a huge back like Christian Okoye who can run people over since this O-line can't run block.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 21, 2016 06:40AM

Meh, Tanne looked good at times last year when 20 pts behind and playing against soft prevents. I disagree with the 'long ball accuracy' He's hit on a couple (like the perfect one Stills dropped in the first game). But he overthrew WIDE OPEN receivers several times in that game who were regularly getting behind the defense (go back and watch it). I want to see a game winning drive. A little field generalship when its needed. I'm still unimpressed. With our trio of wideouts and a OC as coach, there is NO EXCUSE for another <20ppg season if Tannehill has the goods.

Date: September 21, 2016 07:16AM

I agree, Tenne isn't a good deep ball guy ... may be getting better. I doesn't throw balls that allow receivers to run to the catch. He tries to throw balls to a moving target with not enough trajectory. When you do that, you have to be REALLY accurate. He needs to throw receivers open. Put the ball out in front of WR and let them run to the ball. He is accurate when he has time .... but to get time, you need a running game, and protection.

Date: September 21, 2016 11:25AM

Do you know what a Stills like drop does to a QB's head? No matter what anyone says, he internally blames himself. If Stills does not catch a ball on the tips of Stills hands, then the QB starts subconsciously throwing it shorter?

I've been on Tanny back for five years. I've seen him much better in the two games this year.

But even long ago, while defending Henne and others, I talked about the people who believe, "the quarterback is the only player." If we win, that was what was supposed to happen but if we lose, it's the Quarterback's fault.

Never thought I would have to defend Tanny from that belief when even I, his greatest critic, came around to praising him.

Date: September 21, 2016 04:35PM

I wish you could have seen his first practice and game with me Chyrene. I couldn't believe how fast he was. It blew my mind. Guy is an incredible athlete and we just needed someone who knew how to use him. That line is doing a great job in Pass protection as well. Kudos to all of them.

Now our defense..........eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 22, 2016 05:25AM

The defense didn't look real good last week, that is a concern. Our defense NEEDS to be able to get pressure without blitzing, that is how they are built. With a rookie corner, and Byron Maxwell (who has to prove himself), we can't afford to commit extra players to the pass rush.

The O line is pass blocking pretty well, they should, other than Pouncy, the rest of the O-Linemen are naturally tackles. All good athletes, and our guards will learn there now positions, and then hopefully they will learn to run block.

When Tanne has time and a running game, he is good.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: September 22, 2016 09:22AM

I have to agree. Its not tannehill fault.

They haven't fielded a good team around him yet!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 22, 2016 09:47AM

I give Tanne credit for being able to develop considering how he's had to do it through what, correct me if I'm wrong but 4 different offensive schemes now?

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 23, 2016 11:30AM

FWIW, RT was actually near the top of the NFL in deep ball completions last season...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.