HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ajayi
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ajayi
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 19, 2016 06:14AM

The word on Ajayi was that he could run between the tackles. Has anyone seen him break one tackle? Honestly, if Foster is out, I'd rather give the ball to Drake or Pead. Ajayi goes down at first contact, has no moves whatsoever, and is good for at least one fumble a game. I guess what I'm trying to say is that he stinks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ajayi
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 19, 2016 06:21AM

So much for wanting to be the starter.

He had a chance and blew it.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: September 19, 2016 11:06AM

Who was the GM that drafted him?
Who scouted this guy and campaigned for him?
Was it the same guy that passed on Lamar Miller and signed Arian Foster?
Was it the same guy who scouted and pushed for Johnathan Martin?
Whoever that guy is really needs to be replaced!!

Posted by: CincinnatiFinFAn ()
Date: September 20, 2016 07:07AM

Lamar Miller, 4.5 yards per carry in his career, and less that 15 carries per game .... HOW DO YOU LET HIM GO? And How was he not getting the ball 20 times per game under Philben The money from Houston wasn't much more than we were paying him.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 20, 2016 10:34AM

This might be heresy given the opinions above but Ajayi is a far tougher runner up the middle than Lamar. Lamar was just a scat back with a helluva lot of GREAT MOVES...... BUT IN SPACE. He made his rep on screens and passes out of the backfield. But he had no strength. Ajayi has strength but the problem is that our sucky oline has so far not given him chance against two pretty damn good defensive lines.....Seattle and New England.

Posted by: CincinnatiFinFAn ()
Date: September 20, 2016 10:46AM

I think Ajayi looked good last year, although he was only a change of pace back. Miller averaged 4.5 per carry, and averaged less than 15 carries per game ... he is that good, but he gone!

Ajayi doesn't have the ability to make plays when there are no holes, he's not that guy. He needs the O-Line to create space for him, then he will succeed.

Our O-line is composed of 1 pure run blocker (Pouncy) and 4 left tackles. They are all very talented offensive lineman, but we have 2 guys at guard that need to learn their new positions.

They will get better, and I expect they will get good by the end of the season. Our run game will open up, but it may be too late by then. Asking Tannehill to throw the ball 35 plus times a game is not a winning recipe.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 20, 2016 11:51AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.