HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Lack of Control By Ross as CEO
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Lack of Control By Ross as CEO
Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: September 12, 2016 06:09AM

After the disgraceful protest on 9-11 yesterday, I'll be saying goodbye to everyone. It's really tragic because I've been a Dolphins fan all my life. I know personally as a retired Navy veteran that I served this country so that people could actually have freedom of speech and the right to protest, however there is a time an place for everything and yesterday on 9-11 was not the place. If the game was being held in England are you telling me these players would have stood in respect for the English national anthem and not ours?

When you play for an NFL team in the National Football League you are an employee. You represent a brand and like employees in other companies if you bring disgrace on that brand you should expect to be terminated from your employment.

Steven Ross the CEO of this organization is encouraging these disgraceful actions and therefore he should be the one who suffers the monetary consequences.

Joe Robbie is upside down in his grave right now because this is horrible. Also some of you are going to say "well other players did it too", but not like the Dolphins. They did it to disgrace the organization in front of another team that stood arm in arm in unity for the date and the respect of all those poor people who lost their lives fifteen years ago.

Shameful and tragic that it's come to this. My Sundays will never be the same but in good conscience I can't look at them on TV again ever.

I just want to add, and I thought I'd never say this ever. I'm glad they lost the game. They deserved to lose yesterday. Had they have won it would have just added insult to injury.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2016 07:53AM by chrisnnavarre.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lack of Control By Ross as CEO
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 12, 2016 07:14AM

As I see it getting down on one knee is an act of reverence.
It's the position you assume when you ask a woman to marry you, hardly an insult. Kneeling is a pretty common position of respect in church or in movies when confronted by royalty. Or in the endzone when fielding a kickoff and opting not to run it out. Certainly not an insult.
Now, I have seen offense taken when the President didn't stand with his hand over his heart or at attention saluting the flag.
The Seattle players chose to stand with arms locked in a display of unity but, certainly not at attention or with their hands over their hearts.
I'm sure somebody somewhere was offended by that.
Before all this protesting became popular the most common scene on the sidelines was players shuffling their feet and chewing gum, some singing along but most just wanting to fast forward and play some ball.
Personally, I was not offended by these four players kneeling in prayer.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 12, 2016 07:39AM

I have to agree with chris here.

If you dont like the way things are in america then......

Go live somewhere else. Go to another country and see how good its going to be over there.

That was pathetic.

That was an example of that old saying...MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO!!!!

Date: September 12, 2016 07:41AM

Dosent belong in football. Colin Kaperdick backs cops being murdered. So does anyone who joined yesterday's protest during 9-11. Those 3000 people, many brave firemen and police officers didn't deserve it so these millionaire asSholes could feel like they are doing something noble.

F Kenny Stills and his mother. 4 phins knelt. I'll see you in 4 games.I'll re- access after the bye. I'm beyond disappointed in the leadership of the country, the leadership in the NFL. if things don't change ,if they continue I will not support this team or the NFL.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2016 08:40AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: September 12, 2016 07:49AM

I am still a fan......I would had paid to see the dolphins before.............If they were good enough....anyways.

But now even if they go to the superbowl i will never ever spend another dime on them and ross....

These players should be suspended indefinetely...

Maybe if they benched kenny stills....his replacement would had caught that bomb for a td.. He Stinks anyways..........

Date: September 12, 2016 07:53AM

And seattle players were standing up......

there is a difference between standing up and kneeling down.

Kneeling down shows disrespect to the national anthem.

Kapernick is a dirtbag and needs to GTFO of this country.

Date: September 12, 2016 08:01AM

It was an intentional act of disrespect towards the National Anthem which is played every game because it's called the "National Football League".

They have already stated that they will do it again next week at the Patriots game. If they do it, then I hope they lose again because they need to become the laughing stock that they are making themselves.

If you want to support what will become the most disrespected, disgraceful football team in America then go ahead.

It's a free country. I for one will be doing my own protest when I burn all my Dolphins shit and post it on the internet.

Again it's a free country.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 12, 2016 08:18AM

The Dolphins sticker and license plate frame will be coming off the rear bumper on my truck.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 12, 2016 08:30AM

Personally, I think many of the posters on this board and elsewhere are making waay to much of this, but we do have free speech in this country. Free speech. For everybody.

Rick

Date: September 12, 2016 08:35AM

If i ever buy dolphin gear again, it will be too soon.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 12, 2016 08:38AM

Well, I won't either..for now. But, that is just because I still hate the "pussyfish" logo.

Rick

Date: September 12, 2016 08:50AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, I won't either..for now. But, that is just
> because I still hate the "pussyfish" logo.

That just adds to it for me.The logo socks hard. Last word....Tannehill did me proud yesterday. He's the real deal.

This league of thugs, murderers, rapists, and wife beaters, you can't give them a platform to disparage society. It doesn't belong here.

4 dolphins, 4 games. Kenny Stills , Jenkins and Foster can go eat a bag of dicks.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 12, 2016 08:54AM

Doesnt that new dolphin logo looks like its about to grow a womans eyebrow? WTF.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 12, 2016 08:57AM

I just hope that Gase had the four players in his office this morning...there is simply no excuse for not standing during the national anthem. Lots of people died for the right these players enjoy to make millions and to play football...show some class and some respect!

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 12, 2016 10:09AM

What I swore to defend (as did everyone who has ever worn a uniform) was the constitution which guarantees the right to feel how ever you want and speak out about it. That said, Ken is right...absolutely NO CLASS OR RESPECT. ESPECIALLY ON 9/11. Just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you always should.

The sad part is I doubt any of them could clearly enunciate what it was they were 'protesting' for OR against. I heard Jenkins rambling on about '...equal rights and no disrespect to our police or soldiers, I love everybody...' and Foster talking about 'kneeling to honor the lord and savior on Sunday...'??? WTF?

Truth told, as with Kappernick, it was 99% about attention for themselves and reflects badly on the other 50 players, hundreds of Dolphin employees and all us fans of course. For that reason, yes, Ross and/or Gase should do...SOMETHING. THAT after all is their 'right' as an employer, it was a work situation where they were representing the organization.

I'm not giving up my team because 4 numb nuts decide to be numb nuts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2016 10:13AM by KB.

Date: September 12, 2016 10:18AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 12, 2016 11:08AM

808, what happened to Obama has happened to a great number of Black children and White children as well in this modern society. They were abandoned by their fathers at birth. Most children react with hatred toward the missing parent...............Believe it or not, that's actually a HEALTHY way to respond. You can't let it control the rest of your life but it is normal to resent someone who left you.

Obama for some strange reason, adopted the opposite approach. He loved (and wrote a book "Dreams of my Father"winking smiley about his father who impregnated his White mother and then promptly went back to African and never as much as wrote him a letter.

That African was also a Moslem iman (or preacher or priest). While not a traitor, Obama is way too reluctant to at least recognize that there are bad Moslems just like bad Christians and bad Buddhists. That's why he won't even say "Radical Islam".
Hell, there are "Radical Christians" and Radical Students and Radical everything.

However, an even greater Danger lies confronting us in this election.

Ignoring the evils in any group of humans (and there is evil in all of us) is bad but even worse is assuming that any group of humans (except criminal organizations) is all evil.

ISIS is the most evil thing God allowed on this Earth since the Nazis but that does not include all Moslems and the victims of their crimes are more Moslem than any other faith because that's essentially all they, ISIS, can get their hands on and evil people love to kill and cannot resist doing it.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: September 12, 2016 03:31PM

Bye treasurecoastphinphan! Now you can leave the team like you promised. How are you all grown men? These posts read like they've been written by children with black and white worldviews and no critical thinking skills. Samsam I completely agree with you, "if you don't like the way things are in America then live somewhere else." This is America and we have freedoms which include the right to protest. If you don't like the rights our soldiers are dying for go to North Korea. I wouldn't have knelt during the national anthem and I'm not sure I agree with doing so as a protest against perceived social injustice but if there's one thing I do know it's that men and women braver than i am have sacrificed their lives to preserve the rights and freedoms that protect these men in their demonstrations and all Americans whether those voices are justified or totally misguided.

Date: September 12, 2016 03:32PM

OMG. FOX News is showing the Dolphins players refusing to stand up. Way to go boneheads! Take your disrespectful self-attention getting message elsewhere.

Date: September 12, 2016 03:37PM

Yep, these clowns couldn't have picked a better day to embarrass themselves on the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 12, 2016 03:55PM

No one is going to stop watching the games.

Pro athletes aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. Once they start losing local endorsement deals they'll be saluting during the anthem.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 12, 2016 04:53PM

You want these protests to end?

Have a group of players sit during the anthem in protest of the 3000 abortions performed daily in the US.

The league will put an end to all these protests.

Date: September 12, 2016 05:14PM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dosent belong in football. Colin Kaperdick
> > backs cops being murdered. So does anyone who
> > joined yesterday's protest during 9-11. Those
> 3000
> > people, many brave firemen and police officers
> > didn't deserve it so these millionaire asSholes
> > could feel like they are doing something noble.
>
> >
> >
> > F Kenny Stills and his mother. 4 phins knelt.
> I'll
> > see you in 4 games.I'll re- access after the
> bye.
> > I'm beyond disappointed in the leadership of
> the
> > country, the leadership in the NFL. if things
> > don't change ,if they continue I will not
> support
> > this team or the NFL.
>
> I applaud your own personal protest of boycotting
> 4 games. And the leadership of this
> country...Hasn't done shit to make things any
> better. Our commander in chief doesn't even have
> the balls to say "Radical Islamic Terror". Yet he
> goes to Asia and proclaims to their leaders that
> Americans are "lazy".
>
> You know what? My retirement letter/certificate
> after 20 years of military service has Obama's
> signature on it, and it's still stashed in the UPS
> envelope that it came in a year ago. It should be
> in a frame on my wall, but this man has not
> motivated me in any way, shape, or form to proudly
> display it. We left Iraq too soon. Our leader
> wanted the American people to think that the birds
> were singing and chirping and that the mission was
> accomplished. Meanwhile our base was fired on
> almost daily and not once did the media even know
> about it. Nice little well kept secret to deceive
> the American people.

Thank You for your service brother. Major respect for 20 yrs. (Hammer fist to my chest) . thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: September 12, 2016 05:34PM

This is America and we have freedoms which include the right to protest. If you don't like the rights our soldiers are dying for go to North Korea.

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: September 12, 2016 05:36PM

I support the protest. Cops killing innocents is unacceptable. It's a shame everyone is not taking a stand. Kudos to these athletes fixing the country.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 12, 2016 05:49PM

Hoo,

Cops are human like everyone else. And even considering that "rough ride" Balt. Cops gave Freddie Gray, which was more of a prank than an intentional killing which is why it resulted in charges not of murder but voluntary manslaughter, there have been no instance of Cops intentionally killing innocent people. There may be unjustified shootings but you have to remember the decision to NOT shoot also carries with it, for the police officer, a risk to his own life. It's easy to sit back and Monday morning quarterback but people have the right to protest, like any other political issue from Trump to Hillary, just don't disrespect the Flag on the basis of regular politics and if you do, maybe you ought to see what such protests would get you in North Korea or Saudi Arabia ....that's what the Flag is about,.... not local police but the whole nation.

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: September 12, 2016 06:27PM

Everyone knows that. But no more excuses. Its time for permanent corrective measures nationwide. Figure it out, do it better, no more frivolous shootings just because!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 12, 2016 06:34PM

I grew up differently than these young men. These men are lost. They don't understand that their defiance will not change anything. They need to do more personally and work to encourage better relations between people in the black community and law enforcement. Respect is a 2-way street.

The USA is not a perfect nation. It is not made up of perfect people. It is however, a country with good values, a Constitution created to ensure the freedoms we enjoy today. All those freedoms have come at a high cost...through the sacrifices of millions of Americans--many of whom gave up their lives so our country and way of life could exist.

While I can understand to a large extent the disappointment these protesting players have toward America, I don't respect them for their insolence and disrespect for the people serving in the Armed Forces, past and present, as well as for authorities that attempt to keep us safe at home every day of the week.

When will these men stand for the raising of the flag again? What will make them respect it--what has to be done for them to have pride in America and for the people that make up this nation?

I don't think they have an "out." I think they are now, and forever caught up in something that will never be good for them, personally. They have no feasible "exit" strategy. Next week they can't simply change their tune and profess they were wrong. They have branded themselves as being anti-patriotic.

If you care about America, care about Americans and our freedoms, you honor the Americans who serve it now, and in the past.

Date: September 13, 2016 12:00AM

Good point Colonel . They definitely didn't think it through. The country will never be perfect . People are always going to claim to be victims . If they are waiting for everyone to have a giant hug and sing Goom ba Ya they will never stand.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 13, 2016 01:55AM

" I don't think they have an "out." I think they are now, and forever caught up in something that will never be good for them, personally. They have no feasible "exit" strategy. Next week they can't simply change their tune and profess they were wrong. They have branded themselves as being anti-patriotic."

Ross and the Miami Dolphins have an "out" however. Now these players have protested on the 15th anniversary of 9-11 no less. National News outlets across the country have picked up the story and plastered it everywhere shaming the organization and isolating long term loyal fans. Why continue to disrespect the anthem and the flag at further games and infuriate a large part of team supporters and the public?

The Dolphins organization who has publically encouraged everyone to stand for the National Anthem can avoid further controversy by simply making these players remain in the locker room and not take the field until the Anthem is over.

They also have the right to trade them. Soon as possible; like yesterday.

Don't forget Robert Kraft who's also good at grabbing headlines. He could just decide to not have the Patriots play them and forfeit the game if they disrespect the country. What's he got to lose? Brady is suspended, and he's not happy about that anyway.

I also heard today that veterans organizations' like VFW, American Legion and AMVETS are moving to not have the Dolphins games on TV in their lounges.

This is going to snow ball into an avalanche; and Ross better get in front of it. I'm pretty sure he's realized now that he miscalculated the backlash.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.