HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Lack of Control By Ross as CEO
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Lack of Control By Ross as CEO
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 13, 2016 02:26AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I grew up differently than these young men. These
> men are lost. They don't understand that their
> defiance will not change anything.

You seem to have forgotten labor unions. They were built on defiance.

What about Rosa Parks sitting in the front of the bus? What about the protests at the counters at the restaurants that didn't serve "negros"? That was defiance...and it lead to change.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jrt13 ()
Date: September 13, 2016 06:50AM

I dont know, I am so over this already. I bleed red white and blue long before aqua and orange. Are there unjustified shooting, of course there are, and they go against all races and religions, not just white killing black. One major sad point is the media doesent tell when it happens another way, how many white people are killed by white cops, how many are killed by black or hispanic cops? The media does not report that stuff because it does not cause a conflict.

I was talking to some of my friends who are afro-american, and they think this is stupid also, you do not see cops just going down the road seeing a black person and shooting them, they have reasons. why do people resist, that is the first way you can get shot, have a gun do not drop it, resist. The use of force doctrine is to protect the officers and the public. Cops are not shooting upstanding citizens, they do not walk into an office building, or a church and go shoot black people. The hoods and thugs, and radical Islamist people with mental disorders are the ones who do that.

If any of you were police officers and faced the same situation, you would do the same. You have less then one second to make a life or death decision, who is going home to their family, is it you or them.

I would rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.

Date: September 13, 2016 07:16AM

jrt13 Wrote:
> I dont know, I am so over this already. I bleed
> red white and blue long before aqua and orange.
> Are there unjustified shooting, of course there
> are, and they go against all races and religions,
> not just white killing black. One major sad point
> is the media doesent tell when it happens another
> way, how many white people are killed by white
> cops, how many are killed by black or hispanic
> cops? The media does not report that stuff
> because it does not cause a conflict.
>
> I was talking to some of my friends who are
> afro-american, and they think this is stupid also,
> you do not see cops just going down the road
> seeing a black person and shooting them, they have
> reasons. why do people resist, that is the first
> way you can get shot, have a gun do not drop it,
> resist. The use of force doctrine is to protect
> the officers and the public. Cops are not
> shooting upstanding citizens, they do not walk
> into an office building, or a church and go shoot
> black people. The hoods and thugs, and radical
> Islamist people with mental disorders are the ones
> who do that.
>
> If any of you were police officers and faced the
> same situation, you would do the same. You have
> less then one second to make a life or death
> decision, who is going home to their family, is it
> you or them.
>
> I would rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.

So, you're saying it's OK to live in fear of the police? That police are justified in killing someone who is unarmed? What you're missing is the institutional racism that permeates our society. If you see a large black man approaching you..do you tense up with fear? What about if you see a large white man approaching you? THIS is what the police are dealing with inside their own heads. That's why the black-to-white ratio in prisons is so much higher than the general population. Black people have had to deal with this ever since their ancestors were kidnapped from Africa. The problem is younger people don't understand the history, so they choose to ignore it.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 13, 2016 08:58AM

I think the black to white population ratio in prison surely can't just be blamed on systematic racism.. While the black population in America accounts for roughly 13 percent, it also accounts for more then 50 percent of the murders in this country... That isnt systematics racism..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: September 13, 2016 09:10AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 13, 2016 09:34AM

So how long is that an excuse for murdering others and not living in a world of self accountability for ones actions?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: September 13, 2016 09:43AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> So how long is that an excuse for murdering others
> and not living in a world of self accountability
> for ones actions?

So black people = murderers to you? You think that the majority of blacks in prison are murderers? Seriously?

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: September 13, 2016 10:11AM

I have been a follower of this site for many years now and have only posted less than a handful of times. I loved coming to this site because of all the great information I would receive from the great gentlemen here.

I do not come to this site to read arguments about politics or racial divide. Everyone cannot agree with every one and a lot of words will be misconstrued as you are doing right now Victor.

There are horrible people of many races in this world and all of their views are going to be different. I believe what everyone is trying to say is maybe you should take accountability for your actions before you run and blame someone else.

This is a great nation and I have seen it go so far in the dumps over the past 8 years. The media is heavily at fault for this and has pumped so much crap into peoples heads.

I am not African American and maybe I cannot understand that cultures hardships but to compare it to years past and honestly believe things are worse then ever before...I blame the media yet again.

As long as we all keep feeding into the media biased they will keep feeding it to use by the truck loads.

As I am sure this thread will be closed shortly, I just have one last thing to say.

Can't we all just get along?????

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 13, 2016 10:31AM

" Cops are not
> shooting upstanding citizens"

the 6 year old kid in Ohio, the guy in MN, the guy in MIA who who was on the ground with his hands up and still got shot? They were all armed thugs right??

I wish the f**ing moderators would do their jobs here. The stupidity is becoming overwhelming.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 13, 2016 10:35AM

People the world is going to continue.

You cannot change it.

Lets talk phins.

THE END! smileys with beer

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 13, 2016 10:51AM

Date: September 13, 2016 10:52AM

Sorry Sam you posted the above while I was writing this. You're right!

Posted by: jrt13 ()
Date: September 13, 2016 10:59AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> " Cops are not
> > shooting upstanding citizens"
>
> the 6 year old kid in Ohio, the guy in MN, the guy
> in MIA who who was on the ground with his hands up
> and still got shot? They were all armed thugs
> right??
>
> I wish the f**ing moderators would do their jobs
> here. The stupidity is becoming overwhelming.

the six year old kid in ohio had a gun, now did the cops act premature, possibly, but again, until YOUR life is on the line, you have no idea what you would do.

The guy in MN was pulled over because he was thought to have robbed a place, he had a gun, yes he told them, and the cops fault was he should have grabbed it in a search.

The one in Miami I dont know how that all ended up, that one looked really bad
I dont see you make a comment about Chicago?
Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 473
Shot & Wounded: 2582
Total Shot: 3055
Total Homicides: 527

no because the majority is black on black.

and let me guess, black lives matter is a good upstanding group? its a hate group, I didnt see them down in Louisiana for the floods when the majority of people in that area were African American. they are a political statement, bottom line. Where as Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson, no where to be found because they couldn't make money off it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2016 11:06AM by jrt13.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 13, 2016 11:01AM

Date: September 13, 2016 11:11AM

Date: September 13, 2016 11:12AM

QUOTE: That Flag freed my people and eventually ended all forms of legalized separation and slavery in 1964.

Don't disrespect the Flag!

TRIPLE AMEN.

Date: September 13, 2016 11:20AM

I wish that was what ross told this team.

But Ross is nothing but an Imbecile.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: September 13, 2016 12:39PM

Veterans are pushing to have Dolphins games pulled from being played in their lounges? If that's true then it's a damn shame those veterans have no idea what they were fighting for. In this country we have rights and freedoms that others do not, like the right to protest. If you don't like the rights and freedoms that our soldiers have died to protect then go to North Korea where they cut off people's heads for protesting.

I'm an American and I will never denigrate someone for exercising a freedom that our brave men and women have fought and died to give us.

Date: September 13, 2016 01:54PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> That Flag freed my people and eventually ended all
> forms of legalized separation and slavery in
> 1964.
>
Really. The FLAG did all that? Did it pass laws, fight wars, run for office? Did the flag die in the civil war? Did the flag march with MLK?

I think you're getting WAY too hyped up about a piece of fabric.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2016 01:55PM by montequi.

Date: September 13, 2016 01:54PM

Panteraize Wrote:
> Veterans are pushing to have Dolphins games pulled
> from being played in their lounges? If that's true
> then it's a damn shame those veterans have no idea
> what they were fighting for. In this country we
> have rights and freedoms that others do not, like
> the right to protest. If you don't like the rights
> and freedoms that our soldiers have died to
> protect then go to North Korea where they cut off
> people's heads for protesting.
>
> I'm an American and I will never denigrate someone
> for exercising a freedom that our brave men and
> women have fought and died to give us.

AMEN!! smileys with beer

Posted by: AFCbeast ()
Date: September 13, 2016 03:16PM

Spot on to the soldier who has the same views as I in some respects. If they want us to tune out?... maintain this trend and I feel many will.
We watch "sports" to escape from all the problems we are bombarded with daily. It is our outlet to just unwind and "cheer" for a change. We gather with friends and maybe family, that we still like eye popping smiley, to enjoy a time of fun and food. But football has now morphed into a platform for "look at me" "look at me"...just don't ask me why I a doing this, because I am just a follower and my answer will be off the wall.
To all sports figures and celebrities who pull this stunt take this advice...keep it on your social media sites. That way you can target the folks who follow "you" and care about "you" and the rest of us can watch the "game" or the "movie" w/o having to know your stance on this or that ruining the whole experience.
I was hoping the Rio Olympics would have finally woken them up, and they would have shippd Bob Costas back to covering the only sport he knows...figure skating. But sadly, those who do watch, have to endure the "Bob Costas" hour...and maybe...time permitting...a little "NFL" talk.
Get it together NFL...because your money tree is losing leaves fast.

Date: September 13, 2016 04:16PM

montequi Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That Flag freed my people and eventually ended
> all
> > forms of legalized separation and slavery in
> > 1964.
> >
> Really. The FLAG did all that?

The United States Government did and that's what the Flag symbolizes.

Did it pass laws,

Yes, the Congress under that flag passed the Civil Rights Law of 1964

> fight wars,

Yes, not only the civil war but WWI and WWII and Korea and Vietnam and regrettably Iraq

run for office? Did the flag die in
> the civil war? Did the flag march with MLK?

Yes people running to uphold the ideals and ideas of the Flag did all of that!

>
> I think you're getting WAY too hyped up about a
> piece of fabric.

IT MEANS MUCH MORE THAN THAT BUT IF IT DOESN'T TO YOU....that again is what the flag gives you the right to feel......LOL....just don't go to any other country...even England....that doesn't have that flag and talk against their flag.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 13, 2016 04:50PM

I like turtles

Date: September 13, 2016 04:53PM

Isn't it funny that I find myself being disagreed with by both those supporting these guys disrespecting the flag and by Those who want to roast them for demonstrating against Cops in any fashion?

That, my dear BNF, is why I say that I'm in the middle.

Date: September 13, 2016 04:57PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> I like turtles

I'd a helluva lot rather be hungry than thirsty.

Date: September 13, 2016 07:37PM

Panteraize Wrote:

>
> I'm an American and I will never denigrate someone
> for exercising a freedom that our brave men and
> women have fought and died to give us.

Then lets go into anyones home, anyone business , and lets push our beliefs on them anywhere we see fit because we are free to do just about anything we want anywhere we want. Right? Is that what your saying?
And if you dont like it I should move to North Korea becuase America is so free I dont even have the right to disagree .

Dont know you Pantera , dont really care to , but you are 1 ignorant SOB.

How about people practice religion, politics, sex whatever on their own time? At work , in a uniform , representing others how about a million $$$ so called professional Shuts up and does his job? Whatever happened to respect in this country? Of thats right its their right , respect has nothing to do with it.

Guys like Kaperdick and Still wouldn't know respect if it hit them in the nuts. respect , sacrifice come hand in hand with Honor , professionalism and integrity. Something they dont know anything about . Your so fast to respect their rights what about everyone elses? Dont we have any rights?

You dont have a clue Pantera. Not a Fing clue. Stop pretending you do.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 13, 2016 07:55PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Isn't it funny that I find myself being disagreed
> with by both those supporting these guys
> disrespecting the flag and by Those who want to
> roast them for demonstrating against Cops in any
> fashion?

Well Chy, I feel for the line of work that you've done. I notice the balance of justice you try to maintain with your feelings, and I'm sure you've seen a lot of injustice being an attorney.

I like the diversity that we have here on this board. Even though there are differences in personal sentiments between members, that is the beauty of it. We all have freedom to feel the way we want and that is something sacred.

The one thing everyone here on phins.com can all agree on though is that we've been following a football team for years that pisses us all off.

Date: September 13, 2016 08:19PM

LOL.

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: September 14, 2016 09:05AM

"Veterans are pushing to have Dolphins games pulled from being played in their lounges? If that's true then it's a damn shame those veterans have no idea what they were fighting for. In this country we have rights and freedoms that others do not, like the right to protest. If you don't like the rights and freedoms that our soldiers have died to protect then go to North Korea where they cut off people's heads for protesting."

You forget that the Veterans groups exist to promote respect for the flag and honor veterans. They have a right to protest too. Also they own their lounges.

Date: September 14, 2016 10:36AM

I say they bring back Hank Williams Jr. He Clearly had the best Monday night song ever. I dare say...it was an Anthem. eye rolling smileyAll he did is criticize the leadership in this country. Doesn't he get the same free speech rights?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.