HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2016 Season - I'm still not into it
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
2016 Season - I'm still not into it
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 08, 2016 10:22AM

On July 17 I started a thread and let it get buried (Current Events VS Sports). Since then my mind has still been elsewhere besides sports which includes football. I'm nowhere near being excited as I used to be at the beginning of a season. In fact, not excited at all. Perhaps the Dolphins being bottom dwellers not even making the playoffs year after year contributes to that. Meanwhile I won the Fantasy championship last year in the league I play in which made me feel like a better GM & HC than who the Dolphins have.

But even my desire for FF has faded. During the league draft this past Sunday I was at a VW car show instead of drafting my team for this year. My '62 vintage VW Beetle won 1st place in it's class. I completely ignored FF and let it auto-draft & told my son he can run my team if he wants because I'm just going to ignore it. I gotta admit that winning a real trophy is nicer than a virtual one.

Funny thing - I'm more interested in the presidential race this year than football. In fact, I can't wait for the first debate. I can tell you this much, I've had enough of the Clinton's already. BTW - Good debate Treasure & Chyren had in that closed thread. Perhaps we need an off topic discussion section on this message board to discuss things other than football, might come in handy especially during the off-season. Any chance on that JC?

Finally, I've been working on my house trying to get it ready for the market. I'm moving to San Diego. My fiance is already there waiting for me. I retired on Aug 15 so I'm excited about the new journey ahead. Hmmm...I'll finally live somewhere where an NFL team exists...at least for now, I know SD has a stadium issue. I must say that Phillip Rivers reminds me of Dan. Great QB who'll never get a ring. And if you look carefully how Rivers plays, his release is nearly identical.

With all that said, I hope the Dolphins can finally play their way out of the gutter this year and at least win a wildcard spot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2016 Season - I'm still not into it
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 08, 2016 11:35AM

You're moving to SD? Don't you live in Hawaii?

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 08, 2016 04:34PM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

.... Perhaps we need
> an off topic discussion section on this message
> board to discuss things other than football, might
> come in handy especially during the off-season.
> Any chance on that JC?
>
>

This suggestion came up a few years ago, and Curt didn't think it was a good idea.

However, that was a while ago, when the general environment in the discussions was considerably more hostile than it is currently. It might be worth my asking Curt about it once again.

Date: September 09, 2016 06:00AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> You're moving to SD? Don't you live in Hawaii?

Sure am & I sure do!

I can't retire here Chyren, it's way too expensive to live here. Food here alone is double the price compared to elsewhere. I know a lot of people want to come here and live, but I've been here my whole life and I feel cooped up. Been spending my vacations getting off this rock while others come here for theirs...I love to travel.

You're in CA right?

Date: September 09, 2016 06:32AM

JC Wrote:
> 808phan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
>
> .... Perhaps we need
> > an off topic discussion section on this message
> > board to discuss things other than football,
> might
> > come in handy especially during the off-season.
> > Any chance on that JC?
> >
> >
>
> This suggestion came up a few years ago, and Curt
> didn't think it was a good idea.
>
> However, that was a while ago, when the general
> environment in the discussions was considerably
> more hostile than it is currently. It might be
> worth my asking Curt about it once again.

That would be nice.

I think as the years have passed the community here has been able to adapt and evolve to agree to disagree on many things. I find many discussions that turn off-topic and into debates interesting. Communication is a good thing, that's how people get to know one another. Members here at phins.com seem like family to me even though we're from all walks of life. I've grown to have an unconditional personal attachment to the people here, especially those who've been around for a long time - even if I think differently then someone else does about certain things from time to time.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 09, 2016 06:41AM

I feel the same way 808.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 09, 2016 10:38AM

Right.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.