HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Disgraceful........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Disgraceful........
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 29, 2016 04:31PM

{Colonel's post}

....which was exactly and word for word what I was trying to say.

Particularly for some one who grew up 3 miles from Fort Sill, Oklahoma and who spent his entire legal career (except for law school and summers therein) in prosecution.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 29, 2016 08:16PM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 30, 2016 07:20AM

The corny "national anthem" (nothing more than an imperialist militant ditty btw) presents a shallow MYTH of "america."

Peeps don't wanna admit (nor allow) the real history of this country to be openly expressed for the simple reason it's just way too ugly and perverse to tolerate and/or contemplate.

So the architects of "american idealism" have created an paint-by-numbers mythology of "america," a land of nobles and nice folks who just want to get their disproportionate piece of the pie.

But...

This "country" was STOLEN via the genocidal systematic extermination of the indigenous population. That's a fact. But the conquers get to write history. And "american history" was composed to justify the obscene brutality used to "tame the wild savage." But as irony would have it -- the real SAVAGES were the invaders. And many of their decedents still live among us. And many decorate our monuments!

After that, the "great land of liberty" (of course, "liberty" is for Caucasians only) was BUILT by SLAVES imported to perform the back breaking labor to build an empire.

The most obvious slaves were African, but there were also Chinese slaves and everyone else who could be exploited for CHEAP (disposable) labor. After all, "freedom" has its price -- and the cost is always paid by the poor, the vulnerable and the exploitable.

Perhaps and consider, the good ole USA is an amalgamation constructed from a pile of lies and the brutal exploitation of resources -- be they human flesh or otherwise. In this way, the entire mythology of "america" is a fraud.

Just my pedestrian opinion.

BNF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2016 07:20AM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: August 30, 2016 10:39AM

Date: August 30, 2016 12:14PM

Date: August 31, 2016 03:56AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Now to Treasure, I figured out last night that we
> were addressing two separate portions of
> Kaepernick's behavior. I was objecting to his
> disrespect for America and the Flag, you were
> addressing his comments that he did so because of
> the current controversies regarding police
> interactions.

Both are unacceptable from a so called professional in his position. I say "his position" because he has the ability to actually make real change if he wished. I see players from the NFL and the NBA doing incredible things to help bring education and change to those that need it. He was adopted....you would think he would bond with children like he was instead of crying on Twitter and blaming the PoPo for everything in society . He's a POS as far as I'm concerned. And the NFL needs to step up and back the men and women who serve and protect at every game.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2016 05:28AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: August 31, 2016 05:15AM

ChairmenB, you're a funny guy...

Point of fact, go back and actually READ what I wrote because I made NO comparative of "America" in relation to any another country.

But what's kind of freaky, is that you seemingly believe the assumptions and judgments you make up in your mind as "fact" and then proceed to lecture me about my supposed "rosy picture of the freedoms and non-racial feelings of other countries and other races."

Seriously??? Do you visit a parallel universe routinely?

The assumptions you made are NOT REAL, they're imagined in your head.

BNF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2016 05:17AM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 31, 2016 06:36AM

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: August 31, 2016 09:22AM

Colin Kaepernick is sitting on the sidelines sulking because Blaine Gabbert will probably win the starting job.

Date: August 31, 2016 09:56AM

Date: August 31, 2016 10:07AM

808phan Wrote:
> Colin Kaepernick is sitting on the sidelines
> sulking because Blaine Gabbert will probably win
> the starting job.

Kaepernick is no more than an athletic system QB. Harbaugh put a system in that worked for him, and it didn't hurt that they had Frank Gore to bowl people over. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kaepernick traded before the season starts.

Date: August 31, 2016 01:40PM

I guess the fact that I have offended SIMULTANEOUSLY both BNF and Treasure should say something.

I guess it is "radical" to be in the middle, nowadays.

Don't try to get in the middle of or separate the Police from the Black Lives Matter people when they start going at each other.

Neither seems to listen to reason and both respond emotionally.

Date: August 31, 2016 05:18PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> I guess the fact that I have offended
> SIMULTANEOUSLY both BNF and Treasure should say
> something.
>
> I guess it is "radical" to be in the middle,
> nowadays.
>
> Don't try to get in the middle of or separate the
> Police from the Black Lives Matter people when
> they start going at each other.
>
> Neither seems to listen to reason and both respond
> emotionally.

Black Live Matter and Blue Lives Matter have a lot more in common than they know. I used to say the same thing about the Tea Party and the Occupy Movement.

Date: August 31, 2016 07:34PM

Precisely!

Date: September 01, 2016 09:46AM

ChairmenB, you're not in the "middle" in any way shape or form. You're strictly a fringe player! LOL.

First of all, no offense taken. I just factor in the source.

Secondly, my statement that the mythology of america is a fraud is NOT the same as you asserting that means I said "America is a myth."

Again, seriously, are you joking?

I have to believe you can comprehend the difference between the two statements?

Otherwise, let me help you out.

Specifically, the mythology of America pertains to the cultural folklore and "stories" that comprise the "history" of the american experience. Hence, my point is simple -- the mythology of america most americans believe is a lie constructed from bogus versions of history and stories that are, at best, tainted by one-sided, highly prejudiced perspectives, or in many cases -- outright falsifications.

That fact does not make america a myth, it simply means the conventional mythology of "america" has been fabricated from BS and therefore in not a TRUE representation of what the actual american experience has been -- at least for a great number of peeps who have been on the wrong side of the ACTUAL american historical reality.

Take care...

BNF.

Date: September 01, 2016 11:29AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 01, 2016 01:17PM

Hey everyone wants to come here. No other country has as many immigrants as the USA.

Where else do the poor get a goverment check and a whole lot of food stamps?

Black women specially you see them in the supermarket with 6 kids walking behind them and 3 trucks full of food.....Who do you think paysfor that. The goverment.....

Tell kapernick or however you spell his name to get the F out this country and go live to where he is originally from. After he lives there for a few month tell him to tell me how good it went.

This is the best country in the world and the same people who probably got the little pention and food stamp critisize it.

F U Kapernich.

Date: September 01, 2016 01:23PM

BTW iam black and proud.

Policemen has stopped me numerous times and i never had a problem withthem....WHY you ask? Because i do what they say.....

If you are a black thug , or white thug get stopped by a cop and rebel against them you deserved to get 5 bullets in the head.

I support police men 10000 percent....They goota look out for their lives.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2016 01:32PM by samsam3738.

Date: September 01, 2016 01:33PM

And whoever is illegal immigrant in this here country.....

Deport they a$$

Date: September 01, 2016 01:37PM

Tonight im gonna stand in the street and say obama is a freaking terrorist....

they wont do anything to me....

This is the home of the brave and the land of the free.

Best country in the world.

Date: September 01, 2016 03:06PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> BTW iam black and proud.
>
>
> Policemen has stopped me numerous times and i
> never had a problem withthem....WHY you ask?
> Because i do what they say.....
>
>
> If you are a black thug , or white thug get
> stopped by a cop and rebel against them you
> deserved to get 5 bullets in the head.
>
>
> I support police men 10000 percent....They goota
> look out for their lives.

Thank you Sam Sam.smileys with beer

Kaperdick doubled down on his anti police rederick today. The largest police union is going after the NFL and Goodell. Each NFL game is protected by about 200 police officers every Sunday. Want to see it stop? This BSC needs to stop. See how they like life without us for just 1 sunday.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 01, 2016 08:48PM

Date: September 02, 2016 04:19AM

iam black of hispanish heritage....yes....

LOL....When i was in highschool bullies called me names numerous time but i was tall and over 200 pounds so they didnt mess with me much..

If i call somebody a monkey maybe is different to some people since iam not white..........

I call my grandson a monkey....Hey monkey!!!!!!

Figure of speech...

Ive always believe we are all the same.

And this goes to you TCPF......smileys with beer

I respect what you do and i respect what all the cops do black or white.

Im not color blind but in a way iam...

We are all the same..

There are good people and bad people in all the races.

Date: September 02, 2016 07:31AM

Look at how we all get along here. We are all Dolphins fans. Not a person here I wouldn't have at my home for a beer to watch a game. I know the race of a few because they mentioned it , but does it really matter? Of course not. Only 2 kinds of people, Good and Bad. They both come in every race .

I'm not even made at Kaperdick anymore. I'm over it. He's adopted, he has some deep issues to work out because he feels rejected and has a need to belong somewhere. It's the NFL I'm pissed at. They deny the Cowboys request to honor the Dallas 5 murdered but it's OK for Colin to preach unfactual hate. Disgusting.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 02, 2016 07:33AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> iam black of hispanish heritage....yes....
>
>
> LOL....When i was in highschool bullies called me
> names numerous time but i was tall and over 200
> pounds so they didnt mess with me much..
>

>
> If i call somebody a monkey maybe is different to
> some people since iam not white..........
>
> I call my grandson a monkey....Hey monkey!!!!!!
>
> Figure of speech...
>
> Ive always believe we are all the same.
>
> And this goes to you TCPF......smileys with beer
>
> I respect what you do and i respect what all the
> cops do black or white.
>
> Im not color blind but in a way iam...
>
> We are all the same..
>
> There are good people and bad people in all the
> races.

Thanks again Bro....smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 02, 2016 10:55AM

The very definition of bias is to assume all people act in one way because they are Black or cops or whatever. It amounts to is animalizing people because animals in the wild all seem to act in a certain way or at least that's what the nature shows tell us. But as we know from our own dogs and cats, domestic animals don't follow a script and do not all act alike.

We need to stop acting on the assumption that any people of a certain type act alike, that includes Cops and Black Lives Matter people, both as actors and they themselves should stop making assumptions based on things other than actual evidence that who that person is acts in a certain way and then that conclusion to him and him alone.

As far as Kaepernick is concerned, I was one of the first in this thread to call him a piece of crap. Disrespect for the flag does not only hit Cops and those who cherish the flag but hits our veterans as well. And when you do that, you get the Irish (in my slaveowners background) up.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 02, 2016 05:23PM

there's no winners in this argument. No one is going to change anyone else's stance

Date: September 02, 2016 06:32PM

True and that probably should be the last word though it's a shame to realize it's true.

Date: September 04, 2016 04:08AM

Date: September 04, 2016 08:46AM

Sorr, but no one is threatening Americans' rights today (or has in recent history). The most recent case where anyone can definitively assert that our military was defending our freedoms was WWII against the Nazi's and Japanese. Korea was not about US rights; Vietnam was not about US rights; Desert Storm was not about US rights; Afghanistan was not about US rights; Iraq was not about US rights.....

If we had stayed out of those wars mentioned above, we'd still have our rights as they are today.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.