HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Disgraceful........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Disgraceful........
Date: August 27, 2016 10:52AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Disgraceful........
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 27, 2016 12:05PM

Date: August 27, 2016 12:27PM

Trump is running for office. He has an agenda. There is another person opposite him with a different agenda. The country will decide the agenda we will follow. That's politics. Apples and oranges from the stunt Kapernick pulled.

He is wearing a uniform on the sidelines behind police that protect him. He represents that team and the fans. He is not close to what a professional is. Disgraceful.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 27, 2016 01:11PM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 27, 2016 02:45PM

It's his right not to stand. That's what makes this country great. I can burn the flag or speak out publicly against the govt without getting persecuted by such govt. I think Kaepernick is going a bit off the deep end with some of his tweets, but I won't deny the fact that institutional racism DOES exist.

Date: August 27, 2016 05:12PM

Yes, it is his right to do so. But it's ironic that this is one of the few countries in this world where you can do so in the way he did and not be either at best 1) thrown out if you are a foreigner or 2) jailed if you are a native.

That's what makes this country great. The fact that the Constitution protects the very people who disparage it.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 28, 2016 05:59AM

Its the US he has his right to protest others have the right to speak against him. Sitting during the national anthem is blatantly disrespectful imo. Putting on a shirt or something displaying your protest would work better. Those guys at the '68 olympics had the right idea.

Cops should be trained how to handle this its part of the constitution that they should be familiar with. Its part of their job.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 28, 2016 06:13AM

The way things are going with his career, he'll be doing a lot of sitting on the bench anyway. He may as well stretch his legs during the National Anthem because Gabbert is doing well enough to make CK sit his butt on the bench for the rest of the game.

Posted by: jimmmyd3 ()
Date: August 28, 2016 09:01AM

Kapernick is just listening to our first lady and the current President of the USA. The President has been preaching hate for the last 8 years.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: August 28, 2016 09:47AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's his right not to stand. That's what makes
> this country great. I can burn the flag or speak
> out publicly against the govt without getting
> persecuted by such govt. I think Kaepernick is
> going a bit off the deep end with some of his
> tweets, but I won't deny the fact that
> institutional racism DOES exist.

Sorry Monti, but burning the flag is against U.S. law. Look it up.

Yes, it is Kap's right to not stand, but at the same time, what he is protesting has nothing to do with what America, the flag, and the Anthem, stands for.

Let him take his millions that he has earned from this supposed "oppressed" society and go to the inner cities and help them.

But, ahh...now we are talking about him actually getting involved in doing something for society. Not gonna happen.

Sitting is the easy way out.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: August 28, 2016 09:50AM

jimmmyd3 Wrote:
> Kapernick is just listening to our first lady and
> the current President of the USA. The President
> has been preaching hate for the last 8 years.

Well, no disrespect to any one on this board who are Democrats or Hillary supporters, but playing the "racist card" is the norm during every election.

No matter who the Republican nominee is, they are called racists by the Democratic party.

It's too bad they have to resort to that.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 28, 2016 10:32AM

Flag burning is one of the approved methods of disposing of a flag that is worn or soiled from having come in contact with the ground. Since 1969 flag burning has been recognized by the supreme court as being protected by the first amendment governing free speech. Flag burning is not illegal unless it violates a local ordinance against open fires without a permit.
Kaepernick chose not to stand or place his hand over his heart or to sing along. It seems someone will always be offended. -Go Phins-

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: August 28, 2016 11:27AM

Date: August 28, 2016 12:13PM

jimmmyd3 Wrote:
> Kapernick is just listening to our first lady and
> the current President of the USA. The President
> has been preaching hate for the last 8 years.

Now this is a statement that has no basis in fact.

I don't like how he seems to not be able to criticize radical Muslims, (probably because his father who deserted him as a baby was an African exchange student and an Imman) but to say he preaches hate for White people, among whom was the mother that raised him just perpetuates the type of lies that is the problem with our country today.

Say he's soft on Radical Islam,......don't throw gasoline onto the barbecue by going out of bounds and accusing him of preaching hate for White people when he is half-White himself.

Date: August 28, 2016 01:14PM

Date: August 28, 2016 01:15PM

Flag burning does not eat at me the way standing for the anthem does. For every nut that burns the flag we have thousands of idiot 'patriots' that display the flag thru all kinds of weather. Put the flag up and are to damn lazy to bring it down in the evening. Seeing dirty torn ragged flags burn me up.

The current president does not preach hate.

Date: August 28, 2016 01:29PM

mizzou15 Wrote:

>
> The current president does not preach hate.

Not a conversation we are having. But for the first time in my professional career I do not feel the support of the federal government. Many of us do not. Lets leave it at that. I'm in the trenches brother everyday. Trust me on this.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 28, 2016 03:13PM

So is every public service cops are not the only one in the 'trenches'.

Don't get me wrong I respect cops but I also respect others that come across a hostile public. Bus drivers, teachers etc. You disagree w/ the potus that's fine you hear what you want to hear and how you want to hear. To say the potus is preaching hate is an outright lie.

You want the right to say let's leave it at that w/ no one having anything else to say. This country just does not work that way.

I respect your work but this country just doesn't work that way.

Date: August 28, 2016 04:35PM

Date: August 28, 2016 04:36PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Yes, it is his right to do so. But it's ironic
> that this is one of the few countries in this
> world where you can do so in the way he did and
> not be either at best 1) thrown out if you are a
> foreigner or 2) jailed if you are a native.
>
> That's what makes this country great. The fact
> that the Constitution protects the very people who
> disparage it.

Reposted because Treasure obviously missed seeing it.

Date: August 28, 2016 05:33PM

Date: August 28, 2016 05:39PM

Date: August 28, 2016 10:08PM

Date: August 29, 2016 05:06AM

Sorry just because its a constitutional right doesnt make it right.

Its beyond free speech. Law enforcement officers are being executed at a rate unparalleled because of this hate group. We have an American QB at the highest level who supports this. Its not OK from any view point and it shouldn't be encouraged as free speech.

Police unions need to boycott the games but I'm not holding my breath in a cesspool like San Francisco to do the right thing. Any of California actually. But god help any player who wants to continue with this behavior else where in the United states.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 29, 2016 05:21AM

He even looks like a terrorist. Look at his eyes and face.

Date: August 29, 2016 10:19AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Law enforcement officers
> are being executed at a rate unparalleled because
> of this hate group.

Ok, you've officially lost me now. WTF??

Date: August 29, 2016 12:05PM

Treasure, my dear friend, calm down. I was making the point that this asshole is allowed to say the things he says and make millions more than the officers who put their lives on the line every day by virtue of the very flag he is disrespecting and that he considers this country to be so bad yet, in any other country except probably Canada or Britain, his butt would be thrown in jail for doing what he did....not left to make millions.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 29, 2016 12:58PM

That's simply not true. Many, many countries guarantee some form of freedom of speech. As in the US it all depends on who your speech is directed at. You can call the president a terrorist loving Kenyan Muslim and get away with it but, ask the demonstrators at occupy Wallstreet how that freedom of speech thing worked out for them.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: August 29, 2016 02:06PM

Or maybe it's because he converted to islam and his fiance is a BLM activist and she put him up to it.

But facts be damned. Our media is pathetic. They don't want the facts they want talking points that fit their narrative.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 29, 2016 04:04PM

Having spent a large part of my adult life in uniform serving our country, I still understand the rights that people have to spout their opinions whether they make sense or not.

As retired military, I still get chills when Old Glory is raised, when the Star Spangled Banner is played, and when taps are played and Old Glory is presented to a grieving family member. Our flag is displayed at my home everyday and replaced with a new one when the colors begin to fade from the sunlight. I know and knew service members who fought and died--I honor them with the flag. I also respect service members on active duty, former veterans and all those retired from service from wounds received.

Our flag stands for the patriots that founded our country and for those who have worked to preserve it including those in public safety and emergency services. Today they are commonly referred to as first responders. These folks deserve our respect and appreciation. Many times the jobs they do are thank less.

CK can spout off what he thinks...just like I can or you can. The consequences of what people say and do however, need not be liked, honored, or cared for. Our US Constitution allows this...it's a right to do so. It's a right that permits every fool and naysayer to spout off. It's our right to ignore or criticize too.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.