HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dan Campbell
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dan Campbell
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: June 24, 2016 06:17AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dan Campbell
Date: June 24, 2016 10:36AM

I LOVED that guy. But to tell the truth I would have taken just about anyone over Philbin. Even sam sam in broken english made more sense. grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 24, 2016 10:56AM

TCPF Quote: Even sam sam in broken english made more sense.

Or maybe you TCPF would had made more sense. You would declare tannehill a pro bowler right before the season starts...Then he would shatter you dreams by midseason.

Date: June 24, 2016 07:44PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TCPF Quote: Even sam sam in broken english made
> more sense.
>
>
> Or maybe you TCPF would had made more sense. You
> would declare tannehill a pro bowler right before
> the season starts...Then he would shatter you
> dreams by midseason.

OR.......When he passed for 4000 yds despite a second / third tier Oline
and we still lost games I would make changes elsewhere. eye rolling smiley

OH thats right......exactly how the Dolphins feel as well. drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: June 25, 2016 06:10AM

I like Campbell but did not like the way he left the org. It appeared that he wanted the HC position or nothing. He did not show enough as interim hc to show that he deserved it. Instead of being classy and thanking the org for the opportunity (few get) that will help him immensely in the future he thru a hissy fit in the press. Our org lacks a lot of things but they deserved a thank you from this guy. We are moving on. Dan who? Screw 'im.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: July 01, 2016 11:38AM

Pretty soon we're going to be known as an organization that ruins HC's and lets good assistants go to other teams. So, what's the deal? Do we hire HC's based on their ability to hire assistants??

Date: July 01, 2016 03:07PM

Yeah Gase felt threatened by him, to scared to let him stay. thumbs down

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: July 02, 2016 07:34AM

"He did not show enough as interim hc to show that he deserved it."

nuff said take your potential and head to the unemployment line. Let's see he is the head coach of what team now? We were supposed to be idiots again and give someone who isn't ready to be a hc the job again because some fans have a big man crush and like his tan, mustache and screaming (sh** this used to be a man's country). Screw that. The ungrateful s-o-b did not want to stay here as an assistant and the team let him walk. Now you want to start hanging the horse sh** on Gase, please.

We did not ruin Philbin Sporano or Wannestedt they were terrible HCs.
The league was laughing at us for being the clowns that hired them.

Maybe in 2/3 years Campbell will get his chance but he sure as hell did not deserve it now or with us.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: July 02, 2016 07:55AM

In his present job he is doing exactly what he was doing here, Tight End coach. The title of assistant HC is to massage his ego. He would have stayed here with the exact same deal. It's his intensity that we need here, not, his Head Coaching experience though he has considerably more than Gase. I've had my fill of cerebral Head Coaches that nobody listens to.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: July 02, 2016 02:03PM

Not so sure Campbell would have stayed with Miami, Hooligan. What makes you think he would?

He was the interim HC who was not retained. It would be a loss of face for him to remain as a coach with Miami. I don't know of too many, if any, interim's that remain with that team after not getting the HC gig.

Date: July 05, 2016 05:15AM

They probably offered him the tight end coaching job again but he was too high and mighty to accept it again...

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 05, 2016 08:08PM

But SamSam, can you blame him?

Also, you guys are forgetting Todd Bowles?

We've been down this road before wherein we thought we were the most desired franchise to coach of all and we're just delusional.

Campbell seemed to right the ship, much as Todd Bowles did, and then that whoremonger owner of ours just let him go and brought in PHilbin...you'd think that knucklehead would simply realize that he has now fired the guy who he hired when he let Bowles go and that he should not make that mistake again but when you are in the middle of an orgasm with a whore under the desk sucking you off...then your think pattern tends to wander off.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: July 06, 2016 01:51AM

Going 5-7 is righting the ship??????

Date: July 06, 2016 04:44AM

Chren we have not been the most desire franchise to coach for a long long time.

Date: July 06, 2016 11:22AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Going 5-7 is righting the ship??????

Okay, so you were talking about Campbell. Well, 5-7, let's see that's 12 subtracted from a 16 game season, that leaves four games that YOUR BOY PHILBIN was in charge of. So I'm too lazy to go back and look. Was PHilbin 4-0 at the point he was fired? Why would they fire such a coach?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2016 12:19PM by ChyrenB.

Date: July 06, 2016 12:27PM

oooh, Philbin was 1-3, which is 25%. 5-7 seems to be a higher percentage to this liberal arts major. Not 50% but a lot higher than 25%...oooh, used a calculator and saw it was 41%.

Date: July 06, 2016 01:12PM

Not sure what Philbin has to do with keeping Campbell? But what exactly did Campbell do to warrant such praise? He's not head coach material yet and there's no proof that he ever will be, was he even that great of a TE coach? Every staff in the NFL has fiery young coaches who aren't afraid to yell at guys, doesn't mean they'll be great head coaches

Date: July 06, 2016 02:23PM

Philbin was your boy. You defended him to the hilt.

Date: July 06, 2016 02:27PM

Only bigger defender than you was JSM08.

Date: July 06, 2016 02:41PM

Again, what does that have to do with keeping Campbell?

Date: July 06, 2016 06:58PM

Date: July 07, 2016 01:35AM

So you want to give the job to Dan Campbell because Todd Bowles has one winning season under his belt in NY?.....got it, makes perfect sense eye rolling smiley

Still haven't told me what exactly Campbell did in his short time here to warrant such consideration? Based on credentials, Gase has way more potential to becoming a good HC than Campbell could ever dream of. My guess is you wont see DC mentioned as a head coaching candidate for quite a few years if ever again.

Date: July 07, 2016 10:03AM

Date: July 07, 2016 11:15AM

Absolutely worthless trying to talk to you about anything.......

Date: July 07, 2016 11:52AM

Nice exit.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: July 08, 2016 12:28PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Nice exit.

Refresh my memory, Chryen. Did Bowles get the HC position immediately after leaving Miami?

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 08, 2016 01:33PM

captkoi Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Nice exit.
>
> **************************************************
> ***
>
> Refresh my memory, Chryen. Did Bowles get the HC
> position immediately after leaving Miami?

He went to Philly for a year, then was hired by Bruce Arians as his defensive coordinator in Arizona, had a kick ass year, they went 11-5 and to play offs. That is why or when Jets hired him as HC...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: July 08, 2016 03:49PM

Thanks, Crowder. I just saw both posts.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 09, 2016 05:56AM

no problem

I like Campbell a lot too,how could you not like the guy... But he still needs more time. What Miami did for him was a great honor and respect for his little experience... Please name me another HC in the NFL, that was never a coordinator or assistant HC at any level...

I also think Campbell would have had a tough time assembling a quality staff... He had all the heart and will, but not enough knowledge and experience IMO...

Add that to the issues with Tannehill, that him nor Zach Taylor were going to be able to get him past...

We needed to go in another direction...

Gase has the experience, knowledge and reputation with Qb's. He has the respect around the NFL to assemble a much better staff on both sides of the ball.... He also still has that youth and player relations that Campbell brought to the table... To me it appears Gase was an upgrade over Campbell, but obviously only time will truly tell..

As you can see, no one else in the NFL hired Campbell to even be an
O-coordinator let alone Head Coach, that should tell you something... And we all know that had Miami not hired Gase early he would be a HC with another team undoubtedly....
Will it work out, will he be great, who knows.... But if you are a betting man, it was a better bet then staying with Campbell based on the issues I mentioned above...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: July 09, 2016 10:56AM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.