HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Did Miami finally get a break?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Did Miami finally get a break?
Date: June 12, 2016 05:19AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Did Miami finally get a break?
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 12, 2016 06:46AM

Yes I think we got a break... If he can stay healthy and out of trouble it seems we got a hell of player... I also really liked his attitude in interviews since the draft... Seems like a real team guy.. He also lost all that money and didn't seem to be a big deal to him... I don't think I would have handled losing all that money and negative attention as well as him... Makes me want to root for him even more...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: June 12, 2016 12:25PM

I agree he lost money.....but it's much easier to lose money he never had.However if he turns out to be a top tier lineman, he is going to be a bitch to resign. No real bargains, you just pay at the end.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 13, 2016 04:57AM

If he does turn into a top tier lineman, I will feel fine about paying him well and resigning him, since we got such a deal on his first 4 years...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 13, 2016 07:04AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If he does turn into a top tier lineman, I will
> feel fine about paying him well and resigning him,
> since we got such a deal on his first 4 years...

It's a problem I wouldn't mind having!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: June 13, 2016 08:57AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> I agree he lost money.....but it's much easier to
> lose money he never had.However if he turns out to
> be a top tier lineman, he is going to be a bitch
> to resign. No real bargains, you just pay at the
> end.

By that time, more than likely, he will be the starting LT, so the pay will match that.

Date: June 13, 2016 11:23AM

Not to mention..........we traded our first pick and drafted down to #13 gaining two other players from The Eagles. Kiko is supposed to be doing very well.Talk about value! This may very well be the best first round pick the Dolphins made since 1983.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: June 16, 2016 10:34AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Not to mention..........we traded our first pick
> and drafted down to #13 gaining two other players
> from The Eagles. Kiko is supposed to be doing very
> well.Talk about value! This may very well be the
> best first round pick the Dolphins made since
> 1983.

On paper, yeah, the fins got a hell of a deal.

I prefer to wait until the season is almost over to see how valuable Kiko and Maxwell turn out to be. If Kiko either doesn't play up to his rookie season or (once again) gets injured and Maxwell plays like he did in Philly, then the grading won't be very high.

Posted by: Mike8272 ()
Date: June 16, 2016 11:25AM

Trading back to gain Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell was a marmite move for fans and outsiders. I personally liked the deal because it got us two veteran players who could potentially give us an upgrade in two starting positions. Ok, there was some risk attached to this because Kiko has struggled with injuries and Maxwell didn't live up to his contract, but they are two talented players who are capable of contributing to success here in Miami.

Then on draft day, the top graded O-Line prospect fell to us. Granted there are some concerns about him like the picture that emerged before the draft, and then the rumor about his ankles. But ultimately we got the top left tackle prospect in the draft at #13, that doesn't happen very often.

So potentially if all goes well, which doesn't always happen for us, we will have gained three players that will play a big part in our future. At this point, trading back looks to have been a good move for this time. Let's hope it works out on the field!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.