HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Official Miami Dolphins 2016 Draft Report Card
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Official Miami Dolphins 2016 Draft Report Card
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: May 02, 2016 06:02AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Official Miami Dolphins 2016 Draft Report Card
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 02, 2016 08:28AM

Good evaluation. I think Lucas will make the squad. I wish they would leave him at FS.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: May 02, 2016 08:41AM

They traded a 4th round pick (107) to move up for Howard, not a 5th.

I've seen some media guys label KD as that but I don't see Drake as "just" a 3rd down back. How many 6'1 210 lb 3rd down backs do you see around the league? He is a versatile guy who can pretty much do it all. He is probably more elusive than Jay Ajayi and has the size as well. He's about the same size as Ajayi, who is dropping weight this off season. Drake is a KR, PR, Gunner, slot WR. He even blocked a punt.

Overall, the FO gave up a lot of picks this year as well as next year. I think they justified it in their own minds by landing Maxwell and Alonso. All in all, we got 3 starters with the draft moves (Tunsil, Alonso & Maxwell) with the possibility of that turning into more. I think Howard will need some technique work before he's able to start. Not sure that will be game one but it could come by mid season. I think Lippett will give him a run for his money.

I think there's a fair chance Carroo could beat out Stills before the season is over since the staff will be more interested in his development and snaps over a guy who is a FA next year. Stills will have to tear it up with some big plays if he wants to continue to get snaps.

I also think we got better on special teams. I think the kick returner's value has been minimized with the new rules but PR should be good and we can get Landry out of there.

We definitely have some interesting offesnive weapons with....

Parker, Landry, Stills, Carroo, Cameron, Drake, Ajayi and Grant. WOW.

Not so sure about the defense.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: May 02, 2016 09:03AM

I think rounds one, two and three were all about getting starters, and pushing our current starters. Rounds four onward were all about depth and competition. I don't agree with the pick of Drake because I liked Perkins much better. That said, Drake is an interesting player but...

Our offense should be more dynamic this season (hopefully that means more scoring) and our KR/PR positions will be well stocked with speed and shiftiness without having to use Landry.

Lastly, our staff is obviously satisfied with our LB'ers...I would not have been.

Date: May 02, 2016 09:21AM

Joe

I fixed the draft pick error on the Howard trade. Thanks for catching that.

Also, I consider Drake a 3rd down RB because of his style of play and lack of toughness, not because of his size. I would agree that he can also be a return man and a slot guy. I just have a hard time seeing him being asked to run between the tackles on a regular basis.

I hope I'm wrong, because if Drake deserves an A or B grade then the Phins killed this draft.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2016 09:33AM by Northeast Fin Fan.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: May 03, 2016 04:46AM

If you are correct then we still need another RB.

We could still sign more vets but it won't be until after May 12th when it won't count against us for compensatory picks.

We could use a vet CB, RB and DE.

Arian Foster, Leon Hall and Jason Jones have all visited Miami.

Date: May 03, 2016 06:03AM

I think there will be a flurry of activity on 5/12-5/13. All 3 of those guys will likely find new homes. Hall and Jones would be good additions. Foster would be also....if he is healthy and would take a low salary with incentives.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: May 03, 2016 04:09PM

Thanks for the insight NEFF, I was wondering why they were selecting so many offensive guys. I hope there is enough offense to overcome the defensive holes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.