HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          what about a QB?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: what about a QB?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 04, 2016 10:15AM

With all that said i hope he gets better because it looks like the current regime is counting on tannehill to be the one.

If not....then

Its rebuilding time next year.............

Another thing........Hopefully when landry becomes a free agent we pay his @$$ and not him go to another team like we have done players like odrick, miller, the Dend we let go last year who cares about his name anymore....Or even that tiny Receiver we let go to new england.

IM sick and tired of the phins drafting players who become very good then we let them go to other teams...

Thats why we suck so bad today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 04, 2016 10:21AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 04, 2016 10:51AM

Of course I agree with everything you said, SamSam.

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: May 17, 2016 04:12PM

Tannehill has been playing behind a high-school caliber o-line his entire career, and yet still managed to get progressively better 3 years in a row, before having something of an off year last year. But, the whole team had an "off year" last year... maybe it wasn't all Tanne? And did anybody notice that Tanne quietly became one of the best deep ball passers in the league last year? Yeah, I can't find the exact slides, but during the draft coverage they put up some numbers that showed that Tanne was one of the best in the entire NFL on deep passes last year. So much for all the "Tannehill can't throw the deep ball" story lines.

Look, I'm not into making excuses, and I'm fine with drafting a QB next year if Tannehill isn't at least somewhat above average this year. But the reality is, this kid has done a lot without much help.

Date: May 18, 2016 06:57AM

And the DR is in! Take two and call him in September......thumbs upsmileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 18, 2016 09:13AM

The only thing that is being left out of the bad oline being the blame for last year is the fact Tannehill has been playing behind a bad oline almost his entire NFL career. He was actually sacked less last year then the previous 2 years...

For whatever reason, Tannhehill's accuracy and completion percentage went backwards for the first time in his NFL career... Sorry but it is not just because of the Oline, when he managed to progress the previous years with a worse Oline...

Maybe it was a personal problem he had with the coaches, maybe he had other personal problems. Maybe he just regressed... But enough with the Oline crap... No one blamed the bad oline 2 years ago when he had his best year on paper... So you cant pick and choose when to blame and not blame things.. At the end of the day it is on Tannehill for not getting it done last year and taking a step backwards... It is not uncommon for QB's to do this... But enough with it not being his fault... Guess what, it was his fault...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: May 20, 2016 11:22PM

> For whatever reason, Tannhehill's accuracy and completion percentage went backwards for the first time in his NFL career... Sorry but it is not just because of the Oline, when he managed to progress the previous years with a worse Oline...

I agree that the o-line isn't the only issue. He did regress last year, for reasons that aren't obvious. But, again, the whole freaking team seemed to regress last year. I suspect it's all related, but I guess we'll see.

If Tanne doesn't produce this year though, I'm fine with throwing in the towel and drafting a 1st round QB next year, if somebody good is available to us. But for right now, I'm holding out some hope for Tannehill. That's all I'm saying.

Date: May 21, 2016 03:21AM

Philbin did not have glowing things to say about Tannehill. He never gave him a chance . The running game wasn't there and the biggest reason? Last year's defense. Just abysmal. Its kind of hard to get into a game when, your playing behind the likes of Jason Fox and your defense is letting teams March down the field chewing up the clock.on top of it , your head coach Is fired mid season and your offensive cordinator follows. Crowder.....give the guy a break!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2016 05:29PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: May 23, 2016 08:02AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Crowder.....give the guy a break!!

I hope you are kidding.. He is a grown ass man going into his 5th year in the NFl making roughly 16.5 million a year... And you want me to give him a break? Really? I can give him a break for his first 3 years, while still playing on his rookie deal... But that time is over amigo. It has come and passed many moons ago...

I think you need to erase your tag line, about someone else blowing sunshine up our asses... The glove fits pretty well with you towards this board and Tannehill.. Your ability to call anyone else out for blowing sunshine up our asses has officially been revoked... You can turn in your card asap and create a new tag line....

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2016 08:03AM by Crowder52.

Date: May 23, 2016 09:47AM

soon tannehill will be 15 years in the league and tcpf will still be waiting for him to become a good qb.

Date: May 23, 2016 09:54AM

Date: May 23, 2016 01:30PM

Sam- I still believe Tannehill can get it done. But I think he needs to get his footwork right. His fundamentals break down at times and that leads to the accuracy issues IMO.. Again, I think he can get it done, but I am just over the making excuses part... No more excuses, put up or shut up... Excuses are for losers and people who cant get it done... Whatever it takes, he needs to adapt to the strengths and weakness's of the players around him.. That is what the great ones are able to do...

Nietzsche

Date: May 23, 2016 01:38PM

Date: May 23, 2016 02:49PM

Chyren- you really don't understand the difference? Do I really need to point it out for you? Or are you just pulling this typical ticky tacky crap to try and start an argument with me? Use critical thinking my friend and you will figure out the difference... Give it shot i am pretty sure you have the brain power to understand....

Nietzsche

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 23, 2016 05:03PM

I think if anyone is waiting for Tanney to be great they might be waiting a long time (sorry Treasure), but he's certainly not the trash that Chyren and Sam are making him out to be, he's throw for close to or better than 4k yards a few years in a row, it's that kind of production that leads me to believe with a little better coaching, a little better protection and a little more help he can get us to the next level, I don't ever see him as carrying the team though. The problem is (and it's one the resident experts never address) is who are you going to get (and how) that's better, quality NFL QB's are not growing on trees.

Date: May 23, 2016 08:26PM

Well, holic. I was just contesting the proposition that he was or could be great. He may not be as bad a passer as David Woodley, but overall he is no more effective given his team, which is this team. Yeah, put him on Woodley's team and he would be better. But we don't have Woodley's team. We neither have the offensive blocking for either the run game or the passing game, nor do we have the great defense which almost made a passing game irrelevant.

And remember, I'm the only one who is still saying that put him in a non-traditional pro offensive scheme....one more like the Carolina Panthers or the Kaepernick 49ers....use his open field skills that allowed him to also play wide receiver in college and he would be damn good.

But all y'all folks ain't interested in that.

Date: May 24, 2016 04:15AM

And we have given him enough help...

You want prove?

They devoted almost the entire 2016 draft.....drafting Almost all offensive players.

OL RB Receiver, TEnd, and a qb to push him to do better...

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 24, 2016 08:24AM

Thanks for the update Sam.......I was wondering who we drafted grinning smiley

Date: May 24, 2016 08:48AM

I was talking to chren dolphaholic not you.

We Already know you are a genious and know more than the average dolphin fan.

Date: May 24, 2016 11:00AM

Correction, SamSam, he thinks he knows more than any Dolphin fan.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: May 24, 2016 12:38PM

Oh come on guys, Dolph punctuated his post with a SMILEY face grinning smileygrinning smiley. It wasn't meant to be taken too seriously.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: May 24, 2016 12:55PM

I hate dolphaholic......I hate himhate him hate him.....moody smiley

Date: May 24, 2016 05:50PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> Oh come on guys, Dolph punctuated his post with a
> SMILEY face grinning smileygrinning smiley. It wasn't meant to be taken too
> seriously.

Well, I didn't take offense at what Holic said because I don't consider Tanny to be "trash," I just think that his talents are being ignored and he is being misused........but now on the other hand, Crowder's angry insults.......so I can't agree with SamSam on hating holic but, on the other hand, Crowder is trying to get to that place with me. He's been on a binge ever since he thought I had somehow insulted either the whole Caucasian race or him personally although he never explained how he thought I did it.

Date: May 25, 2016 03:17AM

Chyren- I really have no problem with you, I know we have gotten into it before, but who really cares, I have a life and move on quickly.. It seems you are the one hung up on something I dont even remember. Life is too short for grudges, but now I at least understand why you take this ticky tacky approach with me in responding to post.. If you talk football with me and not semantics type arguments, you will see no problem.. I don't like logic with no meaning... I am busy these days and think it is a waste of time for that type of interactions... But any day you want to have a good football conversation, that is why I visit this site... No time for useless drama...Hope that clears things up and and you can proceed in a different manner... I honestly have zero hard feelings towards what ever you seem to be concerned about.. I don't even remember it... time to move on....

Nietzsche

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2016 08:11AM by Crowder52.

Date: May 25, 2016 03:28AM

HAHA I dont hate my worst enemy chren....I was just been sarcastic.

Date: May 25, 2016 07:24AM

I asked you to put your money where your mouth is Sam Sam.You declined. winking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 25, 2016 07:28AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> I asked you to put your money where your mouth is
> Sam Sam.You declined. winking smiley

I told you i dont play those gambling games.

You will see that we will not make the playoffs. Just a matter of time...

That bet would be like taking candy from a baby...But i dont gamble. And less with people i dont know.

Date: May 25, 2016 07:35AM

I hope iam wrong but i will remind you when we are eliminated from the playoffs in 2016.

Date: May 25, 2016 07:41AM

This is one time i wouldnt mind eating crow.

Date: May 25, 2016 07:49AM

We will even drink a beer smileys with beer online if they make it through.

Even if they lose in the first round. I take just one more week of football this year.

Thats how sad its been for us watching this team. Nothing seems to work...

Starting from the owner giving these celebrities the key to the city or dolphins stadium to the head coach and players stinking.

Now spend 400 dollars for parking food and 4 tickets then come back home with the head down after a loss.

And i dont even want to mention developing some players who become good the letting them go for nothing in return.

I guess its gods way of punishing this organization for running shula and marino out of town. Them two was the best thing that has ever happened to this organization....them and joe robbie.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.