HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          not a good morning. .....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
not a good morning. .....
Date: October 30, 2015 03:11AM

I'm sitting in my patrol car listening to morning radio. 2 out of 3 stations are playing Benny Hill music in the background when discussing the Dolphins. sad smiley

Biggest complaint seems to be Tanehills lack of any emotions on the sidelines. After the safety debacle he just stood there chewing on his mouth piece.

Looks like Wake is done.sad smiley here comes Dave Hyde.......more Benny Hill. angry smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: not a good morning. .....
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 30, 2015 03:27AM

just once i'd like to see tannehill chew out a WR for dropping a pass or running the wrong route. chew out a lineman for missing his assignment.

he's just not a leader.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 30, 2015 03:54AM

Tannehill got paid already.....He just doesnt care if he plays like a wet firecracker. Because that what he is.

He is just light years away from been a good QB.

He just doesnt have it in him to be a leader and get to the next level.

But what do you expect he is a converted WR in college.

Can't ask for much more. He has already reached his limit.

Every time the game is on the line he just finds a way to stink it up...

He is just not a very good QB.

Yes when we play a weak team he excells but when we play a high rated team he just lays down and forgets how to play football.

A wet firecracker.

Date: October 30, 2015 04:27AM

Sam sam. Please find another anology besides wet firecracker? Thanks.

Tanehill is a great athlete and can be an elite QB. But I am starting to see a lack of leadership after bad plays.you don't have to be a dick and complain or place blame, but look engaged. Look like it bothers you just some? Can you grab your center and discuss the breakdown? He just kind of walks off and stands there. CAMPBELL has to recognize it.Let's see if he can th urn him into a leader. Otherwise I'm at a loss. He's not going anywhere. So don't even mention it. $90 million says we have him until 2019. He needs to get focused and motivated.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 30, 2015 04:27AM

TC--I hear you. Woke up this morning as usual, 4:30 am, with the game on my mind. Losing is really getting to me. I'm beginning to take it all personally.

I've been listening to the Joe Rose show on WQAM. He's besides himself. There are many people crying about Tannehill's poor play.

In a thread last night I referred to Tannehill as a journeyman. I'm not sure about that this morning, thinking that he's still at the rookie (apprentice) playing level.

Watching the game last night, one could easily see the intensity between the two opposing QBs in demeanor. When Brady was dragged to the ground missing a crucial pass, he was infuriated, pounded the ground and was visibly Po'd. In contrast, the camera showed Tannehill wide-eyed on the sidelines chewing what appeared to be bubble gum. There was not one visible indication that he was upset with his play or that of his offensive line. It sure appears to me that when crappy things happen, rather than bear down, buckle down, he escapes into a shell and divests himself from what's going on. Perhaps this response is why he doesn't show any leadership ability to come back from adversity. Adversity in this sense is when the team is getting throttled and we fall behind.

His value to the franchise was clearly revealed last night. Aside from being grossly overpaid, he hasn't really grown as a leader and his inconsistency is more likely than not to show itself when playing against good competition.

I'm afraid there's nothing that Dan Campbell can do to improve Tannehill's intuitive skill set. And after 3 full season's of play, I don't see Tannehill ever getting us to 10 wins.

Our Wrs aren't bad at all IMO. Tannehill has the receivers to throw to this year. His selection of targets, when under pressure, falls way off. The first interception last night I thought he was thowing to Kenny Stills who got knocked down. The announcers thought he was throwing to Matthews (I think that's who it was) who apparently turned the wrong way. Tannehill's chemistry with his receivers is lacking. Did the two get together following the play to address the mistake? I don't know,but I seriously doubt it.

This was a big game for us and all the sportscasters and talking heads picked us to lose. They were right. I hoped we'd give them a real run for the money, instead, they gave us black eyes, a bloody noise, a fat lip and a sore ass.

We need a proven, a seasoned franchise QB--and I'm not talking Matt Moore. I'm referring to Drew Brees. He could lead us into the play offs.

Posted by: sickofit ()
Date: October 30, 2015 04:36AM

Let's put aside Tannehill for a moment.

This team did not come out with the swagger I saw in the last two games. Why is that? They were tired? Coaching? (I think it's because they knew they were going to lose.) Whatever the reason, they did not show up to win. They showed up to lose. The Dolphins are famous for this. And I am worried that even with the new coach they are still pulling this crap.

Tannehill is not our biggest problem, but he is a problem. As I have said before everything has to be 100% perfect for him to perform well. And he has zero leadership qualities. I am quite frankly sick of seeing this kid smiling like an idiot and looking like a deer in the headlights 97% of the time during games. Isn't anyone else????

And let me just point out also again that Suh continues to be a non-factor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2015 04:38AM by sickofit.

Date: October 30, 2015 04:48AM

Sorry but tanehill is what he is.....>A WR turned QB.....And we are stuck with him.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 30, 2015 05:12AM

You know, probably the worst thing about this latest loss, is that I realize that I've become desensitized to losing. In my younger days, I'd broken furniture and once even put my fist through a wall during a game (not proud of my infantile behavior but it was what it was). During last night's game, once it became apparent to me that Miami wasn't even going to compete, I turned the channel and barely gave it another thought. I'm so used to losing that I'm becoming more and more apathetic. Never thought I would ever feel like this, but I guess eventually, the constant ineptitude has beaten me down.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 30, 2015 05:22AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You know, probably the worst thing about this
> latest loss, is that I realize that I've become
> desensitized to losing. In my younger days, I'd
> broken furniture and once even put my fist through
> a wall during a game (not proud of my infantile
> behavior but it was what it was). During last
> night's game, once it became apparent to me that
> Miami wasn't even going to compete, I turned the
> channel and barely gave it another thought. I'm so
> used to losing that I'm becoming more and more
> apathetic. Never thought I would ever feel like
> this, but I guess eventually, the constant
> ineptitude has beaten me down.

Truer words have never been spoken, My wife used to leave the house during games lol...now, meh...

Date: October 30, 2015 05:27AM

fins72: In my younger days, I'd broken furniture and once even put my fist through a wall

Been there done that....I once broke a 42 inch tv. HD. In those day is cost me around 900......now they go for about 350-400.....but still.

I take it easier nowdays.....I even turned the tv off by halftime yesterday....High blood pressure all on...

Took a bath right before halftime. Right before i went to sleep.

Posted by: Flipperlord ()
Date: October 30, 2015 05:29AM

Meh sums it up now. Win? Cool Lose? Meh

Date: October 30, 2015 06:55AM

The only thing that's good about being my age (let's just say upper 50s) is that I remember the 70s when we routinely kicked the pats ass. I remember one year where Miami beat them something like 56-0 and that was with Griese being pulled once the score got of hand and Morrall going in and adding to the score, until finally they put their 3rd string lefty QB (a University of Tampa alum by the name of Jim Del Gaizo) who threw a couple of TDs himself. The best part of that game is that Miami didn't even need to cheat. Those were the good old days.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 30, 2015 06:56AM

Fins72 Wrote:
> The only thing that's good about being my age
> (let's just say upper 50s) is that I remember the
> 70s when we routinely kicked the pats ass. I
> remember one year where Miami beat them something
> like 56-0 and that was with Griese being pulled
> once the score got of hand and Morrall going in
> and adding to the score, until finally they put
> their 3rd string lefty QB (a University of Tampa
> alum by the name of Jim Del Gaizo) who threw a
> couple of TDs himself. The best part of that game
> is that Miami didn't even need to cheat. Those
> were the good old days.

I was there!!! It was 52-0.

Date: October 30, 2015 06:59AM

The Miami teams of the 70s were dynasties that won with class. That is a concept foreign to Bellichick and his cheating cabal.

Date: October 30, 2015 07:03AM

Fins72 Wrote:
> The Miami teams of the 70s were dynasties that won
> with class. That is a concept foreign to
> Bellichick and his cheating cabal.

That i agree with 100 percent.

The pats dynasty is always going to be clouded by the cheating and the deflategate etc.

Date: October 30, 2015 09:02AM

colonel Wrote:
> Our Wrs aren't bad at all IMO. Tannehill has the
> receivers to throw to this year. His selection of
> targets, when under pressure, falls way off. The
> first interception last night I thought he was
> thowing to Kenny Stills who got knocked down. The
> announcers thought he was throwing to Matthews (I
> think that's who it was) who apparently turned the
> wrong way. Tannehill's chemistry with his
> receivers is lacking. Did the two get together
> following the play to address the mistake? I
> don't know,but I seriously doubt it.

Landry was the only Dolphin on the field last night showing any fire or passion. On the other hand I did see a couple of plays where they(WR's) obviously gave up on routes WAY to early...BUT that could easily be lack of confidence in their QB...IDK...just a sad showing all around offensively, not a thing I can think of to say positive on that side of the ball.

Date: October 30, 2015 09:41AM

sickofit Wrote:
> Let's put aside Tannehill for a moment.
>
> This team did not come out with the swagger I saw
> in the last two games. Why is that? They were
> tired? Coaching? (I think it's because they knew
> they were going to lose.) Whatever the reason,
> they did not show up to win. They showed up to
> lose. The Dolphins are famous for this. And I am
> worried that even with the new coach they are
> still pulling this crap.
>
> Tannehill is not our biggest problem, but he is a
> problem. As I have said before everything has to
> be 100% perfect for him to perform well. And he
> has zero leadership qualities. I am quite frankly
> sick of seeing this kid smiling like an idiot and
> looking like a deer in the headlights 97% of the
> time during games. Isn't anyone else????
>
> And let me just point out also again that Suh
> continues to be a non-factor.

As much as I detest The Pats and belicheat......he is a good coach. Hes a guy that studies defense and offenses and puts his team in a position to win. Brady attacked our corners and was always ready to counter whatever we had. Same on defense. We were not prepared enough or able to rise to the occasion. The Pats have dominated the AFC for so long for a reason . They know what their strengths are and their weaknesses and other teams. They know how to attack them.

And be fair with SUH. He was getting double teamed all night constantly. The past two weeks Wake played and took advantage of his extra lineman. He was out before that and SUH was still getting double teamed but no one took advantage. He pulls the pressure but others need to take advantage . Wake is Gone. Vernon, Shelby or Fede better start making plays as well.

Tannehill is a great player/athlete. he just needs to start taking charge some. He needs to mentally take it to the next step. I think he is fully capable of it , but it needs to start now. He has only been under coach campbell for 2 weeks. 5 under the walking dead. Give it a few . This was the Patriots. Not the Browns. Relax.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: October 30, 2015 10:05AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 30, 2015 10:27AM

I had toe surgery the prior day to cut an in grown toenail. They stuck a long needle into about four places on my toe and cut the nail afterwards digging in at the bottom.

But the pain from this game was far worse.

What can I say? Like I said I came in in the third quarter when things were still in hand and the announcers were praising our defense but warning that our offense had to get going otherwise things were going to turn much worse and that is precisely what happened.

Perhaps this also coincided with Wake going out.

So even if we concede that if we still had Wake we would have a defense, our offensive line, WHICH SINCE 2008 AND JAKE LONG WE HAVE ALMOST DEVOTED EVERY DAMN DRAFT TO UPGRADING ....still sucks.

As far as Tanny and the receivers are concerned, I saw some nice things from both but then again, I saw some blown plays from both ends.

I remember a long ball by Tanny that was right on point and it was caught too! But then I saw some stupid interceptions he threw.

I saw some great plays by the receivers but I saw some drops too.

Inconsistent, inconsistent, inconsistent.

But I think the play designs for passing are a lot better than under Philbin.

The offensive line, again, was not doing its job completely.

The thing about great coaches and front offices like Shula and others is that they are able to go out and find those hungry guys who are bouncing around and never got a chance before and were able to have them come in and be stars.

I don't know. I hope that we go up from here but with Wake out...I don't know.

Maybe Campbell will get mad and bench some people and let some second and third stringers play.

It is the job of every bench player to be there TO TAKE THE JOB AWAY FROM EVERY STARTER (there is a commercial running wherein one NFL player talks about how he was mentored by someone else on the team when 'I was there to take his job.')

That's the way you get your starters to play with enthusiasm. Bench them so that they become scared that they have lost their job.

It seems to me that a lot of the guys are just "phoning it in."

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 30, 2015 11:39AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> I had toe surgery the prior day to cut an in grown
> toenail. They stuck a long needle into about four
> places on my toe and cut the nail afterwards
> digging in at the bottom.
>
> But the pain from this game was far worse.
>
> What can I say? Like I said I came in in the
> third quarter when things were still in hand and
> the announcers were praising our defense but
> warning that our offense had to get going
> otherwise things were going to turn much worse and
> that is precisely what happened.
>
> Perhaps this also coincided with Wake going out.
>
> So even if we concede that if we still had Wake we
> would have a defense, our offensive line, WHICH
> SINCE 2008 AND JAKE LONG WE HAVE ALMOST DEVOTED
> EVERY DAMN DRAFT TO UPGRADING ....still sucks.
>
> As far as Tanny and the receivers are concerned, I
> saw some nice things from both but then again, I
> saw some blown plays from both ends.
>
> I remember a long ball by Tanny that was right on
> point and it was caught too! But then I saw some
> stupid interceptions he threw.
>
> I saw some great plays by the receivers but I saw
> some drops too.
>
> Inconsistent, inconsistent, inconsistent.
>
>
> But I think the play designs for passing are a lot
> better than under Philbin.
>
> The offensive line, again, was not doing its job
> completely.
>
> The thing about great coaches and front offices
> like Shula and others is that they are able to go
> out and find those hungry guys who are bouncing
> around and never got a chance before and were able
> to have them come in and be stars.
>
> I don't know. I hope that we go up from here but
> with Wake out...I don't know.
>
> Maybe Campbell will get mad and bench some people
> and let some second and third stringers play.
>
> It is the job of every bench player to be there TO
> TAKE THE JOB AWAY FROM EVERY STARTER (there is a
> commercial running wherein one NFL player talks
> about how he was mentored by someone else on the
> team when 'I was there to take his job.')
>
> That's the way you get your starters to play with
> enthusiasm. Bench them so that they become scared
> that they have lost their job.
>
> It seems to me that a lot of the guys are just
> "phoning it in."

Chryen, as for your suggesting Campbell needs to bench some starters, the problem with that is there isn't much behind the starters. After watching Stills last night (drops a long one and is on the ground when the ball was intercepted) he maybe should be replaced with Parker. The problem with that is I read this morning where Parker is, once again, having a problem with his foot.

Date: October 30, 2015 11:55AM

Kick Lazor to the Curb. Pick a starter or two and MAKE AN EXAMPLE...Heck Yes bench somebody, said it earlier! The same ol Same ol...well, well, well...we can't make changes cause they MIGHT do worse is RIDICULOUS. HOW can we do WORSE than last night??? Thats how Philbin lost this team, tentative, maintaining the status quo and laughing it off after HORRID performances like last night. Many have said it, we NEED a culture change. What's Campbell got to lose??? Kick some A$$.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 30, 2015 12:47PM

I think once Al Saunders gets more familiar with the offense he'll start calling the plays. I really think he was brought in to faze out Lazor.

When we're in pass mode we should be doing it out of 2 te sets. An easy 10 yds is one te chipping and releasing.

Who gives a frog's fat a$$ if they know our formations. That's when you out physical them. It ain't brain surgery.

Date: October 30, 2015 02:10PM

jsm08 Wrote:
> I think once Al Saunders gets more familiar with
> the offense he'll start calling the plays. I
> really think he was brought in to faze out Lazor.
>
> When we're in pass mode we should be doing it out
> of 2 te sets. An easy 10 yds is one te chipping
> and releasing.
>
> Who gives a frog's fat a$$ if they know our
> formations. That's when you out physical them.
> It ain't brain surgery.

Thats how the Pats do it. I could call almost every play. Slot, tightend, slot. run. But they attack our weakness. Thier blocking is superb. On defense we seemed to to screen everything and then block terribly. The mis communication with that safety was just as bad as it gets.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: October 31, 2015 07:33AM

sickofit Wrote:
> Let's put aside Tannehill for a moment.
>
> This team did not come out with the swagger I saw
> in the last two games. Why is that? They were
> tired? Coaching? (I think it's because they knew
> they were going to lose.) Whatever the reason,
> they did not show up to win. They showed up to
> lose. The Dolphins are famous for this. And I am
> worried that even with the new coach they are
> still pulling this crap.
>
> Tannehill is not our biggest problem, but he is a
> problem. As I have said before everything has to
> be 100% perfect for him to perform well. And he
> has zero leadership qualities. I am quite frankly
> sick of seeing this kid smiling like an idiot and
> looking like a deer in the headlights 97% of the
> time during games. Isn't anyone else????
>
> And let me just point out also again that Suh
> continues to be a non-factor.

You can't "put Tannehill aside" for a bit when the QB is the most important player on the team for a reason.

You also can't say that Tannehill is a problem, but not the biggest problem, if you believe the QB is the most important position on the team.

The fact that this offense can't attack defenses vertically is all on the QB. He didn't even have the 'poor pass protection' excuse on Thursday, he had plenty of time. He just doesn't even look downfield. He doesn't look downfield because he knows he's not good at those throws. Then we get Lazor adapting his plays to "Suit Tannehill's strengths" and you see five WR's running 10-20 yard patterns with nobody running deep because those guys won't be targeted anyway.

But I think talk about his demeanor or leadership are overblown and missing the point. Eli doesn't yell, Eli looks indifferent most of the time, and Eli is a 2 SB MVP. He's a 2 SB MVP because he make all the throws, looks to take advantage of defenses deep whenever he can, and doesn't hold onto the ball and give up unnecessary sacks.

So with Tannehill it is about his personality. But not because he's not displaying "leadership". It's because he's not a gunslinger, go for the throat, make the big play personality. He's a play it safe, take the easy completion and hope that somebody else makes a play off a 5 or 10 yard pass.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 31, 2015 08:36AM

Posted by: sickofit ()
Date: October 31, 2015 08:39AM

Yes that's exactly right.

Date: October 31, 2015 08:43AM

"I'm referring to Drew Brees. He could lead us into the play offs."

Are you serious? At one time I could have believed it, but no more. He's getting old and his skills, not to mention that shoulder, are letting him and the Saints down.

Rick

Date: October 31, 2015 08:47AM

"They showed up to lose. The Dolphins are famous for this. And I am worried that even with the new coach they are still pulling this crap."

If true, then the problem isn't coaching. Weren't you one of those loudly calling for Philbin's head? So what do you suggest now?

Rick

Date: October 31, 2015 08:55AM

" Then we get Lazor adapting his plays to "Suit Tannehill's strengths" and you see five WR's running 10-20 yard patterns with nobody running deep because those guys won't be targeted anyway. "

While I generally agree, I can think of one play that they ran this week that might show other problems with our non-existent long passing game. Tannehill had plenty of time to throw a pass at 35-40 yards to Cameron on the right sideline, and the pass was perfectly thrown, but Cameron hadn't gotten any separation from the DB and that guy got his hand between Cameron's and knocked the ball away. Of course, it was Tannehill's fault.

Rick

Date: October 31, 2015 09:01AM

Last time I broke an ottoman Mike Kolen missed knocking down a pass from a falling Kenny Stabler in the endzone to give up the winning catch to the damn Raiders in the 1974 playoff game. I take things easier nowadays. I do hold a grudge, though, I still hate the damn Raiders.

Rick

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.