HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Anyone else feel this way?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Anyone else feel this way?
Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: October 29, 2015 08:51AM

I'm more nervous and excited about tonights game than any game I can remember in recent years.

Its almost like this game is the determining factor of our team. So many things on the line in a game so early in the season. Our playoff chances, our coaches job, and public opinion are all on the line tonight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone else feel this way?
Posted by: RSHphins ()
Date: October 29, 2015 09:01AM

I feel you. Yes this is one of the most exciting games i can remember in recent years.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 29, 2015 09:09AM

Looking forward to the game but not getting my hopes up.

Just want my guys to play inspired football. A win would be icing on the cake.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 29, 2015 09:15AM

Definitely nervous, because I'm still not sure how good a football team we really are. This game is the real test. If we win, then we have a VERY good chance of making the playoffs...which would be an extremely rare occurrence under an interim coach!

One thing that has me encouraged is that I think talent-wise we're quite good (Hickey has done a very good job). Perhaps we really WERE a HC away from being a playoff team! I'm happy to see that happen sooner rather than later.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 29, 2015 09:24AM

Concerned about our secondary. Brent Grimes and Reshad Jones and not much beyond that. I'd feel better if we had at least one more good d back.

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: October 29, 2015 09:51AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Definitely nervous, because I'm still not sure how
> good a football team we really are. This game is
> the real test. If we win, then we have a VERY
> good chance of making the playoffs...which would
> be an extremely rare occurrence under an interim
> coach!
>
> One thing that has me encouraged is that I think
> talent-wise we're quite good (Hickey has done a
> very good job). Perhaps we really WERE a HC away
> from being a playoff team! I'm happy to see that
> happen sooner rather than later.

Agreed. If we get blown out by NE and find out The last 2 wins were just mirage then the season is lost. We are also 0-2 in the AFC east (both home games) Miami probably needs to be 3-3 in the AFC east to have a chance of making the playoffs.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 29, 2015 10:03AM

This is our Superbowel. I'm sick of reading that NE has already locked up the AFC East. I'm counting down to kick-off. Got a bag of Doritos, guacamole dip and, instead of beer I'll be sipping Ron Zacapa 23.
I'm excited.
If Philbin was still here he'd be playing scared and therefore defensive. Campbell is a competitor, he'll be playing aggressive. The team is fired up.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: October 29, 2015 10:27AM

I really want to see this game. Of course I want them to win and win big, but I really want to see them give NE fits.
If the Dolphins would lose in the last few seconds by a FG, I would be upset but I would be able to believe that they are a competitor this year and I won't have to wait until next year, yet again.

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: October 29, 2015 10:37AM

I hope this isn't our Super Bowl. I holding out hope for a playoff berth and playoff run.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 29, 2015 02:00PM

I don't think this is our super bowl. I do think it goes a long way as to what kind of team we really have.

Were we teased these last two weeks or are we legit.

I say the latter. Regis would have these guys so uptight coming into this game. I think Campbell realizes were big underdogs with nothing to lose. The pats can be run on. I think the game hinges on that.

If we can get the ground game going someone else mentioned parker and I agree. You run play action and show off our #1 pick tonight.

I want to see Stoneburner, Cameron and Sims all active. I want to see them on the field at the same time.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 29, 2015 02:16PM

There's nervous energy in the air. I've felt a little unsettled all day watching the clock. Really looking forward to the game.

The challenge for Dan Campbell and the players is not to be overwhelmed by Gillette Stadium, the NE fans, and the Patriots. The Dolphins can let it fly--everything to gain and nothing to lose. Being the underdog, few expect the Dolphins to win, especially at NE.

The Dolphins are in the "Rocky" mode. I believe they can make it extremely difficult for the Patriots to win. I've said it before--I want to give them black eyes, a bloody nose, and a fat lip. Make the Patriots scrap for every yard--don't make scoring easy, and stay with them punch for punch, toe to toe.

Deep down, I do believe they can make them say, "who are these guys." We need to keep coming at them....

Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: October 29, 2015 02:56PM

FootballGod Wrote:
> I'm more nervous and excited about tonights game
> than any game I can remember in recent years.
>

Amen, I'm right there with you on this. I obviously want us to win, and win big, but if we lose I won't be like "they suck" as long as its close and competitive. I know there isn't room for moral victories in the NFL, but at the same time I'm a realist. We will need to play an absolutely perfect game and for New England to play less than perfect.

Can it be done? Sure. Do I want it to happen? ABSOLUTELY!, however I know that is a tough task, especially in NE. I just don't want us to be embarrassed.

LET'S GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 29, 2015 03:12PM

More excited than I've been in a while...the Brady train HAS to end soon, God I hope it's tonight!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 29, 2015 06:30PM

What a letdown

Date: October 29, 2015 06:36PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> What a letdown

Amen.

Date: October 29, 2015 06:36PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> What a letdown

Amen.

Posted by: angryseasphins ()
Date: October 29, 2015 06:55PM

Honestly pretty predicatble outcome. we were outmatched outgunned plain and simple. We all knew that coming in. Cry cheatriots all you want if it makes you feel better but they own the league(trust me that is more painful than you can imagine for me to admit). As I told my 10 year old son who I sucked into our misery " they obviously practice better, prepare better, and play harder than the rest of the league". I for the life of me not figure out how they do it but they do it. Every team is full of the best of the best but they make it look like they are playing a different game than the rest of the league. As frustrated as I am the encouraging thing was I didnt see us as flat just JV playing against varsity. Was really hoping to enjoy the game to the end but had to count on the rum and cokes to take away the pain way too early. Just hope we are still in the outside playoff picture end of november as my bruins aren't doing anything to alleviate my agony.

Date: October 30, 2015 03:33AM

our d came to play. they kept getting handed a shit sandwich by the O and held their own.

Disappointed Lazor gave up on the run so early.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 30, 2015 03:58AM

Defense went toe to toe in the first half after looking bad on that first drive. I like that the DC (imo) made adjustments during the half and did not wait for halftime.

Offense never got into a rythmn. Tanne Miller both had bad games. We need a fullback and need to stop having the rb line up deep on 3rd and short. Might as well have Tanne try to throw a long ball in that situation. The defense already knows the play.

Coach Campbell met coach Cheat last night and Cheat bested him. Cheat threw some stuff out there I think the Phins did not see on film. Clearing the middle of the field on that Dion Jordan td pass in the first half was a good call as well as the deep handoff on 3rd and 8 in the first half.

I still have faith in this coaching staff and want to see more of what they have. Hopefully they will learn some things from this game and adjust.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: October 30, 2015 05:04AM

They sucked us in again.... They got us all excited and we started to believe again, then the reality bomb dropped...

Date: October 30, 2015 05:09AM

the reality bomb is that in big games our QB disappears.

Date: October 30, 2015 05:26AM

SouthFlPhinFan Wrote:
> They sucked us in again.... They got us all
> excited and we started to believe again, then the
> reality bomb dropped...

As someone put it on this board years ago in an EPIC rant...(The Dolphins) are a Lucy, forever snatching the ball away just as the Charlie Brown fan BELIEVES he will FINALLY get to kick it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.