HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins @ Jacksonville
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Dolphins @ Jacksonville
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 20, 2015 02:26PM

how is tanny not looking for landry on that last play?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 20, 2015 02:26PM

Horrible, stupid loss. Philbin needs to go. he just can't prepare this team. No running game, Defense digging a hole then making bonehead penalties. Jenkins and Grimes the only decent defensive players. OLine still terrible

Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: September 20, 2015 02:27PM

This team is so frustrating/disappointing.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 20, 2015 02:29PM

his is not even a .500 team this season.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 20, 2015 02:30PM

Game's over now. We lost. Can't believe Jarvis Landry would field that punt at the 7 yard line that was coming to him faster than a speeding bullet.

COME ON NOW!

What were the chances that that ball WOULDN'T GO INTO THE ENDZONE AND WE GET THE BALL AT THE 20 YARD LINE INSTEAD OF THE 7.

But instead, we fail to convert. They get the ball and kick the field goal and we are not left with enough time to come back.

His good performance against Washington must have gone to his head and he thinks he's Superman!

This lost is squarely on him just as much as last week's win was BECAUSE OF HIM.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 20, 2015 02:31PM

Same old story--different year. We continue to fall short. Too many penalties hurt; questionable defensive plays and offensive play calling, and when it counts the most, no clutch play and no execution.

With 40 seconds left and the score at 23-20 the game was over for us.

The O-line is lousy. Our linebackers are not very good and our secondary is quite inconsistent. We are again a mediocre team despite player changes which should have made us better. sad smiley

Date: September 20, 2015 02:33PM

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What did we have, over 100 yards in penalties?

I think the refs were one-sided on the penalty calls. I saw so much holding by the Jags you think that they were Janis Joplin's Big Brother and the HOLDING Company.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 20, 2015 02:38PM

No, this loss isn't Landry's fault by any means Chyren. He had over 100 yards receiving, you can't expect him to be the hero every week. Other players need to step up, too. On both sides of the ball.

This O-line and defense played some of the worst football I've ever seen. It was hideous to watch.

***edit*** And this coaching staff? They wouldn't be able to do shit in a neighborhood game in my back yard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2015 02:45PM by 808phan.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 20, 2015 02:47PM

Say what you want about Ross, he's put his money where his mouth is and he's gotten precious little in return. I can't imagine he's happy with the product on the field. I've wanted to believe that Philbin could get the job done, but it's fairly obvious that the game is too big for him. Keeping Coyle didn't help and was a huge mistake in my opinion. He's shown me absolutely nothing that makes me think that he is anything more than a below average coordinator. Time to clean house and start over. Another lost year.

Date: September 20, 2015 02:52PM

Well, 808, I'm not blaming the whole loss on him. If other parts of the team and game had been clicking that one mistake would not have mattered. In fact, I didn't realize it was Landry until I checked out nfl.com. But I guess I should have known.

It just grates me to see things occur that they drilled into us was a NO-NO in junior high school circa 1960-1963. If you're returning a punt and you're inside the 10 yard line, let bullets go into the endzone and only catch those punts that are ballons and high up and are dropping from the sky.

The bullets will go into the endzone, the balloons need to be caught because they can be allowed by the defense to roll and be downed inside the one yard line.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 20, 2015 02:53PM

Cleaning house and starting over gets us nowhere except another 3-5 years in the cellar...better to stay the course (except for Coyle because he'd have been gone already if I was calling the shots) and add more talent.

Date: September 20, 2015 02:56PM

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 20, 2015 02:57PM

This team will be lucky to get to .500, 2 of the worst teams in the NFL and the Dolphins looked overmatched. First half performance shows that Philbin and staff are unable to pre-prepare for teams. They do seem to adjust well in the second half though....but discipline in the players is also an issue (over 100 yards in penalties? come on, man). The talent on the defense is not there at the second and third tiers. The offense has been exposed as extremely overrated, although I do like Landry and Cameron(waiting for him to get injured though).

Date: September 20, 2015 03:07PM

Tannehill ended up with descent numbers but, he still seems to make some poor decisions in in clutch time.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 20, 2015 03:10PM

Both lines were outplayed, No running game, our secondary looks bad. Tannehill should have had 400+ against a bad secondary. He missed 3-4 wide open targets badly, and still doesn't know when to take off and run for a first down like Russell Wilson . Makes a difference in close games.

Posted by: Dolphacolyte ()
Date: September 20, 2015 03:21PM

Gentlemen this one should be of no surprise for all of us. Figure we are accustomed to that. A QB that throws for 359 yards and has more rushes than the ones who are supposed to do that. Blast me all you want. Before it's too late. Time to fetch Ray Rice before Cleveland does or even the Ravens want him back. Honestly after watching how Joe Flacco is doing all these Jay Cutler imitations. Guess you saw today that Raiders int at the end. Get rid of Miller and Williams for they will be forever in suspended animation. Saw that in the first game. Even worst this one around. Where are Ahmad Bradshaw or Pierre Thomas Jr. How much with a trade with the Cardinals for Chris Johnson. Man, I'd rather have also Mike Vick. He surely knows how to run.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 20, 2015 03:27PM

Knowshon knows the offense. The limited action he saw he looked like 10x the back Miller is.

Date: September 20, 2015 03:32PM

But folks, on the even side. Sure, Jax made some tremendously stupid plays of which we failed to take advantage but on the other hand, they made some fantastic plays.

The refs however, were unrelenting on us in the second half. I still think they are all paid off by New England and that The Commish and Robert Kraft are in bed together (despite deflategate) and that the priority of the refs is to make all calls against the Patsies 3 AFC East opponents no matter who they play.

Honestly.

Date: September 21, 2015 04:00AM

Why was Wake on the bench so much? He wasn't hurt was he? Maybe he was being punished for something.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 21, 2015 04:26AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why was Wake on the bench so much? He wasn't hurt
> was he? Maybe he was being punished for something.

He had some kind of injury last week.

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.