HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Game 1: Miami @ Washington
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Game 1: Miami @ Washington
Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: September 13, 2015 10:02AM

All 3 LBs looked like dog crap on that 6yrd run.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 13, 2015 10:06AM

WOW, a penalty and it wasn't against us

Date: September 13, 2015 10:10AM

I'm thinking that the geeks at Harvard that had us going to the SB didn't do us any favors.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 13, 2015 10:13AM

Hooligan, nothing Harvard says can be wrong. I'll forgive you for this one. LOL.

Date: September 13, 2015 10:15AM

OMG. tanny almost threw it right to him.

Date: September 13, 2015 10:39AM

Wow, hell of a pick!!!

Posted by: Jack Burton ()
Date: September 13, 2015 10:39AM

Man, what a catch!

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 13, 2015 10:45AM

Whoa! Took a nap and woke up to a pleasant surprise smiling smiley. This is more like it!

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 13, 2015 10:53AM

Well hell I know it's the Redskins with a backup QB but a wins a win! Come on don't blow it!!!

Posted by: Jack Burton ()
Date: September 13, 2015 11:00AM

Well it wasn't what we expected but it's a win

Date: September 13, 2015 11:10AM

The rain picked up and I missed the last TD. Was it offensive or defensive?

Date: September 13, 2015 11:13AM

1-0 I'll take it!

Let's hope Jones' hammy and Dion's concussion aren't an issue for them going forward.

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: September 13, 2015 11:14AM

An ugly first half except the 2 minute offense. Its only week 1, we avoided the upset. The defensive played much better in the 2nd half and with a little over 2 minute remaining with offense holding the ball the dolphins offense was finally able to get a couple first downs to finish the game, which what cost a bunch of winnable games last year.

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: September 13, 2015 11:14AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The rain picked up and I missed the last TD. Was
> it offensive or defensive?

69 yard Landry punt return.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2015 11:15AM by dgoodhue.

Date: September 13, 2015 11:17AM

Thanks

Date: September 13, 2015 11:19AM

4 way tie for 1st in the AFC east. Buffalo is for real.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 13, 2015 11:24AM

Missed the game, but only 17 points...and 7 came on special teams? Just 10 points by the offense the entire game? That's sad. Hope they're (much) better next week.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 13, 2015 11:50AM

tannehill looked the same as last year. made some nice throw and missed some easy ones. he was luck on the 2 dropped ints. one had pick six written all over it.

he had time to throw and just threw it poorly. that won't fly against a real D.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 13, 2015 12:14PM

Defense & ST gives us the win. Offense too many missed red zone opportunities. Where was Parker? RB other than Miller? Brice mccain& Landry with big plays. RT some huge misses of open guys

we could easily start 6-1, or 4-3/3-4. Matthews looked good

Date: September 13, 2015 12:15PM

MVP is Jarvis Landry without a doubt.

Date: September 13, 2015 12:55PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> MVP is Jarvis Landry without a doubt.

No doubt. Jones deserves honorable mention.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 13, 2015 01:09PM

The Redskins were way more physical today. Thats the difference. We expected this game to be easy and it was not... We got away with one today because we were the better team. That wont work every week and we'd better get our act together quickly. Hopefully it was just week one rust.

One thing for sure we'd better not play like this against any of the teams in our division.

Date: September 13, 2015 01:13PM

maybe this serves as a wakeup call. they read the clippings and came in expecting to win.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: September 14, 2015 04:24AM

Wow. Talking about jumping ship. LOL

I was pissed at times yesterday as well because I expected more.

The thing is, NFL teams change so much from one year to the next that you just never know what you're going to get.

I knew Washington would be improved. Scot McCloughan is the best GM in the NFL. He brought in some nice talent.

What I didn't expect was for their o-line to man handle our defensive line. Suh was getting cut blocked on every play. Sounds like he may face a suspension for kicking Morris in the head. I was not aware at the time but I will re-watch it tonight.

EDIT: just watched video...incidental. Nothing to see here.

I'm not going to freak out just yet. It was a road WIN against a team that no one has any idea about. We were flat and hopefully it was a wake up call to not buy into the hype.

I can't believe people are already jumping ship on Tannehill after a slow start. 93 QB rating??? but you know what? Andrew Luck had a 63 and a L.

Zach Vigil and Kelvin Sheppard split snaps at MLB. They were pretty much equal in performance. That's good for the UFA rookie. Not so much for the 5th year vet who got starter reps all off season. Neither were good enough.

Dallas Thomas gave up 2 sacks. Pouncey gave up 1 in a bull rush. Douglas needs to get much better real fast.

Great play by Brice McCain, Brent Grimes, Jordan Cameron and Jarvis Landry, Koa Misi, Reshad Jones.

NFL Leaders in tackles after one game....#1 Reshad Jones, #3 Jelaney Jenkins, #4 Koa Misi.

Not good when your safety leads the team in tackles.

They have work to do this week but tough road win. I'll take it. This was a game that we don't win last year. Count your blessings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2015 04:30AM by JoeFootball.

Date: September 14, 2015 07:35AM

the one positive from yesterday was the offense finished the game on the field. they got first down and ran out the clock.

other than that same shit different year.

i don't buy into the rah rah crap that the coach needs to fire his team up. maybe in college but not with professionals. jarvis landry and rashad jones seemed plenty fired up. what i do buy into is the staff putting together a competent gameplan to attack the other team.

we came out in base vanilla d way off the ball. i watched their line getting to the second level consistently. i didn't see that in the bills game. they crowd the line and dictated what luck would do. we were fortunate to be playing against cousins.

as much as i've defended philbin he needs to grow a sack and coach like this is his last year because more of that, no matter the record, and it will be.

We could very well start out 6-0/5-1 and still finish 8-8. With gameplans like yesterday I'd say that's a safe bet.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 14, 2015 08:02AM

"Dallas Thomas gave up 2 sacks. Pouncey gave up 1 in a bull rush. Douglas needs to get much better real fast. "

2 Sacks should go to Pouncey. on that Tanne fumble the skins stunted on the left side Pouncey went to help out on the right side where none was needed. The tackle came in the gap that Pouncey left.
Thomas is confronted w/ 2 defenders and is overwhelmed. Pouncey is still terrible at recognizing stunts and calling defenses.

Date: September 14, 2015 08:32AM

It didn't look like that was Pouncey's assignment. He ended up blocking Paea one on one. He was already engaged before the stunt which was way too far to get involved in. His responsibility is the "A" gaps. He has to block those and that's where Paea went for...

It was a stunt between DE Hatcher and OLB Preston Smith. Hatcher was lined up in a 3 technique between Thomas and Albert. Smith was wider to the outside of Albert but ran right at Dallas Thomas in the "B" gap. Hatcher pulled up and went after Albert in the same gap.

Albert whiffed on his block after getting knocked back. Thomas was put on his ass. How is Pouncey supposed to help when the OLB hits the "B" gap between the guard and tackle?

This was a bad play by Albert and Thomas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2015 08:42AM by JoeFootball.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: September 14, 2015 12:34PM

This game is a good example of why I had posted (earlier) that I can't get excited about our Fins.

Some of you guys were having a hard time understanding why I felt that way, especially with the possibility that this is the best team Miami has fielded in a long time.

The 'Skins ran the ball right down the throat of our "supposed" elite front four. Our offense looked off in all areas of the game. This is exactly what I continue to see year after year. The only thing that was different was the team finally ran a punt in for a TD.

Granted, this is Miami's first game. Hopefully, they can straighten things our and start playing solid football. The defense is where I am most disappointed. They have to get their act together, fast.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 14, 2015 01:09PM

JoeFootball Wrote:
> It didn't look like that was Pouncey's assignment.
> He ended up blocking Paea one on one. He was
> already engaged before the stunt which was way too
> far to get involved in. His responsibility is the
> "A" gaps. He has to block those and that's where
> Paea went for...
>
> It was a stunt between DE Hatcher and OLB Preston
> Smith. Hatcher was lined up in a 3 technique
> between Thomas and Albert. Smith was wider to the
> outside of Albert but ran right at Dallas Thomas
> in the "B" gap. Hatcher pulled up and went after
> Albert in the same gap.
>
> Albert whiffed on his block after getting knocked
> back. Thomas was put on his ass. How is Pouncey
> supposed to help when the OLB hits the "B" gap
> between the guard and tackle?
>
> This was a bad play by Albert and Thomas.

The DE spreaded wide to Alberts L outside as if he was going around him and took a straight angle towards the guard. Albert looking for the out move was totaly out of position to do anything. If Pouncey turns to the left to support he and Thomas would have controlled that rush. Assistance was not neccessary on the right side.

I hope its on youtube

New England does that same stunt. I remember that got Incognito w/ it on the left and in the same game ran it to the right both for sacks. Im sure defensive coordinators see that in the films.

Date: September 14, 2015 02:52PM

Yes. Pounce could have saved Thomas and Albert's ass for their missed assignments if he wasn't trying to help out a rookie RG....which was probably as instructed.

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.