HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Camp developments
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Camp developments
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: June 18, 2015 05:09AM

practice against the Panthers (8-19 & 8-20) in Carolina before the preseason game on 8-22-15. BTW....Jonathan Martin is the 2nd team LT for Carolina.

Carolina plays Buffalo (and Richie Incognito) in week 1 of preseason. I bet he is having a nervous breakdown about the thought of running into him. Will probably hide in the locker room until game time.

(update) no Martin matchup. I'm sure that's a great relief to Cameron Wake.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2015 12:53PM by JoeFootball.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: One week until camp breaks...
Date: July 22, 2015 03:03AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: July 22, 2015 05:58AM

I wonder if Incog and Martin have talked at all since the fallout, wouldn't surprise me if they have

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: July 23, 2015 10:23AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Sunday, October 4 New York Jets (London - 9:30am
> EST)
>
> 9:30 am will be very different for us east coast
> people!

How 'bout 6:30am for us west coast phans?!

Date: July 24, 2015 02:27AM

socalphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JoeFootball Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Sunday, October 4 New York Jets (London -
> 9:30am
> > EST)
> >
> > 9:30 am will be very different for us east
> coast
> > people!
>
> How 'bout 6:30am for us west coast phans?!

LOL. I forgot about you guys. Don't party too hard on Saturday! That would be so weird. Pretty big rush that early in the morning. Beer and pancakes?

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 24, 2015 10:54AM

9:30 am, just means egg benedicst, bloody mary's maybe a mimosa or 2... Sounds like a good time to me.... Not sure about dealing with the wifey and kids in the midst of it all though....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: July 24, 2015 01:01PM

Bloody Mary is a great idea.

@AbramsonPBP

Recap of #Dolphins 2014 season -- and a look-ahead to 2015 season -- will air on NFL Network Sunday at 8:30 p.m. ET

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: July 26, 2015 12:01PM

The hell with that. Set your DVRs and sleep in!

Rick

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: July 26, 2015 12:03PM

Such a reaction would just verify my opinion of this guy.

On another note, I'm sick of bas-shit-ball, soccer, tennis, extreme sports, and all that other crap. Lets get this thing moving!

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2015 12:27PM by dolphan4545.

Re: Camp is officially open!!!
Date: July 29, 2015 03:48AM

I think today is just reporting day. Weigh in, a few meetings, meet with trainers, etc.

With the new rules here is what should take place over the next few weeks....

No two a day practices.

Compensation:

Vets~ $1700/wk

Rookies~ $925/wk

Day 1: Physicals, Testing, Meetings (no on-field activities except running and conditioning)

Day 2: No pads and no contact

Day 3: No pads and no contact

Day 4 through end of camp:

1 padded practice for no more than 3 hours + 1 walk through

3 hours between practices

4 hours total on the field

A padded practice that goes more than 60 minutes and is then cancelled counts as a full practice

25 Days from release to file an injury grievance

Mandatory days off: 1 in every 7 days, at least 5 days off during camp

HGH Population Study blood sample to be done during Training camp Date TBD

Looks like no pads until Saturday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2015 03:50AM by JoeFootball.

Date: July 29, 2015 05:09AM

Which young player steps up and overachieves this year? UFA to make the team or young guy/low draft pick to start?

I am going with Tony Lippett as a 5th rounder to push for game time and Zach Vigil as the UFA to make the team.

Possibly Jordan Tripp to earn a starting spot.

Date: July 29, 2015 05:19AM

Date: July 29, 2015 05:53AM

Date: July 31, 2015 03:39AM

Love the fact that Jordan Phillips was working out with Suh during the off season. The guy has great physical skills. Suh can provide the necessary push/motivation he may need to step his game up and utilize that talent. How much more fortunate can you be as a rookie, to have Ndamukong Suh take you under his wing?

The negatives on him coming out of the draft were work ethic, inexperience and back injury. I just don't see him not working hard with Suh (and Wake and Vernon) there to motivate him. He can see first hand what hard work will get you....($114 million). What more motivation do you need?

This was a surprise pick in April with everyone looking for a LG but it may pay off big time.

Date: July 31, 2015 08:06AM

Jay Ajayi hurt today...arm, elbow or shoulder

Re: Camp developments
Date: August 02, 2015 01:03PM

Looks like Jamil Douglas has been more impressive in his three days of camp than Dallas Thomas has been for three years.

Jamar Taylor is getting bested by Brice McCain for the outside corner spot. Will Davis struggling with knee. Same ole story for these two.

Red zone offense looks improved with Cameron AND Sims. Landry looks better than ever. This kid may be a star.

Jordan Trip has gained 15 lbs and is working in with the first group. Lots of mixing in for the first unit LB's as well as Sheppard and Zach Vigil. Mike Hill even got snaps with first team at the weak side.

Jay Ajayi is looking good, natural catcher.

Lippett is working with second team with Will Davis in and out of lineup. Bobby McCain has a nose for the ball.

Tannehill seems to have taken a step with overall leadership. Team chemistry seems good.

Even Joe Philbin's attitude and approach seems to have evolved. He seems looser and is talking championship. That's a huge difference from the "day to day"/improving bla bla attitude. I like it.

On the other side:

O-line is struggling in pass pro. Shocker. I see an Evan Mathis spotting in the near future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2015 01:06PM by JoeFootball.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 02, 2015 01:54PM

Date: August 03, 2015 02:54AM

I know you did but look at the players who he was reluctant to play. They were not ready (and in most cases) are still not ready to play....or just not good enough.

Jamar Taylor, Dion Jordan, Dallas Thomas...

Ryan Tannehill started from day one when most said he should sit for a year behind Matt Moore.

JaWaun James started from day one.

Jarvis Landry started as a rookie.

Olivier Vernon played relatively early.

Sturgis played as a rookie from day one.

Jonathan Martin started day one. He was probably not even ready but played because of lack of talent behind him.

Undrafted FA's..

Damien Williams played as a rookie. Josh Samuda, Derrick Shelby, Anthony Johnson was in the rotation last year.

Come to think of it, who exactly were the players that you thought should have played and didn't? Jelaney Jenkins? He is the only one I can even think of and no way that was happening with two high priced FA's in front of him.

Looks to me like the players will be played if they are ready.

@OmarKelly

Got to give Joe Philbin and his staff credit because they aren't wasting time. If you don't practice well you move down the depth chart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2015 03:40AM by JoeFootball.

Date: August 03, 2015 03:31AM

Did you guys see this tweet?

Chris Perkins
?
Wake blows by Ja'Wuan James in drill. Then Suh gets by Turner. Then Jordan Phillips knocks Pouncey on his ass. Wow!

I hope this guy tears it up and earns the starting spot next to Suh.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 03, 2015 04:01AM

Yes jamil douglas has been really impressive in shorts and almost no contact.

Impressive.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 03, 2015 06:31AM

I did not like the Phillips pick but am changing my mind quickly. Rookie is out there putting our best interior olineman on his ***. Somethings got that kid motivated. Im not screaming for Mathis yet. I don't think he would have any success handling Suh.

Date: August 03, 2015 06:49AM

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 03, 2015 08:54AM

Nope did not read that article thanks for posting. Sounds like the kid has his head on straight.

Date: August 03, 2015 02:32PM

@JamesWalkerNFL

It's early but @T_Fede is getting to a point where second-teamers can't block him. That's a sign Fede is ready to make a jump. #Dolphins

As I said on @TheFinsiders, my two early sleepers after four days of camp are @LaMichaelJames and @T_Fede. Both have flashed consistently.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: August 04, 2015 06:10AM

that's great considering wake's cap hit next year and Vernon's contract status.

if Jordan phillips steps up I wouldn't be surprised if Earl Mitchell gets cut. Not sure what the cap ramifications would be though.

Date: August 04, 2015 08:54AM

Mitchell is fully guaranteed this year and 1 mil into next year.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: August 05, 2015 10:39AM

All this news is great, however, CB and OG are still problem areas.

We can't judge these guys by what Suh is doing to them, although, in the AFC East, there are terrors on the D side of the ball our guys are gonna have to contend with.

To me, the number one problem that needs to get fixed ASAP, is OG. All the weapons at RT's disposal won't mean a thing if our line (still) can't block.

Some here have mentioned that it is time to sign Mathis, but hopefully he will come down on his asking price. Saying that, if he does come down on his price, it is a guarantee that there will be quite a few teams contacting him, and he will choose his best chance of getting to a championship. Would Miami be that team?

Date: August 06, 2015 04:10AM

I am not nearly as worried about CB. Can't be much worse than when we had Finnegan and Wilson.

Mathis is going to the highest bidder. He already showed his hand in Philly. For him it's about the $$$$$$$$$$

Whoever offers the most guaranteed money gets him. He's thinking about his future. Unfortunately for him, not very clearly.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 07, 2015 03:04AM

Ill be at the practice vs the Panthers, if anybody is going.

We can meet up.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: August 08, 2015 01:21PM

Well, gentlemen, the first camp in pads in over and done with and Miami's main problem still is...OG!

Granted, Suh is killing Turner, but I have a feeling any lineman that Miami puts in there (who is presently on the team) will get blasted by Suh. EXPERIENCE is the only thing that will slow Suh and solidify this line.

If not Mathis, then who? Who is available right now (besides Jake Long)? Will Miami wait until cutdowns before signing someone?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.