HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Of course, Pete Carroll will be fired but
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Of course, Pete Carroll will be fired but
Posted by: KB ()
Date: February 03, 2015 11:53AM

I really don't see how you can say a quick slant rifled over the middle when the D Line is stacked into the middle for a run is 'Not exactly a high turnover percentage pass'. I mean your throwing a hard, short pass into a crowd. In the middle of the field against a regular defensive set maybe but NOT in that situation.

If Lynch makes three runs between the has marks and gets stopped then the other team deserves it. OR, WHERE may I ask was the vaunted read option??? The line is stacked and you like a quick in pass better than a Wilson/Lynch read option??? OR at least roll out one of the most elusive mobile QB's in the game and then let him look for a throw.

IDK Carrolls explanation that it was meant to be 'a wasted play'(I am assuming he meant to waste the remaining time) just doesn't hold water. If it's caught and its a TD then you've wasted nothing, if its incomplete, the clock stops. I think somebody in Las Vegas made that call spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 03, 2015 12:16PM

I agree KB. On all points. I had not posted it but I TOO was wondering that if you're going to try to catch them with their pants down by passing, why not do a read option?

The advantage of that OVER WHAT THEY ACTUALLY DID was that if the reception was wide open, you throw it, if it's not, you throw it into the cheap seats or..... if you see the path open THEN RUSSELL RUNS IT IN HIMSELF.

And remember, the guy jumped the route. That is always the surprise play because by so doing the defender USUALLY IS gambling because UNLIKE AT MIDFIELD where jumping the route can be a disaster if you DON'T make the interception, at this point selling out for the interception is the only RATIONAL CHOICE.

Think about it. If the guy catches the ball either at the one or in the endzone there is NO WAY that is NOT going to be a touchdown. His momentum alone is going to make him force you and him back into the endzone.

So going for the intercept is the only thing that does make sense, besides a bat-down, defensively when you know that the pass is coming and you're defending it from the endzone and the line of scrimmage is the one yard line. And you do the batdown when you have no shot at the intercept and that is the best you can do.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: February 03, 2015 12:30PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Took his team to back to back SBs. Yeah, we don't
> want nothing like that around here.

And a couple of championships while at USC.

Why are posters here against bring in Carroll?

Date: February 03, 2015 12:32PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Hooligan2 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Took his team to back to back SBs. Yeah, we
> don't
> > want nothing like that around here.
>
> As a Dolphin fan sitting here this morning, I
> betcha both me and almost every other Dolphin fan
> feels a helluva lot better than the average
> Seahawk fan does this morning.
>
> That is my comeback. Rather not be in there at
> all than to lose like that...or give it away like
> that to be more precise.

Really, Chryen?

You gonna tell me if the Fins get to the Super Bowl next year and lose like the Seahawks did, that you would rather Miami not have been there?

Date: February 03, 2015 12:35PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> jsm08 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > that's a losers' mentality.
>
> LOL. LOL. LOL. Just WHO do you think feels like
> LOSERS TODAY!!!??????
>
> Seattle (and their fans) or the OTHER 30 teams in
> the NFL? (Obviously the Patsies are winners).
>
> Do you really think Seattle fans don't feel like
> losers? LOL.
>
> And Come On! No one is saying don't try to go to
> the SuperBowl! I'm just saying that in that and
> every other game, don't throw away a win with a
> stupid decision.
>
> JSM08, don't let your dislike of me overrule your
> common sense and have you making not too
> intelligent posts.

I highly doubt Seattle fans feel like "losers." They lost the game, granted, but losers?

I've heard some explanations as to why a pass was called in that situation, and I can understand why they did it, however....I still would have given it to Marshawn.

Date: February 03, 2015 01:00PM

Cap, let me explain the way I feel about it. Let's take our first SuperBowl, Roger Staubach and the Cowboys dominated us. I remember where they had Griese (as the commentators put it) revert back to the scrambler that Shula had broken him from being. That 30 yard back scramble and sack.

Next, let's take our loss to John Riggins and the Redskins when I was sitting in the stands of the Rose Bowl and we came within a Joe Theismann grab on the arm of Kim Bokamper in the endzone to stop us from winning that one.

Next, I was in Stanford stadium with my best buddy, a 49er Fan from college who lived in SF when it started out like Dan Marino was going to blow them out and the 49ers ended up killing us.

So I've been on the side of a SuperBowl loss or two or three.

And I can say without hesitation that I NOW FEEL WORSE for the Seahawks than I ever did after any one of those games. And I can IMAGINE how the Seahawk fans feel. And I'll bet that the Seahawk fans want him fired.

And I have never seen such UNIVERSAL condemnation of a coach in my life.

Date: February 03, 2015 01:54PM

And I acknowledge the old saying that it is better to have love and lost than not have loved at all. and I think it applies to almost every OTHER SuperBowl loss EXCEPT THIS ONE.

Posted by: angryseasphins ()
Date: February 03, 2015 02:27PM

First pete carroll aint going anywhere to think otherwise is crazy. Secondly i would defintely take losing a heartbreaker in next years SB over what we have been doing for the last however many years> If for no other reason than it would mean the pats are on the couch watching instead of playing(would be even sweeter if we are the ones who put them on that couch). But i will just take being a legitimate playoff team to start with please. Oh well there is always hockey season.

Date: February 03, 2015 02:55PM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: February 03, 2015 04:36PM

The play should have been a fake to Lynch and hand it to another runner or Wilson keeps it.

Signed,
Coach JC

Date: February 03, 2015 05:19PM

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: February 04, 2015 06:27AM

LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2015 06:32AM by JoeFootball.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.