HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Next Draft
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Next Draft
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 02, 2015 05:21AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 02, 2015 05:44AM

Agreed, always chasing the horizon and never catching it is what alot of us fans want the team to do. They won't be satified until we have the next "it" QB in the NFL, the one that all others try to be. I have been an RT guy since well before the draft we took him in. He was the guy I wanted us to draft that year I have not changed my mind about him at all...he's improving with every season and he currently leaves very little for us to want at this point in his career. If he can improve his consistency a bit more and work out the deep ball so he hits it to the tune of 25-30% we'll have one of the top five best starting QB's in the entire league. RT has not had the same success as Luck and Wilson (both guys playing on better teams) but he's better than RGIII and everyone else from that class.

Realisically we had zero shot at Luck, RGIII would have been entirely too expensive, and compared to Wilson and Foles RT was the better bet tools and ability wise before the draft...we took the right guy for when we picked. Now we just need to build a complete team around him.

As far as drafting a BACKUP QB goes...I have no problem with taking one this year and think we should because if I'm the GM Moore isn't on the team in 2015 unless he takes a pay cut to stay. But, it wouldn't be before the fourth or fifth round unless a top pick drops to us...ain't happening.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 02, 2015 10:38AM

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 07, 2015 09:41AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Quote: To get rid of him now would be a MAJOR
> mistake and
>
> The question is not whether we get rid of him but
> whether we draft a good backup and or contingency
> in the second round now.
>
> Even an excellent pocket guy like Griese who had
> the best offensive line in history to that point
> IMO was injured for almost the entire perfect
> season and Earl Morrall had to step in early and
> win those games.
>
> Why is it so impossible to contemplate that Tanny
> could be injured as well?
>
> And since we're talking about a second rounder, to
> the "How about our other needs" question, my
> answer is another question, "How's that worked out
> for us since we drafted Jake Long in 2008"
> answer, Mike Pouncey and that's about it.

Good, playoff teams don't have to be picky; they can draft BPA every year and there would be no drop off.

Teams that struggle every year must draft to fill those holes and keeping trying to fill those holes until it is a solid unit.

Just because it hasn't been working doesn't mean it is hopeless and draft for "splash."

Miami drafting a QB in the second round is a wasted pick, unless...it is a top 5 guy who has mysteriously dropped. But if that happens, the question must be asked, "Why?"

As has been pointed out on this board in various threads, Miami is over the cap and will have to "purge" many players or their salaries. This (could) mean even more needs pop up. FA will be a player (but of course, money will have to be dished out then, also) then depending on that outcome, the draft is next.

Miami is hurting, guys, and the right players must be brought to the Dolphins.

Date: January 07, 2015 09:59AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 07, 2015 11:05AM

Crowder wrote: I agree Colonel that Tannehill is not in Marino's league.. But in some ways he is better

LOL.

The only way id be more content with tannehill is if he wins a superbowl. And thats not happening any time soon.

Dont you remember all the dan marino's great wins. And comeback victories.

Come on man.

Those were some great afternoons.

Date: January 07, 2015 11:11AM

Yes tannehill had 4000 yards or whatever but a lot of those yards were in trash time when the dolphins were about to lose and the opposing team was playing prevent defense.

I do want tannehill to do good and i will support him as long as he is starting for the phins..But there is no comparison between dan marino and tannehill as of now .Not even close.

BTW every single time the game is on the line last drive tannehill shokes and throws an int. Ive seen it too many times.

I wish he would have a comeback victory at end of year when it counts to make playoffs. But that hasn't happened yet.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: January 07, 2015 11:16AM

OH gosh, saying Tannehill is better at Marino at anything other then running is rather scary.

If Marino had chosen to throw mostly 10 yard passes his completion % would have been in the 90's.

As far as Marino not being sacked he had that quick release, and he could side step his way out of a lot of pressure.

I would still go best player available other then RB. I don't see a QB being there so I would not draft one in the first round. I don't know if Tannehill will ever get legit comp anyway.

Why WKU QB is going back for his 5th year SR. So there goes that pick. Great move by him though. Pro style offense, coached by former NFL QB, and only get better. Hard to improve on 48 TD's though.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 07, 2015 12:34PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Yes tannehill had 4000 yards or whatever but a lot
> of those yards were in trash time when the
> dolphins were about to lose and the opposing team
> was playing prevent defense.
>
> I do want tannehill to do good and i will support
> him as long as he is starting for the phins..But
> there is no comparison between dan marino and
> tannehill as of now .Not even close.
>
> BTW every single time the game is on the line last
> drive tannehill shokes and throws an int. Ive seen
> it too many times.
>
> I wish he would have a comeback victory at end of
> year when it counts to make playoffs. But that
> hasn't happened yet.

Of your 4 statements here, 3 of them are completely false and not even close to being true. I'll let you figure out whats what.....

Date: January 08, 2015 04:13AM

NO dolphaholic. they are all right.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 08, 2015 04:43AM

Date: January 08, 2015 04:50AM

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: January 08, 2015 06:05AM

4000 yards today is like 3000 yards back in the day, it is not that big of deal.

11 or 12 QBs did it this year. One missed it by 25 yards, Cutler had it till he got benched. so almost half the QB's in the league hit it.

The TD to INT ratio is nice. That is the only thing that I see as really being a good stat to look at for him.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 09, 2015 12:35PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Yes tannehill had 4000 yards or whatever but a lot
> of those yards were in trash time when the
> dolphins were about to lose and the opposing team
> was playing prevent defense.
>
> I do want tannehill to do good and i will support
> him as long as he is starting for the phins..But
> there is no comparison between dan marino and
> tannehill as of now .Not even close.
>
> BTW every single time the game is on the line last
> drive tannehill shokes and throws an int. Ive seen
> it too many times.
>
> I wish he would have a comeback victory at end of
> year when it counts to make playoffs. But that
> hasn't happened yet.

Sam, no one on this board is saying RT is better than Marino. What Crowder said is that in some ways RT is better. One way that popped right into my head is his feet. RT is a true threat running. Teams have to prepare for that. Not so with Dan.

RT did NOT throw ints in his last drives. Much of the time, Miami had a lead late in the 4th and our "elite" defense choked and let the opposing team march right down the field and win the game. I'm not saying RT DIDN'T throw an int in the final drive, but our D gave it up moreso than RT.

Date: January 09, 2015 02:13PM

Cap, back in the day, we would laugh at the thought of Dan running. No Dan was the prototype pocket QB with the fastest release in history but running? LOL.

Also Cap, I'm not so hard on the defense in the second half. Also remember that the offense in the 2nd half under the brilliant coaching leadership, went away from the read option in the 2nd half OF THE GAME (not true that we went away from the read option in the second half OF THE SEASON FOR THE REASON THAT TEAMS HAD CAUGHT ON).

So I blame the offense as much for a lack of ball control and possession as I blame the defense for a failure to shut down the same team that they shut down in the first half.

WANT TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE? It's what we complained about PHILBIN all last year and have not criticized him AS MUCH THIS YEAR.

Remember when we used to complain LAST YEAR that it seemed that AT HALF TIME, opposing coaches were adjusting to us, and Philbin did NEITHER OF THE TWO'

1) He did not adjust to what the other team had done well in the first half even though we had won the first half

2) He did not anticipate the OTHER COACH adjusting to what we were doing well and having a plan to counter that adjustment.

Date: January 12, 2015 07:04AM

Ok i give you that he is more mobile cap but what good did it do when teams started to gameplan for that tannehill could not run anymore.

also dan marino had better feet in the pocket meaning he knew how to avoid the rush. Tannehill not so much.

Date: January 13, 2015 08:33AM

This years qb class will be the one of the worst in history.

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.