HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          STOP THE NONSENSE!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
STOP THE NONSENSE!
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 09, 2014 12:19PM

The real problem is...

As Big Nasty has detailed in multiple prior communications (prior to alleviating myself from the premises is)

ROSS

MUST

GO!!!

The CLOWN is problem #1 and everything else is secondary!!!!!

Get with the program. Boycott the team. And everything "Miami Dolphins" until we get a LEGIT OWNER from SFL -- NOT a mudder-focking new yorker...

NY Sucks. Go back if you don't like it!

LOL.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: STOP THE NONSENSE!
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 09, 2014 01:27PM

edited out.

Date: December 09, 2014 01:27PM

edited out.

Date: December 09, 2014 01:29PM

Thought that was dolfan1 (dolphin) posting.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 09, 2014 01:33PM

I agree he is part of the problem, he listens to too many celebrities.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: December 09, 2014 02:41PM

WRONG.

Ross is actually a good owner.

Spends whatever it takes, and stays out of the way. That's all you can ask for. He's the bankroll, not a football guru.

The issues stem from the GM down. It's all about picking the right players, and the right coaches who can develop those players.
It takes knowledgeable and savvy scouts to do the leg work.

And there's no salary cap issues when it comes to front office personnel, so Ross can and will spend whatever it takes to bring in such people.

Ross has consulted with some of the most respected minds in the game on how to build a successful franchise. Unfortunately, a couple of those minds have provided little help. But at least he's trying.

Date: December 09, 2014 03:00PM

Well, it takes more than someone willing to spend whatever it takes. I don't think he's being accused of being a skinflint or that lack of spending underlies our problem.

I think it is, on the part of the owner, lack of knowledge concerning coaching talent. (and formerly GM talent).

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: December 09, 2014 03:16PM

You can maybe count on 1 hand(and have fingers left over) how many owners out there that have any kind of REAL football knowledge to the point where they can single-handedly pick the perfect GM and FO to lead their teams to greatness.

The only thing that matters is that he spares no expense, and doesn't meddle in matters where he has no business meddling. And he's smart enough to understand that.
And he genuinely wants to restore the Dolphins to a championship caliber team, and will do whatever it takes to do so.

How is that bad?

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 09, 2014 03:25PM

I don't have a problem with Ross this year. He stayed out of the press, no press conferences, zero attention towards him really.. He is paying for the stadium upgrades himself. He has improved the fan experience and value to the fans who buy season tickets. He hired Marino as an advisor, he didn't bomb with Hickey... Ross has a past to get mad at for sure, but as of late he has been doing a good job as our owner IMO...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2014 03:25PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: December 10, 2014 03:35AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't have a problem with Ross this year. He
> stayed out of the press, no press conferences,
> zero attention towards him really.. He is paying
> for the stadium upgrades himself. He has improved
> the fan experience and value to the fans who buy
> season tickets. He hired Marino as an advisor, he
> didn't bomb with Hickey... Ross has a past to get
> mad at for sure, but as of late he has been doing
> a good job as our owner IMO...

Agree

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 10, 2014 04:55AM

I agree, no issues with Ross. He puts his money out there to get the team improved.

If he were not signing people then there would be an issue.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 10, 2014 05:09AM

RE: Agree completely.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 10, 2014 05:37AM

I think Ross has figured out that he doesn't need to be the say so for this franchise...

hence the Marino hiring. Which has lasted a lot longer than people expected and Marino has been much more invested than people expected.

I think Marino is about to move into the drivers seat for this franchise in terms of responsibility.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: December 10, 2014 06:10AM

Marino has been in a lot of team meetings including the Monday morning "what went wrong?" meetings to see how they are handling everything.

I think his recommendation will decide if any of the coaches stay or go.

They say that's not what he's doing here but I'm not buying it. Probably another reason why Ross is not around as much this year.

Date: December 10, 2014 06:25AM

wonder if Marino and Harbough were buddies ?

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 10, 2014 12:48PM

If (???) Ross gets COMPLETELY out of the picture, and leaves the total composition of the team in the hands of Marino -- he's an IDIOT!

No one on this board respects the awesomness of Danny as a PLAYER more that me -- but he has proven ZERO as an NFL exec and therefore is nothing more than pure spec as a "savior."

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 10, 2014 02:04PM

dolphin Wrote:
> wonder if Marino and Harbough were buddies ?

Good question, my guess is that Harbaugh doesn't have many buddies... His reputation is that he has always been a pretty polarizing personality. I guess the better question would be does Marino respect Harbaugh?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: December 10, 2014 04:30PM

Date: December 11, 2014 03:41AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> If (???) Ross gets COMPLETELY out of the picture,
> and leaves the total composition of the team in
> the hands of Marino -- he's an IDIOT!
>
> No one on this board respects the awesomness of
> Danny as a PLAYER more that me -- but he has
> proven ZERO as an NFL exec and therefore is
> nothing more than pure spec as a "savior."

It's not like he is entrusting Marino to run the entire operation but his opinion will carry a lot of weight, IMO. I still expect Hickey to be in charge. Marino will just be able to have a better feeling for how the players view Philbin. Whether he's lost them or if Coyle has lost them.

It may be a case similar to 2013 when he insisted Sherman be replaced IF Coyle has lost his players.

Date: December 11, 2014 04:15AM

I agree. Marino has been around a lot of winning football. I'm sure he has talked to his HOF buddies about what their teams did.

I would trust him to know what feels right in and around the football team.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 11, 2014 05:19AM

TO me the issue isn't whether Ross spends money, it's whether he spends it in the right places and wisely...

Coaches??? No, since he gained controlling interest of the team in 2008, we have been blessed with Tony Sparano, Todd Bowels and good ol' Joe...all with no NFL head coaching experience and a combined record here of 49-53. Other, experienced coaches (with much higher price tags) were available.

First round draft picks??? No, With the exception of Tannehill (which he almost HAD to pick or be run out of town on a rail) we have predictably drafted lower paid positions in the first round - linemen, DB's and even used our second highest 1st round pick since 1966 on a 'project' DE...

"The owner doesn't have anything to do with that...They were the best available...blah...blah...blah..." A thousand excuses can be used, but as they say, the proof is in the pudding and our pudding has a .480 winning percentage in the 6 years since Ross took over.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 11, 2014 06:02AM

Date: December 11, 2014 06:41AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 11, 2014 06:59AM

Sorry KB, but some of your arguments are so far out there that I would swear a certain poster from the State of Cali hacked your account......might wanna change your password brah.

Ross has only conducted 1 official (and 1 non-official) coaching search, he went hard after Fisher and Jim Harbaugh respectively, and money was not the issue in either failure (if i'm not mistaken they both took equal or less money to sign with their current teams). How can you fault him and say he's cheap for not landing coaches when he didn't have a vacancy (even though he tried that route).

As far as the draft goes, I don't doubt that guys like Jerry Jones and Daniel Synder influence their teams draft, but there is zero evidence that Ross ever has, and with the current rookie salary cap in place, would it even matter anymore?

You can say alot of other things about Ross if you so desire, but how can you call him cheap when he just agreed to spend 400 million of his own money to renovate?

Date: December 11, 2014 07:13AM

Nobody cam to Miami because of Jeff Ireland and the mess he created.

Date: December 11, 2014 07:18AM

lol. ChyrenB and I are just brothers from a different mother spinning smiley sticking its tongue out We remember when the Dolphins actually WON super bowls.

But back to Ross, surely you agree the NFL is a business FIRST. Today more than ever. Sure Ross spends money he HAS to to own and NFL team But, is he spending money to win football games or make sure the Dolphins make money/break even. What do stadium renovations have to do with the former? If making money/not losing money is your goal (and to anyone rich enough to own an NFL team it most likely is) you don't necessarily have to win a great percentage of your games. I mean the Raiders, Redskins, Cowboys and quite a few others have been proving for some time now lol.

How are my arguments any farther 'out there' than your assertions that 'money wasn't the issue, they went somewhere else for less' HOW would you know that? And 'Owners don't influence drafts'??? seriously. Again, if you had over a billion dollars invested in something you would have nothing to say about it?

Gone are the days when owners were quiet old men sitting in sky boxes, who inherited the team along with their 'old money' fortunes from the turn of the last century. Jones, Snyder, Ross and a lot of others are self made men, they WILL have something to say about things they have vested intrest in.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 11, 2014 08:19AM

I dont think there is such thing such as ross cannot afford..

That it doesnt fit in the salary cap is something else.

But ross can afford whatever it is.

Date: December 11, 2014 09:10AM

Business first means WINNING in the NFL. You make more when you win. Plain and simple. It doesn't make much business sense to pay 450mil to renovate a stadium for no one to show up.

Date: December 11, 2014 09:17AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
> Business first means WINNING in the NFL. You make
> more when you win. Plain and simple. It doesn't
> make much business sense to pay 450mil to renovate
> a stadium for no one to show up.

ON POINT!

And you don't hire a coach with no college head coaching experience just because you like him.

Date: December 11, 2014 09:27AM

Don't you think there are a lot of current HC's who were never HC's in college or anywhere else?

John Harbaugh, Mike Smith, Ron Rivera, Bruce Arians, Marvis Lewis, Lovie Smith, Doug Marrone, Mike Pettine, Jason Garrett, Jon Fox, Mike McCarthy.

It's almost more like you just have to draft a personality. Someone who is a natural leader as well as having the football knowledge.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.