HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2010 Free Agents
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
2010 Free Agents
Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: March 24, 2009 03:56AM

Yea, its a bit early to be talking 2010 when this years team isn't even finalized yet, but looks like we have an extensive list (12) of free agents poised to hit the market in 2010. It's headlined by Chad Pennington, Will Allen, Anthony Fasano, David Martin, Matt Roth, Jason Ferguson, and Davone Bess.

Out of these I see Bess and Fasano as locks to get a long term extension, hopefully early this season.

I only see the team resigning Martin, Ferguson, and Allen during next years free agency period if there are no other upgrades available for them. Age is working against all these guys, and I would have to guess that the initial plan from the tri-fecta is to let all these guys walk.

Roth is young but will be caught up in the LB numbers game. I actually thought he played pretty well for what he was asked to do and think he will be even better this year. This will truly be a make or break year for him in regards to this team.

Pennington is a different story. We all know that the team wants Henne as the starter for 2010. If Pennington has another very good year (like 08) I don't think there is a way that he stays as a backup. I thin he would only stay if he thinks he is the starter going into 2010, otherwise I think he laves for one more starting job. If he gets injured or plays only so-so, I think he may be back for a back-up role.

Thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2009 04:04AM by NJ Dolfan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2010 Free Agents
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 24, 2009 05:45AM

I don't think it's too early to talk 2010 FA because we are going to need a starting CB for that season.

I don't think we will resign Fergy, Allen and Martin. I think if anything, we resign Fasano and Roth. Allen is the same age as Goodman and not even as good and we let him walk. Fergy will be 35 years old and he will be let go next year or resigned as a backup if we can find a starting NT in this years draft.

Allen probably won't be resigned so we need to find a CB in this years draft who can start next year. We probably need to find 2 because I don't see Eric Green as a starter (but I could be wrong).

I think the only way CP comes back in a backup role is if he is injured this year or doesn't play as well. He will want to start somewhere or at least compete for a starters role in 2010 if he has another good season in 09.

I also think we will draft a TE this year to cover us for next year. Fasano did a great job and is a great all around TE and red zone guy but we may add more of a receiving guy to replace Martin.

That my opinion.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: March 24, 2009 06:02AM

well we will take a cb in the draft this year, and next year, we will resign fasano, and roth, and pennington. i say try to trade martin this year, because our rookie, looked pretty solid last year and that kid is 6'8? i think, and would let ferguson walk and same for allen.

Posted by: phinfanjake ()
Date: March 24, 2009 03:40PM

Fasano tied for the 2nd with 7 TE touchdowns..... and some of them were great catches (LAST JETS GAME!), he should be back, the others are all getting old or are replaceable, like Roth. Henne is the projected starter, so maybe the Dolphins will get those compensatory picks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.