HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins should be moved to AFC South
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins should be moved to AFC South
Posted by: cahokietim ()
Date: March 23, 2009 09:56AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins should be moved to AFC South
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: March 23, 2009 10:09AM

I like it just the way it is. I want to see us return to power and beat the Patsies twice a year.

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: March 23, 2009 10:30AM

Our division rivals have the same disadvantage when they come down here.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: March 23, 2009 10:37AM

It's not the same. Our division rivals make two relatively local trips to play division opponents (Boston, Buffalo and NY are all very short flights from one another) and one long trip (to Miami). We make 3 long trips to play division opponents and zero local trips.

Still, I don't want the divisions to change again.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: March 23, 2009 10:56AM

You make an interesting point, cahokietim. But the NFL would not quite seem right without Jets versus Miami...or even NE/Miami Buf-Miami. I think our division is good the way it is. Rivalries take a long, long time to develop...Look at the Marlins for instance, they dont really have true rival and its been 16 years that they've been around now.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 23, 2009 11:25AM

The Chargers have to travel to KC and Denver.

The Jaguars have the same problem having to travel to Indy, Houston and Tennessee.

The Saints travel to ATL, TB and Carolina.

The Rams travel to Az, SF and Seattle.

If it were just a geographical issue we would be playing the Bucs, Jags and Atlanta but two of those are in the NFC.

The NFL wanted to keep the long standing rivalries so that's why it is like it is. You would have to start all over and many teams would have to switch conferences instead of just one team like with the last realignment. It will never happen. If it was going to happen it would have happened with the last go around.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 23, 2009 11:29AM

cahokietim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> And NO I don't buy the tradition of old rivalries
> for the Dolphins...

I buy that tradition. In fact I was even PO'ed when the Colts left the division, even though they moved to the midwest.

I'm not in favor of running away to another division, that's cowardly. Even though the Jets lead the all-time series, and we've had some very painful games against them over the years...I don't want to run away from playing against them and the other AFC east rivals.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 23, 2009 12:01PM

Posted by: cahokietim ()
Date: March 23, 2009 01:04PM

Thanks for the feedback...PRO & CON....maybe I should have done a pool?

Just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting running from the Patsies
or alienating NorthEast Phin-fans and I don't think potential Dolphin national-prominence would be impacted by playing in Houston-Jax-Titans (our Won-Loss records against them might be worse than within the current AFC-east).

By the way, my perspective is from the West Coast, in the heart of Raihder land. Grew up in what was Homestead AFB south of Miami.

peace

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: March 23, 2009 01:29PM

point well taken but I love to hate the jets bills and pats, even when the colts were in our division i didnt really hate them. I cant explain it but hating the titans, texans and jags just dont have the same feeling. I hate the disadvantage late in the season but i hate those teams even more.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 23, 2009 05:14PM

Miami Reppa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I cant explain it but
> hating the titans, texans and jags just dont have
> the same feeling.

I can explain it. Those teams have no history. The Titans have SOME, because they were the old Houston Oilers, but the Oilers never even played in a Superbowl. The Texans and Jags are expansion teams.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.