HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Satele Traded!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Satele Traded!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 22, 2009 08:16PM

We just traded the player we got with the Welker pick.

Don't know what round we got yet, but I doubt it was a second rounder.

I like this move - Satele really had no starting position on the team after we picked up Grove, he was going to be a backup this year, probably the #3 center. But, that Welker deal just keeps on looking worse and worse. A pro bowl receiver - best possession guy in the NFL for a backup OL.

Cam Cameron sucks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2009 08:23PM by ghotirule.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Satele Traded!
Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: March 23, 2009 01:21AM

Yeah, but what if Grove can't stay healthy? Who would play center? I hope this doesn't mean we're going back to drafting a Center.

So, with the Welker trade...maybe we'll end up with a WR that will make the trade more bearable? With the extra picks Trifecta is trying to pick up (local papers say they'll be more), maybe we afford to go for WR a little earlier. Maybe we actually could get Harvin or Nicks. Or maybe Britt. I read that Keyshawn Johnson is crazy over a more raw receiver, Ramses Barden, and says Parcells should definitely pick him up.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 23, 2009 02:35AM

I think it's obvious now that we're drafting a Center.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: March 23, 2009 02:37AM

No surprise. I have been expecting this for a few weeks now. I just hope we got a decent pick in return.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 23, 2009 04:04AM

Has to be at least a third.

Date: March 23, 2009 04:07AM

what team did we trade him too? look at there draft picks for this year, and you can base the pick off that PROB a third round pick, could be a second, i mean parcells always gets the better end of the stick. and yeah i would say a center. nice i like young lineman, big ones too to help creat HOLES.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: March 23, 2009 04:24AM

DolphinSam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, but what if Grove can't stay healthy? Who
> would play center?

Joe Berger will be the backup center and backup centers are expected to be ready to play. Berger is a player that Sparano is very familiar with and his signing made Satelle expendable.

Date: March 23, 2009 04:43AM

WHAT team did we trade him too? anyone else on the trading blocks? would love to get some 3rd and fourth rounders, for some flops on our team. wilford, for a fourth would be sweet, hell even a 5th be ok.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 23, 2009 04:43AM

I was a little concerned when I read that we traded for a pick to replace the late round pick we lost in the trade for McDaniel. Surely they did not trade him for a 6th or 7th rounder. I am hoping for at least a 4th right now.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: March 23, 2009 04:46AM

what team did we trade him to?

Date: March 23, 2009 04:52AM

from what I heard we got the #8 pick in the 6th round (#168 overall). I can't believe that! If it's true, we should have waited until it was closer to the draft.

.....................................................................................

Date: March 23, 2009 04:53AM

again no one has said too what team he has been traded to.

Date: March 23, 2009 04:55AM

Look at the top left of the screen and click on "NEWS WIRE". there are about 5-6 articles there.

Date: March 23, 2009 04:56AM

thanks

Date: March 23, 2009 05:06AM

well they have at least one in every round? so?? look you cant replace welker, will always have the stink of cam cameron god i hate that guy. and that trade will always slap us in the face at least twice a year. but we traded one of 3 7th round picks for a BIG YOUNG NT, and now we trade a undersized back up center, for a 2to6th round pick, not a bad move at all just traded a 7th for a 6th or better, and got a NT out of it is how i look at the situation. granted satele stayed healthy but 2 under sized to be affective. so i dont see it as a loss at all. chalk it up as another positive move.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2009 05:08AM by dolphinsnumberonestunner.

Date: March 23, 2009 05:11AM

I think Satele can start in the right system. He was clearly not a fit here as BP wants to build a dominant running game. Trading a starting center/guard for a 6th rounder or a backup NT who may not even make the team is not what I would call a great trade. I hope they at least got a conditional pick that escalates to a 2nd or 3rd rounder with playing time.

Date: March 23, 2009 05:14AM

wasnt tom brady a 7th rounder? devon bess never drafted? i mean maybe the tuna has a guy he realy likes but needs another pick to get em? im sure thats what it is. i bet he saw another devon bess and did this move to secure that guys spot.

Date: March 23, 2009 05:18AM

I will hold off further judgement until we know the details of the trade.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: March 23, 2009 05:50AM

Satelle would have ended up as a back-up (despite me thinking he might bulk up and compete).

Oakland has already traded their 5th rounder to Atlanta....I think their 4th would be a great deal for a starting Centre given that their 4th would be a high 4th. getting their 6th would be disappointing.

Welker was a RFA who was going to cost too much to keep. That fact must be factored into any discussion about the trade.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 23, 2009 06:06AM

The only way to make the WELKER trade into something other than the WORST TRADE EVER is to use this draft pick and DRAFT AN SLEEPER that will become something special. RAMSES BARDEN?

Date: March 23, 2009 06:11AM

Also...with the Welker trade, the Pats had the opportunity to put a "poison pill" clause in the contract. We opted to work out a deal instead if I remember correctly.

Date: March 23, 2009 06:19AM

A 6th rounder?

Wow they didn't have much hope for satele on this team i guess.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 23, 2009 06:28AM

That's a shame, I thought Satele would settle into the roster as a reliable backup at C or G.

Date: March 23, 2009 06:32AM

You would think he would be worth more to Baltimore than a 6th rounder. After all, Cam drafted the guy.

Date: March 23, 2009 06:41AM

Date: March 23, 2009 06:47AM

I rather it was to the the raiders than, lets say the steelers........

The raiders pick high in every round.

Date: March 23, 2009 06:55AM

Quote from article....

Quote.....The trade was first reported by the Miami Herald and confirmed Monday morning by representatives for both players. Oakland will receive a sixth-round pick and the two sides will swap selections in an undisclosed round, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Bill Williamson.

Say what??????....How about swapping picks in the first round?????Yeah right????

We'll Probably swap a 3rd of 4rth..

And we gave them a 6th What is that??????

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 23, 2009 07:07AM

We got ripped off is the deal is just for a 6th. Satele was a good-not-great 2 year starter in the wrong system. And a 2d rounder just 2 years ago. A young, cheap starting center is worth at least a 3d rounder.

The key to the deal and only thing that keeps it from being a rip off is the swap of undisclosed pick part. If we swap in the 2d or 3d, then I will say it was a fair deal for us. Otherwise, WTF? Even Lo Booker got us a 4th and he never played.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: March 23, 2009 07:13AM

Date: March 23, 2009 07:18AM

If we get oaklands 6th and swap picks in another round then i would say its a fair deal.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.