Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          How many more years do we get the services of the Big Tuna?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
How many more years do we get the services of the Big Tuna?
Posted by: Miami Troy ()
Date: March 21, 2009 04:36AM

I hope I'm wrong but I think this will be the last season for Parcells in Miami. First of all I am very happy he stayed on this year! There was a chance of losing him. He has done great for us so far. We all know about last years 10 game turnaround. This year I love the move for G. Wilson, Free Safety has been killing us for years. The Re-Signing of Carey, Bell and Crowder were very prudent. We loaded up the roster with major beef for depth, Berger, Grove and now McDaniel.
I'm good with Wake and Green for depth as well.

The Tuna really knows his $HIT!

Tuna will be leaving soon, I hope we keep Ireland and Sparano around long after he's gone. I know they learned a lot from Big Bill!

What do you guys think for 2010, will we be Tunaless in Miami?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How many more years do we get the services of the Big Tuna?
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 21, 2009 10:43PM

As long as Mr. Ross doesn't meddle with Parcells' decision making, there shouldn't be any reason for the Big Tuna to want to pack his bags - Unless there's a new challenge elsewhere that he can't resist, OR he actually wants to retire and stay at home.

I'm under the impression that even though Ross is the owner, Parcells is the captain of the ship. Ross seems quite content being on a golf course while in his own words "The best director of operations in the country" takes charge of this team, giving him the authority to "Do whatever it takes".

Seems like a good start to me, I'm sure that Ross is smart enough to understand what would make Parcells want to leave...Or stay.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 22, 2009 09:02AM

The sky is falling.

Date: March 23, 2009 04:45AM

i think the big man will be around for awhile, i mean after the new owner, the old one said leave if ya want or stay, and i think parcells likes the fact that he is free to leave. and nobody questions him, which again why leave when money, life, and the job is just a walk in the park, and challenging enough to keep it interesting?

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 23, 2009 05:06AM

Parcels is addicted to football and he is in the perfect situation in a great area where he can play golf year around. The thing he also loves is horses and racing. There is a spot he loves to hang out at....I can't remember where but I think it is in the Virgina area. He said it is his favorite place to be to relax.

It will be hard for him to walk away after this season if we do any less than one playoff win.

Right now he doesn't have to deal with the media unless he wants to. He gets to deligate the work he doesn't want to do and still gets to call the shots. It would be hard to walk away from Miami without a championship. He is putting the finishing touches on his legacy and HOF bid. Walking away if we regress this year will hurt that bid.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: March 23, 2009 05:10AM

Agreed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.