Home
THIS SITE
  About Phins.com
  Contact Us
  Staff
TEAM NEWS
  Team Info
  Twitter Feeds
  News Wire
  XML News
  Subscribe using any news reader
  News Articles
  Mobile News
  On Porpoise
GAMES
  Schedule
PERSONNEL
  Roster
  Depth Chart
  Training Camp
  Draft
FOR THE FANS
  Forums
  Places To Watch
  Dolphins Links
  Game Tickets
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute
  News Archive
  Past Games
  Transactions
  Past Rosters
SUPPORT PHINS.COM
  Dolphins Fan Shop
  Phins.com Apparel
 
-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com
 
  Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Don Jones
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 12, 2014 05:17AM

I never saw the original tweet, what exactly did Jones say?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Date: May 12, 2014 05:52AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never saw the original tweet, what exactly did
> Jones say?


OMG and HORRIBLE. eye rolling smiley

Hardly a gay bash but the intent was there. And right now is not a good time to show any ignorance on any level or disharmony directed at someone's race, sexual preference, or even the color of their shoes. Especially the Miami Dolphins whose owner has gone as far as drafting a document stating he will be the leader against the fight against bulling in the near future. The politics are here and those dumb enough not to see the writing on the wall will suffer professionally .

Freedom of speech is only there for those that use it for accepted means. Freedom of speech is what the press & the Media deems acceptable and how they choose to use it.

"Off Soap Box"

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 12, 2014 05:59AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Freedom of speech is only there for those that use
> it for accepted means. Freedom of speech is what
> the press & the Media deems acceptable and how
> they choose to use it.
>

Freedom of Speech (i.e. the 1st Amendment) protects you from the govt. It doesn't protect you from private organizations or the general public. That's what Affirmative Action was for, but the Supreme Court seems happy to rip that apart.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: May 12, 2014 06:07AM

Gotta love Dennis Miller:

"How can a league that supposedly espouses sensitivity call the last pick in the draft "Mr. Irrelevant?" Names hurt Commissioner Goodell!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Date: May 12, 2014 06:13AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Freedom of speech is only there for those that
> use
> > it for accepted means. Freedom of speech is
> what
> > the press & the Media deems acceptable and how
> > they choose to use it.
> >
>
> Freedom of Speech (i.e. the 1st Amendment)
> protects you from the govt. It doesn't protect
> you from private organizations or the general
> public. That's what Affirmative Action was for,
> but the Supreme Court seems happy to rip that
> apart.



CORRECT! Unless they deem it acceptable. The private organizations and the media collectively use it as a tool to state the outcome of what they want to accomplish. There are some private organizations that have freedoms that others do not. The media is an animal I'll never understand.

Look I'm not saying one organizations message is better then another's. I'm just saying if you want to be successful at all you need to learn the politics of the game your playing and Don Jones just got a class 101. So did The Miami Dolphins last season. Say what you want privately, feel the way you want , but do not tweet it, text it , or be secretly recorded saying it like the Clippers owner Mr Sterling. Once they have it on record you are food for the greater machine.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: May 12, 2014 06:27AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Freedom of speech is only there for those that
> use
> > it for accepted means. Freedom of speech is
> what
> > the press & the Media deems acceptable and how
> > they choose to use it.
> >
>
> Freedom of Speech (i.e. the 1st Amendment)
> protects you from the govt. It doesn't protect
> you from private organizations or the general
> public. That's what Affirmative Action was for,
> but the Supreme Court seems happy to rip that
> apart.

Exactly Monte.

Free speech doesn't mean speech without consequences, it means speech without persecution.


If you own a restaurant and you blog on Facebook about how much you hate blacks, jews and gays you can't claim they are violating your first amendment rights to free speech when they don't eat at your restaurant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: sconigli ()
Date: May 12, 2014 06:55AM

Of course a Dolphin player had to step in the middle of this.

There is an aura of dysfunction and incompetence that has hung over this franchise ever since Wannestedt was HC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: May 12, 2014 08:05AM

He'll yeah go don jones! I believe your sexuality is a chemical imbalance and some part upbringing. I will laugh my butt off if science proves and comes out with a "cure" for gayness! Lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Date: May 12, 2014 08:05AM

sconigli Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of course a Dolphin player had to step in the
> middle of this.
>
> There is an aura of dysfunction and incompetence
> that has hung over this franchise ever since
> Wannestedt was HC.


True. But is that a reflection on the leadership or just society in general changing its values? Some Teams do handle it better then others no doubt. The Pats have a triple Homicide Murderer and no one is batting an eye at them! We have a bunch of meatheads calling each other 3rd grade taunts and we are the epicenter for national bullying despite being grown men.

Bullying is a national trend and I guess someone in the Press caught on to the J Martin story and boom, you have a media onslaught. Don Shula seemed to have a much better grasp on his players. back them he was the GM and the coach. he picked his groceries. maybe there was a better connection who knows? I think the Dolphins got the message across to the players loud and clear.
If I was a player I wouldn't even own a Twitter account. Unless a sponsor paid me to have one and maintained it .

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 12, 2014 08:07AM

Sickofit+1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He'll yeah go don jones! I believe your sexuality
> is a chemical imbalance and some part upbringing.
> I will laugh my butt off if science proves and
> comes out with a "cure" for gayness! Lol


Hopefully they come up with a cure for stupid 1st..........

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: May 12, 2014 08:10AM

Ohhh man you have no idea. It sucks because if I was smart I wouldn't be a dolphins fan lol!!! Damn you Marino why did you suck me in!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Date: May 12, 2014 08:12AM

Sickofit+1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He'll yeah go don jones! I believe your sexuality
> is a chemical imbalance and some part upbringing.
> I will laugh my butt off if science proves and
> comes out with a "cure" for gayness! Lol



Ask yourself this. Will you ever be attracted to a man? Even Brad Pitt?

That is how Michael Sam feels about women. Of course its something your born with dildo eye rolling smiley . And forcing him to succumb to how you and I feel is just as wrong as it would be to force you to like a man in that way. Empathy. Look it up.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: May 12, 2014 08:17AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sickofit+1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > He'll yeah go don jones! I believe your
> sexuality
> > is a chemical imbalance and some part
> upbringing.
> > I will laugh my butt off if science proves and
> > comes out with a "cure" for gayness! Lol
>
>
> Hopefully they come up with a cure for stupid
> 1st..........

Hahaha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Date: May 12, 2014 08:19AM

Sickofit+1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ohhh man you have no idea. It sucks because if I
> was smart I wouldn't be a dolphins fan lol!!! Damn
> you Marino why did you suck me in!!!


Am I wrong or does that sound really Gay?

eye rolling smileyeye popping smiley

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: May 12, 2014 08:21AM

I don't hate the man for being gay! I just do not wana see it. You wanna be affectionate fine you have a bedroom door. Also brad Pitt was a attractive man. I wish I had his looks lol. This is my issue with it. He was drafted because he was gay. He won't be a game changer because he is too little for a DE in today's league. He won't transition well to LB and the news media only covers it to get controversy. It's a disgusting act in general and it is stupid people give two poops too much about a player who will not even be in the league in three years! Yeeaaahhh gay pride wins another news coverage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: May 12, 2014 08:23AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sickofit+1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ohhh man you have no idea. It sucks because if
> I
> > was smart I wouldn't be a dolphins fan lol!!!
> Damn
> > you Marino why did you suck me in!!!
>
>
> Am I wrong or does that sound really Gay?
>
> eye rolling smileyeye popping smiley Your right totally sounds gay!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 12, 2014 10:01AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: Dolphacolyte ()
Date: May 12, 2014 10:22AM

Jones went with the same sentiment, I wrote here about yesterday: Children should never be exposed to this sort of unnatural behavior. No doubt ESPN staged the whole thing. I take back the Saints thing bounty. The reality is he's gonna crack eventually under the pressure. This is not College anymore. Coach Fisher said it. If he sucks, he's out. Beginning to think when the final roster of 53 comes around next August, hard to say if he would be still around. Just saying.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 12, 2014 10:25AM

Sickofit+1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't hate the man for being gay! I just do not
> wanna see it.

And when I was a kid in the 60's and there were restaurants and movie theaters I couldn't go to, it was common for Whites to say, "I've got nothing against Colored People, I just don't want to see them sitting near me when I eat or sitting in a movie theater next to me."

We had one movie house in my hometown. They had put up a GLASS PARTITION at the railing of the balcony and we Blacks could only sit in the balcony and Whites could not sit in the balcony and had to sit downstairs. The glass was there so that Whites did not breathe the same air as the Blacks.

>You wanna be affectionate fine you have a bedroom door.

But every OTHER draft pick, kissed his girl when his name was announced and the camera was on him, so why are you picking on him? Did you say when you saw those shots, "Hey, why do we have to see kissing? This is about Football." I don't think you did. Ask yourself why you didn't, Sickofit+1.

>Also brad Pitt was a attractive man. I wish I had his looks lol. This is my issue with it. He was drafted because he was gay.

I guess you missed my post above when I said that he was on the ALL SEC team BEFORE he announced Gay and I forgot to add that while Clowney was on that same team as the other Defensive Tackle MICHAEL SAM WAS NAMED PLAYER OF THE YEAR. (BEFORE ANYONE KNEW HE WAS GAY).

SHOOTS THE HELL OUT OF YOUR 'they only did it for publicity or to advance an agenda' theory, huh?


>He won't be a game changer because he is too little for a DE in today's league.

He didn't do too bad in college.

>He won't transition well to LB

Again, I assume you are saying this based on his sexual preference just like others said that about Jackie Robinson based on his race.


>and the news media only covers it to get controversy.

Oh, absolutely! But complaining about them, media people, doing that is like complaining about how all yard workers want to do is cut grass! In other words, you're being silly. But in your mind you see this huge Gay conspiracy to control the world.

>It's a disgusting act in general

You feel that way because it's a disgusting act to you as it is to me but long ago I used that feeling of disgust I felt at the act to enlighten myself and come to the conclusion that what I was feeling was PROOF that homosexuality is not a choice but must be COMPELLED by your makeup because otherwise, how could you fight your natural feelings (if you were naturally straight) to come to be attracted to other men.

>and it is stupid people give two poops too much about a player who will not even be in the league in three years!

If your prediction is right, then based on his having been singled out as outstanding player in the toughest conference in football (SEC) BEFORE he came out as gay, I would venture to say it was BECAUSE he came out, not because he is Gay.

>Yeeaaahhh gay pride wins another news coverage.

Like every other news item that eventually gets to the "been there, done that" stage, it too will get old one day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 12, 2014 10:28AM

Dolphacolyte Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jones went with the same sentiment, I wrote here
> about yesterday: Children should never be exposed
> to this sort of unnatural behavior.

It's only unnatural to you and I because we aren't built the same way. For Gays, having sex with the opposite sex is UNnatural and they let you know it.


No doubt ESPN
> staged the whole thing. I take back the Saints
> thing bounty. The reality is he's gonna crack
> eventually under the pressure. This is not College
> anymore. Coach Fisher said it. If he sucks, he's
> out. Beginning to think when the final roster of
> 53 comes around next August, hard to say if he
> would be still around. Just saying.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 12, 2014 10:30AM

CHyren it would have been just as tasteless had Aj Mcarron and his girlfriend did what Micheal Sam and his boyfriend did, there is no difference... They want to do that crap, go get a room, it was pretty tacky, tasteless, and a horrible representation for the first openly gay NFL draftee to represent himself in such a way, let alone on camera... If Mcarron or Manziel did that type of over the top nonsense i would say the same thing, go get a room, no need to act that sexual on TV for an NFL sports draft... Micheal Sam showed me he probably isn't going to be the best guy to represent what he is representing.. He did a disservice to the entire LGBT community...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2014 10:31AM by Crowder52.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 12, 2014 10:34AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 12, 2014 10:37AM

Chyren the kiss didn't bother me, it was the cake scene that was tasteless, and Sam instigated that whole thing... He is an embarrassment to what he represents, mark my word, this isn't going to end well for him... He obviously doesn't have the right judgement nor temperament.... Nobody in the entire draft came close to doing what Sam did... I can promise you one thing, he is no Jackie Robinson...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: May 12, 2014 11:47AM

Michael Sam and his gayness are his problem. He forced it on the league and the fans by coming out before the draft. Perhaps he should try and find our lord and savior Jesus Christ. Look I don't hate Sam however he brought this upon himself, and now the media wants too make him a victim by constantly broadcasting that abhorrent kiss with his boyfriend. That was a terrible way to welcome yourself to the league Sam. Soon you will be gone, and good riddance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 12, 2014 12:28PM

If Jesus was now, would you have questions about the fact that he went around with 12 other guys and neither he nor them had any girlfriends?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 12, 2014 12:56PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If Jesus was now, would you have questions about
> the fact that he went around with 12 other guys
> and neither he nor them had any girlfriends?


please explain to me, how this comment is relevant to what we are talking about?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: May 12, 2014 01:07PM

Sometimes the self-righteous arrogance around here is transcended only by the astounding ignorance so readily demonstrated as virtue.

I hope the easter bunny takes a giant dump on your head and then the tooth fairy does the nasty in your mouth!

Haha.

BNF.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 12, 2014 01:25PM

Finshady- we are all mere mortals... We all have equal rights to believe what we choose and no ones beliefs trumps another, because they are just beliefs. None of us are in position of almighty judgement on another... I appreciate and respect that which you believe but those beliefs don't give you the right to judge anyone else's beliefs... Try and appreciate and respect others rights to their beliefs as you want those to appreciate and respect yours...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2014 01:27PM by Crowder52.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: May 12, 2014 01:45PM

lol Mr B stop bringing up race in everything. Goodness in sorry your ancestors sold your ancestors to European ancestors and it took forever to finally abolish and get over slavery and segregation. I think being gay is something that can be cured like a disease so call me what you want I'm not changing my stance on it. There are things in everyone's lives that we do not understand do not like and or hate and frankly do not care if my views offend people. I was born how I was just like you where how you where. Now you are more than welcome to your own opinions and in not going to tell you your wrong about how you feel. You should do the same. We all know and have a gay friend or family member we know and I do not hate anyone who is kind and generous and treat my views as how I treat theirs respected and not forced.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don Jones
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 12, 2014 01:48PM

dolphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought you meant real fishing like Bass
> fishing.


It was blowing 25-30 knots out of the east all last week. I went out 3 nights catching live goggle eye and sardines. Then fished all day in the tournament in a 35 ft center console in 8 feet wind swells with bigger sets crashing over and filling the boat.. Fished 3 kites with nine baits on one side and 3 deep lines and 3 flats on the other all at one time... Mind you in what we call "victory at sea" conditions... If I took you with me in my non real fishing, you would be curled up in the fetal position crying like a little girl...

If you took me "bass" fishing, I would fish with a beer, cigar and my feet up enjoying the 4inch chop in the lake and a nice tan in my shorts flip flops and tshirt... SO tell me again how offshore fishing isn't real fishing? Because that is pretty amusing...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Options: ReplyQuote
Current Page: 2 of 6


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England
TOP
   
© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.