HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          mock draft advice
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
mock draft advice
Posted by: bengalfan22 ()
Date: March 18, 2009 05:49PM

hows it going everyone, i am involved in a mock draft on a bengals message board and i am representing the dolphins. i dont really follow other teams closely, so i wanted to get a basic opinion on what you guys would say your team needs are, and what direction you expect the team to go in the draft. i know parcells is a BPA guy so its tough to get a handle who he will select in the draft, but what other moves would you like to see the team make (trades, ect.)

any input is appreciated, as i want to make sure i make moves that are realistic to the team.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mock draft advice
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 18, 2009 06:26PM

No trades probably.

Need 1 ILB (playmaker to replace Ayodele)
Need 2 WR (#2 WR)
Need 3 CB (compete for starter and for Will Allen who is a FA in 10)
Need 4 OLB (Porter is old and a liability in run support)
Need 5 NT (Ferguson is getting older)
Need 6 CB (depth and possible starter competition next year)
Need 7 TE (Speed guy to replace Martin)

Draft possibilities for round 1....

Hakeem Nicks, Percy Harvin, Connor Barwin, Clay Mathews, Sean Smith, Darius Butler

Probably no ILB available at 25 worthy of 25)

We should be set on the o-line, RB, QB, DE, SS & FS

My best guess for pick 25 is a versatile 3 down LB who can play inside or out...unless a good WR drops to us like Nicks or Harvin

Draft could work out like....

1 Harvin, Nicks
2a Connor Barwin, Clay Mathews
2b Darius Butler

or

1 Clay Mathews/ Barwin
2a Robiskie
2b Ron Brace

see some of the mock draft threads....

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2009 06:31PM by eesti.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 18, 2009 06:54PM

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: March 18, 2009 07:43PM

Welcome Bengals fan, my advise is simple...just write and rank the best 25 guys on the board, scratch them off as they are picked. The Dolphins will probably pick someone in the 16-20 bpa range. smiling smiley

Posted by: bengalfan22 ()
Date: March 18, 2009 10:45PM

thanks for the feedback on team needs and such

toko34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Welcome Bengals fan, my advise is simple...just
> write and rank the best 25 guys on the board,
> scratch them off as they are picked. The
> Dolphins will probably pick someone in the 16-20
> bpa range. smiling smiley

i figured as much, its how the tuna do. only wish mike brown were a little keener at these sorts of things.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: March 19, 2009 01:10AM

I agree BPA is the way to go in the mock.

I agree that WR will probably be 2nd round. Since it's deep, there may be more picked up later. Same with linebacker, position is deep, we'll pick a few.

I agree #25 will be linebacker.

Keep in mind the insides on both sides of the ball are mushy. So look for decent O linemen, a ILB's and a NT (ours is good but aging).

Someone said TE in there someplace, I agree. We'll probably pick up a TE.

Don't pick any safeties or backup QB's.

Date: March 19, 2009 04:15AM

We are working out Cornelius Ingrim from Florida who some have rated as the 2nd best TE this year. He may have been 1st if not for his injury last year. The guy looks like he is chiseled out of stone.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 19, 2009 09:29AM

not not not precy harvin please.

Date: March 19, 2009 09:29AM

You should really have a DOLPHINS fan doing the picks for you....I volunteeer

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 19, 2009 10:30AM

I knew you would. cool smiley

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: March 19, 2009 05:46PM

DaytonaDolfan13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> not not not precy harvin please.

Lets see how you feel next year if we have to defend him with the Jets and Jay Cutler.

Hopefully Cutler goes to Chicago as rumored and the Jeets draft Freeman leaving Harvin for us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2009 06:06PM by eesti.

Date: March 19, 2009 06:19PM

As the first round choice? No I dont think we need 2 tedd ginn's.

Are you trying to antagonize me? -BP

Date: March 19, 2009 06:22PM

You said it best "No Dolphins reps were in attendance."

Date: March 19, 2009 06:53PM

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: March 19, 2009 10:03PM

i just think we have bigger needs than at WR... CB, ILB, DE (to replace Holiday)

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: March 19, 2009 10:08PM

also, i 'll add that im happy with Ginn Camarillo and Bess as our starting WRs.... Add London as our big man, and i think our WR corps looks pretty good. This year we need to go defense with our first pick...

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Date: March 20, 2009 04:21AM

There's no guarantee that Cam can return to form after a torn ACL and a torn meniscus. It is not uncommon to take 2 years for a full recovery. He may play but at what speed and when?

Bess did a great job in his first year but seems to be better suited for the slot. He may even get better this year but the ceiling on him doesn't seem to be very high. Not much rac ability. Ginn doesn't have much rac ability and neither does London.

There are several ILB's that are coming out of the shadows that can be had in later rounds. Players that have the size SIP look for at LB'er.

Antonio Appleby/ILB/Virginia 6-3 1/2" 245 lbs, 4.65-to-4.68 40 yd dash.

Jasper Brinkley/ILB/S.C. 6'2 252 lbs:

Positives: Prototype size and strength for the inside linebacker position. ... Immediate impact defender for South Carolina after transferring from Georgia Military College, and improved gradually. ... Shows some burst as pass rusher on the blitz. ... Good short-area quickness to elude blockers. ... Reliable open-field tackler and can be a punisher inside. ... Intimidating presence whose size and power project nicely as a 3-4 inside linebacker.

Sparano is saying publicly that getting a WR is a luxury but if you notice we are still interviewing/working out top WR's. Also, we have addressed just about every poistion of need through FA except WR.

We addressed ILB with the resigning of Crowder but I still think we take one on day one to compete with Ayodele...just not very high as there are no Jerod Mayo's this year. Remember he ran a 4.54 40 last year. Maualuga and Laurinaitus still have questions (4.8 speed) and they are the only two 1st round rated ILB's.

Obviously I am just trying to figure out what we will do base on my best guess and it changes by the day as more info emerges about prospects.

I would update my mock now to be...

1 WR
2 OLB/CB
2b CB/OLB
3 ILB
4 TE
5 NT
7a OG
7b CB

Date: March 23, 2009 05:11PM

SO WHO DID YOU TAKE????????????????

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: March 24, 2009 04:29AM

Remember that this regime will have a much more scaled down draft board. They will skip over players that have character questions, size limits, & that are not as smart as they prefer.

Basically, you are looking for big...smart...leaders.

Date: March 24, 2009 05:00AM

and they are looking to fill the voids that will be left during FA next year. Chad Pennington, Will Allen, Anthony Fasano, David Martin, Matt Roth, Jason Ferguson, and Davone Bess are all FA next year.

So I may rethink the WR at 1. A CB may be a more pressing need as Will Allen will be let go most likely and we will need a CB this year who can start next year. Otherwise we are stuck with Eric Green as our top corner who should probably be a 3rd CB. We may take two this year.

It should be BPA between LB,CB,WR.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.