HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Knowshon Moreno
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Knowshon Moreno
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 20, 2014 01:50PM

is going to be in for a FA visit. mixed feelings about this, he had a poor career till Manning arrived and had everyone playing the Broncos to throw every down. Not sure how good he is, though he was a high first rounder out of Georgia. He can catch and block. As long as the $$ isn't much I am in favor of signing him. Not stupid Cortland Finnigan type deal though, or I will put Hickey on my sh#t list just under Ireland and Ross and Philbin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Knowshon Moreno
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 20, 2014 01:51PM

I thought Blount would be the target, as long as he comes cheap, I'm ok with it I guess.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 20, 2014 01:58PM

Hickey was part of letting Blount walk in TB, although I do like Blount... His knock is he is a one trick pony who needs a good power blocking scheme, something we are not designed to do...

RB's are pretty cheap these days, so for the right number why not.. But I tend to agree with Berk, Peyton Manning sure helped Moreno a lot last year... Plus last year was the first year in more then 3 that Moreno played more then half the season due to injury issues...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2014 01:59PM by Crowder52.

Date: March 20, 2014 02:17PM

Date: March 20, 2014 03:56PM

If he is cheap then who cares, we definitely need competition and depth at the RB position... We just paid a washed up CB over 5 million dollars a year on a prayer and some serious wishful thinking... Moreno is surely worth a million or two, from that perspective.... But I 100 percent agree with your concerns Berk, but I feel better about his potential then Finnegans... So I am not sure how to take it... If Finnegan lives up to his contract next year Hickey is a genius....

On a side note, if Finnegan is cut before day 1, do we owe him nothing and have zero cap hit? That is the only way his contract makes sense... Is if we said we need a top #2 guy, and that is what we ill pay you like, but if you don't look like that guy at the end of preseason, you are going to be cut.....

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: March 20, 2014 04:04PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> On a side note, if Finnegan is cut before day 1,
> do we owe him nothing and have zero cap hit? That
> is the only way his contract makes sense... Is if
> we said we need a top #2 guy, and that is what we
> ill pay you like, but if you don't look like that
> guy at the end of preseason, you are going to be
> cut.....

no sir, his entire 5.5mm deal is gteed for this season, even if we cut him tomorrow. frankly given the cost and risk I'd rather have kept dmitri patterson. this finnigan deal is such a horrible and needless one I just can't understand it

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 20, 2014 06:52PM

Moreno could be an interesting add being that our OC worked with Chip Kelly in Philly. Knowshon scored me a bunch of fantasy points last year, albeit with some help from Peyton Manning. I could care less about FF though, I just want THIS damn team to win. And if he can help, then welcome aboard.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: March 21, 2014 04:56AM

tough to take anyone from the pats or broncos offense and expect them to duplicate it elsewhere.

draft carlos hyde in the 2nd round.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 21, 2014 05:57AM

I would address rb in the draft, Hyde in the 2nd the kid from LSU in the 3rd.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: March 21, 2014 06:57AM

clearly he would be an upgrade in blocking, which is important even if everything else is equal.

Posted by: cedaphins ()
Date: March 21, 2014 07:10AM

We need to draft a big back that can block in the draft. They would be cheaper in the long run and healthier.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 22, 2014 09:36AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 22, 2014 09:45AM

Date: March 27, 2014 03:13PM

Done deal. If he can run in that Mile high Air , I can't wait to see him in Miami weather on grass!!thumbs upsmileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 07:22AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 07:27AM

Posted by: Anemone1 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 01:45PM

Moreno was one of the best blocking backs last year, as well as being very good catching balls out of the backfield. He'll be a clear upgrade over D. Thomas, and hopefully will help prevent Tannehill from getting killed.

Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 02:11PM

Well a training camp in south Florida compared to mile high will probably gain him a second gear. A lot more oxygen and heat going to put him in best shape of nfl career.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 28, 2014 05:33PM

dolphin Wrote:
> clearly he would be an upgrade in blocking, which
> is important even if everything else is equal.

Exactly...My same thoughts.

Posted by: gnrbaby ()
Date: March 29, 2014 09:36AM

I was hoping we'd pick up Moreno and we did. I'm thrilled to have him. We now have a legit RB, and I think this helps Lamar Miller tremendously. Miller has that big play pop, and hopefully a scheme with Moreno can give both backs more opportunities to explode.

If we get the line to play well, dare I say we should have a potent offense this year.

The Dolphins need to score more points. If we can fix that we are a serious contender. Our defense was pretty good last year, but we can't score enough, nor can our offense stay on the field long enough to benefit .

Date: April 10, 2014 03:11PM

The more I read about this signing, I think Moreno was added to the roster because of not only his running and catching but his ability to pick up the blitz and protect the QB... With how often Tannehill got sacked, having Moreno back there as his last line of defense is going to give RT a lot more confidence in the pocket... His pass catching ability out of the backfield is a great upgrade as well... All things being equal we need a RB who has skills across the board. Not just a guy with speed another with power who both lack at helping protect the QB...

Nietzsche

Posted by: JC ()
Date: April 11, 2014 09:35AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> The more I read about this signing, I think Moreno
> was added to the roster because of not only his
> running and catching but his ability to pick up
> the blitz and protect the QB..

Yes, they've been mentioning this on the Phinsiders. I haven't seen Moreno play much so I didn't know this about him. They also said he *likes* to block. That's refreshing also. Can't wait to see him suit up for us.

Date: April 11, 2014 12:36PM

Yeah i heard on Phinsiders the other day when a local Denver Broncos pundit was saying his protection of Manning was elite... He didn't miss a blitz pick up all year... I like guys that can use their head(brain) on a football field to react to what is happening after the snap, rather then be fooled like a robot... A guy who sees something pre snap that triggers what he is going to do, to only be purposely misled by the opposing defensive coordinator...

Nietzsche

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 11, 2014 01:19PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Yeah i heard on Phinsiders the other day when a
> local Denver Broncos pundit was saying his
> protection of Manning was elite... He didn't miss
> a blitz pick up all year...

Ironic, because our RB's didn't get a blitz pick up right all year. smiling smiley

Date: April 11, 2014 02:10PM

I am liking what Hickey's done so far. I was so disgusted with the GM hiring process that I really couldn't view him with an open mind but other than the weird contract he gave to C Finnigan, I agree with every move he's made and he's not overspent and we still have a lot of cap room we can carry over to next year. The real test will come in the draft but that's actually supposed to be his speciality since he ran the Buc's drafts and while those were not amazing they still blew Ireland's away and he picked players that were good values and made a lot of sense (L David, D Martin) instead of Ireland's no name reach head scratchers.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: April 12, 2014 11:41AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Yeah i heard on Phinsiders the other day when a
> local Denver Broncos pundit was saying his
> protection of Manning was elite... He didn't miss
> a blitz pick up all year...

I heard the same thing about MJD the other day.

Date: June 02, 2014 08:08AM

Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: June 02, 2014 08:56AM

Well maybe he is burnt out? Also if he is too fat to run keep him in as a blocker on pass plays! I think he will help but really the best improvement is our OC switching out! That's a easy two more wins with a revamped o-line!

Date: June 13, 2014 06:09AM

I just don't understand the mindset and I will always be leery of these type of players.

You come into the league as a 1st round draft pick and other than an average rookie year, you are widely considered a disappointment until your contract year...in which you do pretty well but in a very explosive passing offense. One where the defense mostly keys on stopping the passing game.

Mind you, his rookie deal is before the new CBA so he still makes decent money. An average of 3.34 mil per year for the 12th O/A pick.

You get little-to-no interest as a FA and end up signing a one year deal for about the same money as your rookie deal....3 mil/year.

How do you handle it? You show up heavy and out of shape.

Keep in mind that his best season was last year behind Manning and he worked his ass off in the off season to get in great shape....in his contract year. He had above average numbers but again....was in great shape.

I am not overly optimistic that he will have a great year. If he is only above average in a great offense while being in great condition, how will he do being out of shape in an average offense?

I am not criticizing the FO for hiring him. This is all going to be on KM. He will be good for competition to push Miller harder and maybe offer some help in pass protection on the field as well as maybe teach Miller how to pass protect better.

3 mil isn't a huge number but I see him potentially as a backup and 3rd down player. If there is a silver lining, maybe this all helps Miller step it up a level or two.

Let's see if he shows up to training camp in top shape or just a little better. Either way, I am not expecting much from him.

Date: June 19, 2014 10:13AM

Another red flag if anyone is counting on KM to perform as well as he did in 2013....

Knowshon Moreno only faced opposing teams base defense 10% of the time in 2013. That means the other 90%, he was running against nickle defenses or dime defenses.

In other words his numbers may be a tad inflated.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.