HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Starting Lineup
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Starting Lineup
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 13, 2014 05:08AM

But still 7-8 positions up for grabs, depending on if we use a FB. We need to get some SERIOUS weapons on offense this year...as in matchup nightmares.

QB Tannehill
RB
FB
TE Clay
WR1 Wallace
WR2 Hartline
WR3 Gibson
LT Albert
LG
C Pouncey
RG
RT

SDE Wake
SDT Odrick
WDT Starks
WDE Vernon
SLB Misi
MLB
WLB
CB1 Grimes
CB2
FS Delmas
SS Jones

Not sure how these guys fit...

Ellerbe, Wheeler, Jordan, Miller, D-Thomas

Rumor is Ellerbe will moved to WLB and Wheeler will be the highest paid backup unless he shapes up.

Our RB's should have competition this year. I'm not impressed or optimistic about any of them.

Hopefully we can fill in a few more of these spots over the next couple days. RB's are going to be cheap.

Candidates....

Evan Dietrich-Smith (8th rated center last year), Travelle Wharton, Darren Sproles, Legarett Blount, MJD, Zach Strief, Dimitri Patterson, Ben Hartsock (best blocking TE), Ben Tate, Daryl Smith, Walter Thurmond, Pat Sims, Brandon Pettigrew, Captain Munnerlyn, Brandon Spikes, Anthony Collins, John Kuhn

Interesting FA's (not necessarily for Miami)....

Mile Austin, Julius Peppers, BJ Raji, Devin Hester, Kenny Britt, Antonio Cromartie, DR Cromartie, Dustin Keller, Ted Ginn, Brandon Weeden, Emanuel Sanders, Shaun Phillips,

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Starting Lineup
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: March 13, 2014 05:45AM

Wow already posting starting line up the 3rd day of free agency, and without the draft. Take it easy eesti the roster will play itself out. It always does, and the result will be the same good players, and mediocre results.

Date: March 13, 2014 05:48AM

If you're not concerned about it then why post? You handle you. I'll handle me. k

.....................................................................................

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 13, 2014 06:13AM

so many holes =

Phlimflam bought himself another year (after the upcoming season) with all the moves that obviously scream "we're rebuilding" and you can't fire the HC in the middle of reconstruction when the poor slob hasn't had a chance to feather-bed his crony nest with a bunch incompetent massholes and assorted yank rejects.

Not just yet Mr. Ross -- you billion air-head clown in Givenchy boxers and manicured nails… Don't touch the football! Back away from the franchise and pretend you don't even know where Davie is on the google Earth map!

In other words -- keep your ass in NY and leave FL for the natives.

I want the Seminole tribe to purchase the team and rename them:
the Florida Crackers (in a weird twist of mascot irony)!

Oh yea baby. Just do it. And shut up!

BNF

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 13, 2014 06:51AM

I'd like to see what Jordan could do at at WLB.

Date: March 13, 2014 08:33AM

You handle you K what are we children? Predict the lineup 5 years from now worth a shot isn't it?

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 13, 2014 11:12AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you're not concerned about it then why post?
> You handle you. I'll handle me. k

Always nasty and insulting as usual. Typical eesti.

Date: March 13, 2014 04:38PM

eesti Wrote:
> But still 7-8 positions up for grabs, depending on
> if we use a FB. We need to get some SERIOUS
> weapons on offense this year...as in matchup
> nightmares.
>
>
> QB Tannehill
> RB
> FB
> TE Clay
> WR1 Wallace
> WR2 Hartline
> WR3 Gibson
> LT Albert
> LG Shelley Smith
> C Pouncey
> RG
> RT Strief
>
> SDE Wake
> SDT Odrick
> WDT Starks
> WDE Vernon
> SLB Misi
> MLB
> WLB
> CB1 Grimes
> CB2
> FS Delmas
> SS Jones

I like those additions!

Date: March 13, 2014 04:58PM

Don't like Clay as a starting tight end we need too sign another or draft one. Perhaps Keller will come back as well?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 13, 2014 05:49PM

we need to sign another CB for sure. Not sure Finnigan is good anymore though he has the coolest name in the league. Maybe bring Patterson back. Counting on Davis or Jamar Taylor as a starter is about as smart as relying on Martin last year

Date: March 14, 2014 04:27AM

Clay was the 9th ranked TE last year in yards. 6th in receptions. He should only get better.

If you want to argue that he is not a good enough blocker to be a complete TE then I would agree but Keller (and half the other receiving TE's) isn't going to fix that.

That being said, the more holes we fill along the o-line, the easier it would be to draft someone like Ebron in the 1st....but as has been discussed before, that puts Gibson on the bench. He was on pace for about 900 yards and 8 TD's as a slot receiver, first year in a new system.

I think we would be better served to....

Let Lazor build the offense around the strengths of the players as he is rumored to be doing.

Improve our running game and put a weapon in the backfield. Clay will have less need to block if we can get better linemen. We need to draft an elusive RB. My prototype would be LeSean McCoy as Lazor had in Philly. Someone who can be effective in a one-back system.

An improved Charles Clay
A healthy Brandon Gibson
an adequate o-line
a shifty RB

That right there equals an improved Ryan Tannehill and hopefully Wallace as well.

Do those things and we are twice the offense we were in 2013.

Tannehill was under WAY to much pressure to carry this offense minus anything even resembling a running game!

Does anyone think Nick Foles would have done half as well without the best LG in the NFL, a top 3 LT and a talented rookie RT...paired with LeSean MCCoy?

Swap places with Tannehill and Foles last year and RT would have been in the Pro Bowl.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 14, 2014 04:36AM

Keller doesn't do anything that Clay does n't do better including block. Clay is one of the few things that was right about our offense
in 2013. He might have been the only thing that was right. I still think we need a true fb and trade Thomas for what we can get and draft Hyde (OH St) or Hill (LSU) in rnds 2/3 respectively

Date: March 14, 2014 04:55AM

Clay is the same weight and 1 inch taller than Keller. He's much better built to be a TE than a FB. I think he's developing into a very good TE.

Date: March 14, 2014 11:30AM

Clay does not scare defenses like Graham or Gronkowski. We need difference makers at theses positions not just good players.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 14, 2014 11:55AM

Clay is a diff maker IMO. If Billygoat targets you -- you have to be GOOD!

End of story. Where's the glory?

BNF

Date: March 14, 2014 01:06PM

Finshady Wrote:
> Clay does not scare defenses like Graham or
> Gronkowski. We need difference makers at theses
> positions not just good players.

There are about two of those guys on 32 teams. You just don't pluck one out of the draft every year. It's basically those two...and then a huge drop to the next tier....and Gronk can't even stay on the field.

Gonzo and Gates (maybe Witten) used to be in that tier but now they're old.

I'm just thankful we have a guy in the 2nd tier instead of 3rd or 4th tier like Fasano.

Date: March 14, 2014 01:12PM

Date: March 14, 2014 01:21PM

And SD and Indy...

Date: March 14, 2014 03:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.