HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          My dream draft class for this year
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
My dream draft class for this year
Posted by: rabbit99 ()
Date: March 15, 2009 06:43AM

25. Rey Maualuga- Rey Maualuga is a hard hitter and very physical just like Channing Chowder with those guys in the middle it wll be hard to run through...

44. Darrius Heyward-Bey- 6'2 with blazing speed eventhough he drops a "few" may i say more.

44. if Heyward is gone, Connor Barwin- i saw this guy on one of the video someone post he reminds me of Chris Long but he is quicker and faster and has experence at the outside linebacker position.

56. Victor Harris- Walter Football has this guy as a 3rd rounder but he is way to good to be a 3rd rounder. he plays coner and safty and he is a major ball-hoge..

87. Pat White- he is a major steal and he will succeed playing quarterback with the blazing recievers the dolphins has especially if they can get Heyward...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My dream draft class for this year
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 15, 2009 12:54PM

I can't see REY falling to #25.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 15, 2009 12:58PM

and h-bey is going before 25 so "dream" is pretty apt in your post title

Date: March 15, 2009 01:17PM

I'd like to see a bunch of WRs QBs and RBs taken in the 1st.

3- QBs stafford, sanchez, freeman
4- WRs crabtree, maclin, nick, heyward-bey, harvin
2- RBs Wells, Moreno
2- DT RAJI, JERRY
6- DE Orakpo, Brown, Ayers, johnson, jackson, english
6- 0Ts
1- C this would be huge, probably Minnesota taking MACK

CB ? Jacksonville or New Orleans is in a good place to take Jenkins, but will they? They very well could take a WR. And hopefully Minnesote goes Oline. Which could place Vontae Davis on our doorstep, arguably the best CB

LB ? Finding a top tier LB at #44 may be difficult. NE's early 2nd rounder may be used to snatch-up whomever remains from the 1st round fallout.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2009 01:25PM by DaytonaDolfan13.

Posted by: rabbit99 ()
Date: March 15, 2009 03:26PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and h-bey is going before 25 so "dream" is pretty
> apt in your post title

well they said the same thing about deshaun jackson, devin thomas and malcom kelly... and all three ended up going to the 2nd round...to be honest i think the only reciever that should be taken in the 1st is Crabtree.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 19, 2009 05:48PM

1st round WR's IMO will be...

Crabtree, Macklin, Harvin, Nicks and possibly Heyward Bey in that order. Harvin may go before Macklin.

2nd round WR's...

Robiskie, Britt, Williams,

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2009 05:52PM by eesti.

Date: March 19, 2009 06:15PM

Thats NO DREAM DRAFT this is a DREAM.

# 25 SEAN SMITH CB- Gas the size and speed to go toe to toe with the league sizeable WRs. 4 INTs as a rookie at least.

#44 CLINT SINTIM DE/OLB- The real need here maybe an ILB, but he's too good to pass up we'll address that later.

#59 HAKEEM NICKS WR- yeah its a dream and he falls into the late 2nd round. Robiskie's off the board that why nicks is here. We'll take him.

#87 DARRY BECKWITH ILB-this guy has the instincts that we hope will rub off on crowder.

#122 - CORNELIUS INGRAM TE-A weapon on offense, a sleeper till this point in the draft. Chaaa ching

#154 - JASON WATKINS T/G- He has the size we're looking for.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 20, 2009 05:19AM

Rey Maualuga won't fall down to the 25 th pick. You wish. Me too.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 20, 2009 05:34PM

Pat Kirwan and Tim Green did their first mock draft today on Sirius NFL Radio. They had Nicks as the 2nd WR off the board, going in the top 20 picks. Kirwan said that one NFL coach told him that of the top WR in the draft, Nicks is the only one who has run the entire NFL route tree. Crabtree, Nicks, Maclin, Harvin, Heyward-Bey, and Britt all went in their first round. They had Connor Barwin going to the Pats in the first round, citing how his 4.48 40 at his pro day only helped his stock further. They had us deciding between Britt and Alphonso Smith, and Green made the choice to settle on Smith.

If the draft really unfolded this way, it would be very likely that even Brian Robiskie wouldn't make it to us at #44.

Date: March 20, 2009 06:38PM

yeah but there'd be alot of talent pushed out of the 1st by those WRs.

Date: March 23, 2009 04:52AM

25; clay mathews 44; sean smith 59; pat white, and i think we got another second round for satele maybe a third. but thats what i want for our first three picks.

Date: March 23, 2009 04:53AM

If Nicks, Harvin and Barwin are gone, i think we will trade down.

.....................................................................................

Date: March 23, 2009 05:11AM

im about 90 percent certain that clay mathews will be our first pick.

Date: March 23, 2009 05:18AM

everyone wants a dominate reciver but we got more pressing needs, like having a DOMINATE running game, and defense, because brady is back, the jets have beefed thier D alot, and the bills got T.O so go heavy D in this draft and fill in the holes at O-line starting with a top notch center.

Date: March 23, 2009 05:28AM

I don't think they paid Grove 6 million a year with 14 mil guaranteed with the intent of drafting a 1st or 2nd round center. It is pretty clear the they expect JG to start and Berger to back him up.

So, like it or not, our oline is pretty much set with the addition of some later round players for depth. I think they will still try and find another Donald Thomas who was taken with one of 3, 6th round picks last year. We can always use quality depth at a bargain price.

Date: March 23, 2009 05:11PM

SMASH MOUTH RUN GAME -A MUST

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 23, 2009 05:15PM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think they paid Grove 6 million a year
> with 14 mil guaranteed with the intent of drafting
> a 1st or 2nd round center. It is pretty clear the
> they expect JG to start and Berger to back him
> up.

I'll say THIS. That's what they want everyone to think. I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick a Center in the 2nd round.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: March 23, 2009 05:52PM

Date: March 24, 2009 06:06AM

we could take a late round center? not sure how many is out there an dalso how many small school centers not even in the draft could turn out to be the next devone bess, im not worried at all. a 6th round pick isnt that good and would have also liked to see a 4th for samson, but a pick is a pick, and the money wont be bad, but besides that, im curious if the broncos would trade cutler too the jets maybe we could trade pennington too the broncos? dont know how or if that would work but we could deff get a first or second round for him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.