HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made $44.2 million in 2012
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made $44.2 million in 2012
Date: February 14, 2014 04:43PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made $44.2 million in 2012
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: February 15, 2014 06:42AM

Yes I would sit outside, and watch the super bowl if I got paid that kind of cash. Really Roger way to take one for the team.

Date: February 16, 2014 06:56AM

Paid over a million from each Team of course he wants the NFL bigger , Bigger , Bigger with MORE teams , GLOBALLY. sad smiley What kind of crap do you think he does to warrant such money? Whatever the owners want, that's what. Except Mr Ross. he seems out of the bubble. Strange political world we live in.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: February 16, 2014 07:26AM

The tragedy, is the fact he supposedly works for a non profit that pays their chief executive, that type of money... What a crock of sh*t... The NFL needs to be taxed and regulated like the rest of small business across the country... Not this non profit scam they have been pulling for all of these years...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: February 16, 2014 07:49AM

Poor owners, they're gonna go broke because of the big old bad union remember Crowder?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 16, 2014 08:36AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The tragedy, is the fact he supposedly works for a
> non profit that pays their chief executive, that
> type of money... What a crock of sh*t... The NFL
> needs to be taxed and regulated like the rest of
> small business across the country... Not this non
> profit scam they have been pulling for all of
> these years...

I agree. Hit it hard because its getting out of control. But when you have politicians all bankrolled by billionaires, many who own NFL Teams , I guess The Dolphins have a better chance at winning a superbowl then getting it Taxed and regulated.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 16, 2014 09:00AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Poor owners, they're gonna go broke because of the
> big old bad union remember Crowder?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Dude, why do u keep mixing up my support for the owners vs the unions, for my support for the owner and NFL, scamming the tax system... Completely different issues....
Goodell surely made a lot more money then the Dolphins did last year, and so will Mike Wallace..

I also didn't support Ross in getting subsidies from the state...

Lots of issues, I am an honest broker based on the issues at hand or being discussed, I don't blindly support one group or another, I support issues.... But how do I have a feeling that every time I question ownership or the non profit, you are going to try and join that to other issues I have supported in the past that have nothing to do with each other.... I think you just like me explaining myself over and over Dolph, ribbed for your enjoyment.... lol

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: February 16, 2014 11:42AM

My comment was actually just to give you some good natured ribbing, but since you took it so literal I will explain, at the time of the lockout, I took your stance as classic union bashing, and to help paint that picture you made the owners sound like poor little souls who were all about to go bankrupt if things didn't change, now that that's resolved you paint the owners as greedy money grubbing bastards. No matter what the situation is, i'm not sure how your perception of the owners can swing that much?

Date: February 16, 2014 11:51AM

Our team doesn't make money. For what Ross paid for the team he doesn't make money... What does he make at his best year, 1%... When single players or employees make more per year then the owner, there is a problem...

I also don't think the tax payers should make up that difference for the owner.. Whether it be subsidizing stadiums or getting shafted with this non profit scheme... Where Goodell makes 44 million running a non profit...

If the owners had a better deal with the unions, they wouldn't put it on the tax payers to make up the difference...

Nietzsche

Date: February 16, 2014 12:03PM

Crowder52 Wrote:

> If the owners had a better deal with the unions,
> they wouldn't put it on the tax payers to make up
> the difference...

I agree, if they had a better shake from the unions they'd probably be able to pay their commish a huge 44 million dollar per year deal.........oh wait, they already did that. Now we know why Goodell was so adamant during the lockout

Date: February 16, 2014 12:34PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Crowder52 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > If the owners had a better deal with the
> unions,
> > they wouldn't put it on the tax payers to make
> up
> > the difference...
>
> I agree, if they had a better shake from the
> unions they'd probably be able to pay their
> commish a huge 44 million dollar per year
> deal.........oh wait, they already did that. Now
> we know why Goodell was so adamant during the
> lockout

That is part of the non profit scam, not the union issues... They are different issues.... If the NFL wasn't a non profit, they surely would not be paying Goodell 44 million... But the non profit part needs to do something with that money, for they are a non for profit...

Nietzsche

Date: February 16, 2014 12:55PM

Oh I see now, it's the non profit thing that got Goodell paid not the pay cut the players took, my bad............Oh, one other thing Mr Crowder (in my best Columbo impersonation <for you youngsters, that's Columbo the TV show detective from the 70's, not Marc, the horrible O-lineman from a few years ago>winking smiley weren't they "non profit" before this last contract? And if they were Mr. Crowder, why wasn't Goodell paid that much before?

Date: February 16, 2014 02:08PM

He has been paid big money before Mr DOlphaholic. I know he made somewhere around 30 million in 2011... The teams pay I believe 6 million a year into the non profit, plus the non profit owns things like the NFL network, combine, draft,etc... That is where Goodell is paid from and I am sure the increasing success of the "NFL" brand has to do with his pay and others....

Nietzsche

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 16, 2014 02:19PM

Millionaires gotta eat too.

Date: February 16, 2014 02:43PM

Date: February 16, 2014 03:00PM

Date: February 16, 2014 03:12PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Millionaires gotta eat too.

Yeah , and their favorite meal seems to be the middle class.........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 16, 2014 03:26PM

LOL.

Date: February 16, 2014 03:43PM

Since my point is that Goodell's salary jumped after he engineered the players to take a pay cut, your article helps prove my point.
I could really give a rats ass what they pay him, but it's typical that the blue collar guys in the trenches are forced to take pay cuts so the few at the top can get lofty raises, all while holding out their hands trying to get tax payers to pony up for incentives (or in the case of NFL owners, it's stadium upgrades).

Date: February 17, 2014 12:09AM

Date: February 21, 2014 10:39AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Since my point is that Goodell's salary jumped
> after he engineered the players to take a pay cut,
> your article helps prove my point.
> I could really give a rats ass what they pay him,
> but it's typical that the blue collar guys in the
> trenches are forced to take pay cuts so the few at
> the top can get lofty raises, all while holding
> out their hands trying to get tax payers to pony
> up for incentives (or in the case of NFL owners,
> it's stadium upgrades).

sorry I dropped off in this topic, my little one unexpectedly had some health issues and was in the hospital for a few days....

I love your characterization that the players took a pay cut, that is the most ludicrous statement I think you have ever made Dolph... Keeping tell your self that over and over if it makes you feel better...hahahaha...

The union got a better deal then they should have and it surely didn't include pay cuts other then for rookies, with more money going to vets, what the union wanted...
It also still doesn't change the fact that Mike Wallace an employee makes more money then the owner of the Dolphins... That is reality... So who is actually getting the pay cut, it surely wasn't Mike Wallace, and it surely was Mr Ross... I also like how you ignore the fact that Goodell also negotiated the largest TV contract in the history of NFL as part of his bonus money in 2011... And all of his pay is now performance based... And the NFL brand is making more money... But Ross isn't... My issues in the labor contract were always local... And locally our owner gets the short end of the stick based on the labor agreement...

In your skewed world view of the NFL, the owners showered Goodell with bonus money for screwing the union, although as I said before our owner makes less then many players in our organization on avg....
With views like that I can see you live in fairy tale land and believe/see what you want to and blindfolded by the rest. So there isn't much sense in wasting either of our time arguing with you about it. You are just going to keep on believing what makes you feel warm and fuzzy at night, so more power to you......

Nietzsche

Date: February 21, 2014 12:25PM

Date: February 21, 2014 12:31PM

Dolph- well sometimes politeness gets the best of me, are you suggesting when I say something to harsh I shouldn't deleted for the sake of community? That is a bad thing and shows I lack class?

You just like to constantly bring up the same argument years later any chance you get, knowing we have very differing views that are not going to change? That is how you act classy?

You can look up the money the Dolphins make every year from Forbes... But to you that is just written off as cooked books.... We disagree, why waste the time with it, in sense beating a dead horse over and over? And then questioning my class, really? That is how you show your class? got ya.....

Nietzsche

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.