HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Brandon London - Good? or CBs Bad
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Brandon London - Good? or CBs Bad
Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 12, 2009 06:05AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brandon London - Good? or CBs Bad
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: March 12, 2009 07:50AM

I loved what I saw out of london last year. He got open and made solid catches. I personally thought that we should have used him more. That being said, it is clear from this video he runs GREAT routes. I think our boy ginn needs to sit down and watch this guy work on db's. Anyhow as a person who played the position we need to look at game film- why, because in games it is not just one on one you have to read coverage and sometimes work on the safety as well. He clearly can get open against one guy (a skill i would question if ginn can do on a consistent basis). I would like to see london get some reps at the one or 2 spot since he has great numbers- 6'4'' 210 and reported to run a 4.47 40. I think that says it all.

I laughed pretty hard at how he sat y.bell down on that goal line move

Posted by: realist ()
Date: March 12, 2009 08:21AM

I agree that he gets open on those routes, but to be honest, I have seen lots of practice clips where that is the case.

I remember seeing exciting new WR's getting open against Madison & Surtain in prcatice, and me thinking...great! these must be awesome WR's to beat our Pro-bowlers......in games.....they were not open as much.

London has some great physical attirbutes, but he catches too close to the body. I only saw 1 or 2 passes in that clip where he caught it at its highest point. he didn't reach out and grab it.

I look forward to his development, but he didn't show me THAT much.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 12, 2009 08:54AM

I dont think any of those answers are right.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 12, 2009 09:05AM

I am not overly optimistic about him getting much more playing time. I could see him getting 20 receptions this year for about 300 yards. He only had 50/781/9 in his best year in college so he does not have big production at any time. Why couldn't he produce more at small school UMass with his physical skills?

I am thinking Ernest Wilford will rebound this year and revert back to the production he was getting in Jax...maybe a bit more. His best season was in 05 when he had 41/681/7 td's.

It does no good to cut him for cap reasons. The only reason would be if we really needed the roster space because we had so many good WR's...which we don't. We have a bunch of mediocre WR's.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 12, 2009 10:10AM

All of those are just that practice videos in a drill that favors the offensive player. Where he is matched one on one with a guy playing tight up on the line of scrimmage and he has nothin to lose...ie a real football game. Also there is no safety over the top....isnt every NFL WR suppose to have the advantage in that situation and suppose to make the play 90% of the time.. I would like to see the same drills of Ginn matched one on one with the DB playing up tight on the line in practice...it would be a blood bath....Teddy got that coverage what maybe five times all year in a real game situation and when one on one with Teddy they never played tight up on the line of scrimmage, there would be minimum 5 yard cushion if they were one on one with Teddy other then on Goalline . I like London I think he has great potential and probably should have been used more especially if DB's were covering him like that. Just remeber this drill favors the offensive player.. I remeber London had one shot in this coverage in a real game last season one on one on in the red zone and he caught the ball with one foot out of bounds. He would have to catch the next 9 in a row to live up to what was expected of him in that coverage, the number 3 DB one on one in the redzone and he didn't make the play.London is good but don't kid yourself into thinking he is better then Ginn from these practice highlights

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: March 12, 2009 10:51AM

While the drill clearly favors the receiver, especially one as tall as London, he didn't simply use his size on every play.

His body control was fantastic. He did a great job of coming back for the ball, and some of his cuts were very, very good. He showed that he can do a whole heck of a lot more than just use his height. Its definitely very encouraging to see him play like that.

Date: March 12, 2009 10:56AM

Agreed

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: March 12, 2009 10:58AM

Ditto

Date: March 12, 2009 11:20AM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 12, 2009 05:16PM

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 19, 2009 01:49PM

Looks like a guy who knws how toi get to the ball. We have needed a possession receiver for a while now.

I like what I see an am optimistic that the wr corp will e better next year with pr without a big new draaft pick.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 20, 2009 04:18AM

Brandon london has a lot of potential to be a really good WR. He is tall fast and has good hands. He just needs more reps in the regular season.

I think london was a good find. We benefited from the giants been so deep at the WR position.

Ginn, bess, camarillo, london, and a couple of high draft picks and the wide receiver position will be a strengh this year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.