HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Here you go would you draft this player
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Here you go would you draft this player
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: February 15, 2014 09:37AM

I think this guy is pretty clever. He's going to exploit all the PC crap for all its worth. If somebody doesn't draft him pretty high, the press will scream. If he gets cut, the press will scream louder. If he doesn't start on opening day or play a LOT, the press will talk incessantly. This guy has got it made with the press on his side, so we'll never really know how he would have been handled if he was just another player, because he never will be just another player. I'm not sure whether to applaud his cleverness or pity him.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: February 15, 2014 09:38AM

You asked, and I told you now accept that we have differing views, and move on. I am not going to talk about my personal life except too say I did pretty well in the marriage category.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 15, 2014 09:56AM

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: February 15, 2014 10:13AM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You asked, and I told you now accept that we have
> differing views, and move on. I am not going to
> talk about my personal life except too say I did
> pretty well in the marriage category.

I wasn't trying to upset you. And I certainly wasn't trying to invade your personal life.

I was just debating a topic with you. I was actually enjoying the conversation, but I'll let it go if you don't want to continue. Not a problem.

Date: February 15, 2014 06:13PM

Hey Truth you are not going to convince me that homosexuality is normal, and a healthy alternative life to say heterosexuality. I just think that I am more concerned with the way this gay marriage debate has painted people who don't agree with gay marriage as bigots or homophobes. I certainly don't really care what 2 men or women do in the privacy of their bed rooms that is for God almighty too judge,but when I am told that it is a civil right too love who I want, and marry who I want when they happen too both be the same sex that is where I can no longer agree with what the debate is all about Truth. I will ask you a question can 2 men or 2 women have a natural child without someone else's sperm or egg too help facilitate the pregnancy that answer is hell no. 2 women need a sperm donor. 2 men need an egg donor and a surrogate mother. How is this equal to how me, and my wife had our children simply it isn't. Not too mention billions of other people on the planet, and don't say that some couples need help that's true. However not all couples my friend. That is the difference for me too never ever support gay marriage. Because unless you can have children naturally then it's never ever going to be a real marriage. I hope that this can help you understand the point of view of most conservatives on this issue. Do not equate my marriage with 2 men who have the same freaking body parts. That is a gross injustice for those of us who believe in the sanctity of life, and the marriage between a man and a woman. Let me just add I don't care what color the man, and woman are just as long as one is male, and the other is female. Hey Chyren tell me was that a good argument in a legal sense?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2014 06:15PM by Finshady.

Date: February 15, 2014 10:38PM

Date: February 16, 2014 04:39AM

Way too deep you must be a lawyer lol.

Date: February 16, 2014 04:49AM

Finshady Wrote:
> Hey Truth you are not going to convince me that
> homosexuality is normal, and a healthy alternative
> life to say heterosexuality.

Who defines what is "normal"?

Homosexuality occurs in a a small segment of nearly every animal species. Even Man. Its certainly not in the mainstream, but that doesn't mean its not "normal" for there to be a small segment of humanity that is born with a stronger same sex attraction than the usual opposite sex attraction.

As for it being an "alternative", its not. You are either born that way or you aren't. And as for how healthy it is, its no more healthy or unhealthy to be in a monogamous heterosexual or homosexual relationship.

And you are right, nothing I'm going to say is going to convince you because your position is one that is taken on faith.

> I just think that I
> am more concerned with the way this gay marriage
> debate has painted people who don't agree with gay
> marriage as bigots or homophobes.

Well if you go by the standard definition of those terms, many of those who are most outspoken on this issue fit the bill. Not all for sure, but then again, most people of faith who aren't rigid in their beliefs, and don't hate gays for being gay tend to have no issues with homosexual marriages getting the same treatment under the law.

> I certainly
> don't really care what 2 men or women do in the
> privacy of their bed rooms that is for God
> almighty too judge,

I agree with this completely. People are entitled to think being gay is a sin and that homosexuals are going to hell. They just aren't entitled to discriminate against them in our society because of that belief.

> but when I am told that it is a
> civil right too love who I want, and marry who I
> want when they happen too both be the same sex
> that is where I can no longer agree with what the
> debate is all about Truth.

That's because you cannot separate your faith from what is law in a secular society.

> I will ask you a
> question can 2 men or 2 women have a natural child
> without someone else's sperm or egg too help
> facilitate the pregnancy that answer is hell no.

Of course they can't. I said as much in another post.

> 2 women need a sperm donor. 2 men need an egg
> donor and a surrogate mother. How is this equal
> to how me, and my wife had our children simply it
> isn't. Not too mention billions of other people
> on the planet, and don't say that some couples
> need help that's true. However not all couples my
> friend.

Plenty of straight couple use Invitro fertilization.

> That is the difference for me too never
> ever support gay marriage. Because unless you can
> have children naturally then it's never ever going
> to be a real marriage.

If, as you seem to believe, that the only purpose of marriage is to reproduce, then you would be right.

In this country however there are a myriad of financial reasons to get married: Tax rates, tax credits, inheritance taxes, hospital visitation rights, access to health insurance, survivor benefits on social security and pensions, etc, etc.

> I hope that this can help
> you understand the point of view of most
> conservatives on this issue. Do not equate my
> marriage with 2 men who have the same freaking
> body parts. That is a gross injustice for those
> of us who believe in the sanctity of life, and the
> marriage between a man and a woman.

I'm not arguing from a "sanctity of life" perspective. There is no argument on that score because homosexual marriages can't reproduce naturally.

And nobody is trying to say that any religious body has to recognize homosexual marriages as equal to traditional marriages.

This is about the "gross injustice" of denying the rights enjoyed by some Americans to other Americans because they are different than the majority of us.

> Let me just
> add I don't care what color the man, and woman are
> just as long as one is male, and the other is
> female. Hey Chyren tell me was that a good
> argument in a legal sense?

Not so much.

In this country we have a thing called the "separation of church and state."

It allows you to follow whatever religion you want. It also protects the rest of society from the majority deciding to impose its religious beliefs on the minority.

You claim you don't care what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms, and that is between them and God. Yet you want to deny them the same rights and privileges that you enjoy in this country due to your faith based definition of the word "marriage."

This is exactly why these anti-gay marriage laws are being struck down across the nation. Legally, they are discrimination.

The funny thing is that you don't care what they do in privacy. They don't care what you do either, or if in private you choose to hate, pity or be disgusted by them. They just want the same legal rights granted by to "married" couples under man's law. They aren't worried about how you interpret God's law because they already believe that God loves them because he created them.

Date: February 16, 2014 06:52AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Finshady, I am amused at "Truth's" argument
> against you.
>
> He basically looks down on you for your religious
> belief. I don't share your belief and I look at
> this issue more as he does, but what kills me, no
> pun intended, is that he is the same guy who is so
> opposed to capital punishment that he stated on
> this board that prosecutors like me should be
> executed if an innocent man has been found to be
> wrongly convicted and executed.
>
> When I responded by asking him if this included
> the police officers who made the arrest, he said
> no, they were "just doing their job" and that the
> prosecutors were the ones who made the choice to
> proceed with the trial.
>
> LOL. When I asked him then, following that logic,
> should not the Judge and Jurors EVEN MORESO also
> be executed because even more than the prosecutor
> who brought the case because they made the
> decision to find guilt,....he pretended to blow up
> and blocked all future messages from me. .
>
> So, Finshady, just press the "quote" button on the
> "options" listed on my post so that he will read
> it so you can to remind him of what a hypocrite he
> is when he talks about people being intolerant and
> how intolerant he is of people who believe in the
> death penalty.

LOL. OR just do what I do and place him on ignore. I haven't read a single line of his in months and this truly is a much better place. Truth and J. Martin I have them in the same boat holding hands.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 16, 2014 08:37AM

Really? I think truth is one of the better posters on here. Not sure why you'd put him on ignore

Date: February 16, 2014 10:21AM

Finshady Wrote:
> Way too deep you must be a lawyer lol.

Simplified version (or simplified justification) is I have worked in Government and have seen how, when Government gets involved in things, they totally takeover.

All the religious people should really be campaigning for separating the concept of marriage FROM the State.

Marriage should be a function of religion.

Legal Partnerships should be a function of the state whether people come to that partnership by marriage or some other arrangement between adults.

As long as "marriage" is, as it is now, not only a religious thing but a "state thing" the day will come when in comes the government regulators into religion to dictate every OTHER detail of religion. You DON'T want that.

So even if your religion, as you see it, would ban sanctioning a gay union, you should NOT support a state ban on that union.

Why? Because if the state can tell same sex people they can't get married THEN IT FOLLOWS that even if they accept this religious premise, the State THEN has the right to "take a look at" ALL OTHER aspects of religious institutions and either approve or disapprove the practices therein.

Finshady, you have your right to your opinion based on your religion or your interpretation of it. Why I tried to get you to quote what Treasure did was to show you that the guy arguing with you does NOT seem to realize that his opposition to capital punishment is not ORDAINED by morality (if not religion) but is just his own point of view as to his morality just as is other religious beliefs.

So why should he bother you about YOUR religious beliefs when he is crying like a little baby because the State, following the beliefs of many of its citizens, exact an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth in killing murderers for the purpose of disabusing other potential killers of the notion that they can kill WITHOUT risking their OWN lives?

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: February 16, 2014 10:36AM

Basicly Chyren is saying he doesn't want the Fed government legislating to the Church... Religious related programs and universities can have their support/funding pulled by the FEDs for not supporting same sex marriage.. That would have the govt legislating to the Church... That is a problem and will come up in the future...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: February 16, 2014 02:59PM

The Catholic church is already at odds with the Obama Administration over covering contraceptives for women in the work place. This Government does not want to take on churches because that is a losing battle for believers in the bible and various church teachings. I think the Government will stay out of church affairs from now on I believe.

Date: February 16, 2014 03:41PM

You know the funny thing about that, Finshady is that this is the issue.

The law being spoken of provides that all employers employing a certain number of employees

a) must provide health insurance which
1) includes contraceptive and abortion coverage

The Catholic Church is opposed to both use of contraception and abortion. No problem.

But there is nothing in the law that FORCES those employees to use contraception or get abortions even if their coverage PROVIDES ACCESS to them.

SO IF A CATHOLIC employee engages in those activities, doesn't THAT indicate that the Church has FAILED in its teachings????????

I mean why isn't the BLAME ON THE CATHOLIC CHURCH if its OWN employees will violate their teachings?

Why do you HIRE employees who you don't know will stick to your teaching?

The more important question is WHY DO YOU SHIFT THE BLAME to the government for YOUR FAILURE TO CONVINCE your own employees to LIVE UP TO YOUR OWN CREED???????

Yes, the church will tell you they have to pay a certain amount of the insurance premium whether OR NOT these features are used but that is an infinitesimally small amount of the whole employer co-pay for the overall insurance.

This really represents an example of religion trying to interfere with government and demanding that the strong arm of the law be used to enforce the Catholic Church's own teachings and its desire that its own flock and employees have NO OPTION to violate their teachings. Again, they want THE GOVERNMENT to do that FOR THEM!

Date: February 16, 2014 05:23PM

Once again Chyren you miss the point. The church can teach that contraception, and abortion are wrong, and against church teachings. However some Catholics still do both. It's the privacy of the bed room that has too stay protected. The church does not interfere in everyday lives because it can't police everyone, and risk losing the tithing that keeps it functioning. The Obama administration, can't mandate it either because their both personal choices. Once again stay out of my or any body else's bedroom.

Date: February 16, 2014 06:09PM

But can you really say that's it is the Govt interfering with the lives of Catholics when all the govt does is make the contraception available and the good Catholic fails to heed his own religious teaching that says contraception is wrong??????

All the govt does is provide the ACCESS.

If not, then we should ban all contraception for EVERYONE just to make sure Catholics don't secretly get it from Protestants.

I know you would oppose that, wouldn't you?

If you don't then why can't the Taliban come in from the Mid East and dictate to ALL OF US what their religious beliefs are?????

You just gotta say, "Hey, Pope, if your teaching is so weak that you have to have the government make laws to make sure your people don't go behind your back and violate it, then WE CAN'T HELP YOU."

Date: February 17, 2014 03:16AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> Really? I think truth is one of the better posters
> on here. Not sure why you'd put him on ignore

Because I called him out on what was at the very least a poorly timed train wreck joke. You should have seen the lovely PM barrage that generated. eye rolling smiley

Its better for everyone that he blocks me.

Date: February 17, 2014 03:19AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Basicly Chyren is saying he doesn't want the Fed
> government legislating to the Church... Religious
> related programs and universities can have their
> support/funding pulled by the FEDs for not
> supporting same sex marriage.. That would have the
> govt legislating to the Church... That is a
> problem and will come up in the future...

No, that would be the gov't deciding NOT to spend public funds on an organization that opposes the laws the gov't or the majority of this country, have put in place.

That is not the same thing.

The Church has every right to stick to its principles. The gov't has every right to decide to stop giving it funds from citizens who don't share the church's view on things.

Date: February 17, 2014 05:09AM

Finshady Wrote:
> The Catholic church is already at odds with the
> Obama Administration over covering contraceptives
> for women in the work place. This Government does
> not want to take on churches because that is a
> losing battle for believers in the bible and
> various church teachings. I think the Government
> will stay out of church affairs from now on I
> believe.

Actually the church WAS at odds over This issue with the current administration.

I believe that requirement was overturned by the courts.

Date: February 17, 2014 05:18AM

Finshady Wrote:
> Once again Chyren you miss the point. The church
> can teach that contraception, and abortion are
> wrong, and against church teachings. However some
> Catholics still do both. It's the privacy of
> the bed room that has too stay protected. The
> church does not interfere in everyday lives
> because it can't police everyone, and risk losing
> the tithing that keeps it functioning.

That's because the Catholic Church doesn't have to right or the authority to "police" everyone.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 17, 2014 06:14AM

The Catholic church will never back down on contraception. They are in constant need of a fresh crop of young boys.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: February 17, 2014 12:29PM

berkeley223 Wrote:

I did not put HIM on ignore. He put ME on HIS ignore. Above, he is switchjng places. He is the one who ran away crying.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: February 17, 2014 02:06PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> berkeley223 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Really? I think truth is one of the better
> posters
> > on here. Not sure why you'd put him on ignore
>
>
> I did not put HIM on ignore. He put ME on HIS
> ignore. Above, he is switchjng places. He is the
> one who ran away crying.

berk was talking to TCP Chyren, not you.

Date: February 17, 2014 02:31PM

Yeah, holic. But Truth thought Berk was talking to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2014 02:35PM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 17, 2014 03:07PM

no I was talking to TCC re Truth, Truth was responding to that

Date: February 17, 2014 03:28PM

Because Truth whined like a little girl in that argument over capital punishment, blew up and then blocked me.

He had the nerve to talk about PMs between himself and Treasure?

Let's say that at the time he blocked me for the second time, I would speculate that his short disappearance shortly thereafter was due to time he was probably spending recuperating mentally. I think he did a "Jonathan Martin" from the board for a while.

Date: February 17, 2014 03:42PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> no I was talking to TCC re Truth, Truth was
> responding to that

lol...let me guess...CB thinks I was talking to him....right? Hahahaha.

Of course, its possible that he also made an asinine joke about a tragedy in NY, but I doubt it. CB's a lot of things but he's not that big of a douche.

Unlike CB I keep my promises. After his last freak out I promised to avoid him, not too mention him or engage him if he'd do the same.

Too bad he can't live up to that offer. He still has to beg people to re-post his attacks on me in the hope I'll respond to him.

Pathetic.

CB get over yourself. You don't exist too me. Life is much better that way.

Date: February 17, 2014 05:23PM

Taking your medicine? Remember the doctor told you to just ignore me.

Date: February 17, 2014 05:59PM

berkeley223 Wrote:

He is quite Selfish and thinks everyuthing is about him. Guy is a TRAINWRECK. eye rolling smileydrinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 17, 2014 06:44PM

THE Truth Wrote:

> Unlike CB I keep my promises. After his last
> freak out I promised to avoid him, not too mention
> him or engage him if he'd do the same.
>
> Too bad he can't live up to that offer.

You REFUSED THAT offer. REMEMBER???????

He still
> has to beg people to re-post his attacks on me in
> the hope I'll respond to him.

Yeah and I hope someone does repost this so I can tell you now to go back and reread your PMs to realize that you told a lie about who refused the deal. Remember it was right before the last time you disappeared to go back into therapy. You did so after one of the most mentally disturbing messages I have seen in a long time.

>
> Pathetic.

Which is what I thought you were when you had your last nervous breakdown. But luckily, I felt sorry for you.

>
> CB get over yourself. You don't exist too me.
> Life is much better that way.

I agree with your therapist that this is for the best for you.

Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.